DINOCOSTA

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

DINOCOSTA wrote:This thread is pretty hilarious stuff...nice try genius, but come back when you can do us all one better.

'Trying' to build a NATIONAL show?

I've been there going on 4 years already, slappy.

Or have you not heard?

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/in- ... s-20120914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ooops...
4 years? Dude, you aren't Jim Rome. If you can get DC on your show and go Jim Rome on him...you got another listener. Honestly, if I wasn't busy and nowhere near my jeep...I would've checked the show out. You coming on here to lash out against us for not listening or calling in was what made me not want to listen. The way you went about that screamed "amature hour". Even your reaction to my critical remarks... You act like Wyoming fans are blessed to be graced w your presence. Get off your high horse, man. I get it that your thing is loving to scream and argue. Cool. Just know that I question your intentions w my Alma Mater as a "priority" of yours if you are making these stupid suggestions like Petrino just to stir the pot up. I'm here and won't stop posting. Regardless of how many frat boy, "bro, your poop is weak! Nice try!" responses I get from you.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:
DINOCOSTA wrote:This thread is pretty hilarious stuff...nice try genius, but come back when you can do us all one better.

'Trying' to build a NATIONAL show?

I've been there going on 4 years already, slappy.

Or have you not heard?

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/in- ... s-20120914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ooops...
poop you just got owned by the "ONE AND ONLY DINO"
ha.... okay I made that part up, but trust me it's gonna stick!

Another thing you really want some proof I know the kid? Want me to post his old phone number? his old texts we used send eachother? (I would only send some of them.... as some were adult language not suitable for you) like wtf? he smelled???? lol, poop he took my girl to dinner a couple times and all she smelt like was the tuna in the ocean. ( :o poop :x )
Friends and jersey chasers are two VERY different things. :shock:
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

See what happens when football completely poop the bed, Everyone attacks everyone else. We really need the Pokes to turn this poop around.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Wyo2dal wrote:See what happens when football completely poop the bed, Everyone attacks everyone else. We really need the Pokes to turn this poop around.
A lot of truth to this. When the team sucks A, the entire Powder River train derails with everyone on it. Not a fun ride.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Could a Mod please rename this thread the haterade factory?

this is top notch poop!
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
poop you just got owned by the "ONE AND ONLY DINO"
ha.... okay I made that part up, but trust me it's gonna stick!

Another thing you really want some proof I know the kid? Want me to post his old phone number? his old texts we used send eachother? (I would only send some of them.... as some were adult language not suitable for you) like wtf? he smelled???? lol, poop he took my girl to dinner a couple times and all she smelt like was the tuna in the ocean. ( :o poop :x )
:eek:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

I can't decided if this thread amuses me or not...

....regardless, stop with the personal attacks.
ImageImageImageImage
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Of all the places to find a couple of middle school girls pulling each other's hair while yelling at each other...

edit: took me a while to read the thread before replying, I guess. Sorry Mr. Mod!

Regardless, can people just grow the hell up? This is embarrassing to be affiliated with.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

dapokes wrote:Dude, you aren't Jim Rome.
Thank God for that!

Also, can we move this to the smack board? They can bitch to their hearts desire over there without the rest of us having to see it.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:I can't decided if this thread amuses me or not...

Ok...
I will keep the segment with Gagliardi, however in reality, you are not worthy of this national platform.

You want respect and you crave visibility for the Pokes, and yet, when given a platform on the stage as big as has been delivered you...you fail.

Look it, I don't rely on phone calls to make my shows go, but in this case, I believe the disrespect you have shown the writer in question is beyond comprehension and shows a lack of awareness.

And I wanted to bring a national radio show to the stadium this fall?

Two phone calls for the segment doesn't come close to getting it done -- particularly if you possess a SXM account.
That's trash, Mr. T. I wasn't the only one pissed off over it either. Combine that w the lack of knowledge over 3 letters Cowboy fans w a pulse know. Can you honestly blame me? What is so "personal" about questioning motives behind such an esteemed poster promoting a show as the sole reason he's here?? Tell me I'm wrong.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

dapokes wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:I can't decided if this thread amuses me or not...

Ok...
I will keep the segment with Gagliardi, however in reality, you are not worthy of this national platform.

You want respect and you crave visibility for the Pokes, and yet, when given a platform on the stage as big as has been delivered you...you fail.

Look it, I don't rely on phone calls to make my shows go, but in this case, I believe the disrespect you have shown the writer in question is beyond comprehension and shows a lack of awareness.

And I wanted to bring a national radio show to the stadium this fall?

Two phone calls for the segment doesn't come close to getting it done -- particularly if you possess a SXM account.
That's trash, Mr. T. I wasn't the only one pissed off over it either. Combine that w the lack of knowledge over 3 letters Cowboy fans w a pulse know. Can you honestly blame me? What is so "personal" about questioning motives behind such an esteemed poster promoting a show as the sole reason he's here?? Tell me I'm wrong.
You're wrong.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

dapokes wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
dapokes wrote:After seeing your lack of knowledge of the term "ACS" combined with your comment for Wyo to hire Bobby Petrino really makes me question your knowledge/fanhood of the University of Wyoming. Did you even attend or are you just from Wyoming? To me, I think you are just trying to get your radio show started and picked our fans as a platform to get it popular. Good try on the recovery...but any Wyoming fan who has even watched or listened to our game since Glenn (our former coach, in case you're lost) knows what "ACS" is since he signed w the pokes. Even closer fans to the program realize that "ACS" actually stood for Austyn Carta-Scrambles from his happy feet and inability to let a play develop during his soph slump. You have me questioning your sincerity to this program when I see crap like that. Petrino? The fact that you think he's a good fit just boggles my mind. I think you want a national all-around show.

:twocents: :willybs:

Have you not read anything about DINO? He has already said before he isn't from Wyoming. The pokes became his adopted favorite team after he lived out west in colorado. Now he lives in wyoming.
Let's just be some douchers some more to someone who wants to promote the program.
Hell I know so many people from wyoming that wouldn't know what ACS meant. And the fact you had to throw in your "what it really means is austyn carta-scrambles" is just... douchey.
Judging by your national radio show it sounds like Dino does a lot more for the team in terms of recognition than you do. What channel is your broadcast on? Oh wait, that's right...

I'll be a doucher to you if that's what you want. Let me guess, are you a Oregon State/Poke fan? What's with these hybrid, half-ass fans. I don't, nor have I EVER said I had a show. But when you can't tell me what "ACS" stands for and you start talking about the low-life Petrino...you're gonna get me pissed. You can go down under that moron category too. I can question the sincerity of someone trying to promote his own radio show...especially when he FREAKED THE HELL OUT on us when NOBODY tuned in. I was busy that night or I would've given him a shot. Since he doesn't get any calls to his radio show, maybe he should promote it a little better... might help if he doesn't freak out on EVERYONE on this board like a child. Beav, you should help him out there. Clearly I struck a nerve with you...and honestly...I could care less about hitting a soft spot with my 'douchey' rendition of what 'ACS' stood for when it was his nickname on campus for christ sake. I hit the panic button after Smith went down and it looks like I was right to do so. Keep making up poop and telling me my 'radio show' sucks. That's just..... douchey.
Know what's "douchey"? Someone calling out someone else when they've done nothing but promote their cause, whether it's 100% "altruistic" (altruism is for 12-year-old girls, by the way) or just creating a win-win situation.

Right now, as of this moment, you come across as a frustrated, whiny BYU* fan, and, quite honestly, I can't think of anything more "douchey" than a frustrated, whiny BYU* fan.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
dapokes
Ranch Hand

If that quote from his rant didn't bother you at all... You're spineless. Get real.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

So now I'm whiny BYU fan? 12yr old girl??

That's honestly what you have to say?

I love the depth of your insults. Where is Mr. T now to say no personal attacks? Comedy. If you don't like what I'm saying, I don't care.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

HONEST QUESTION: HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY ATTENDED UW??
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

This is officially the stupidest thread in the history of any Wyoming message board, going back to Slider's.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Lost Poke wrote:This is officially the stupidest thread in the history of any Wyoming message board, going back to Slider's.

LOL That's bad considering Slider's message board was around, what?, as far as the 1996 season. :rofl:

Speaking of whom, what ever happened to Slider? I know he retired from doing the board and Ian McMacklin took over but that it for my memory of it.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

dapokes wrote:HONEST QUESTION: HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY ATTENDED UW??
I was attending UW at an age when you were still being altruistic! :lol:

You made the whole thread a personal attack by calling out someone's support of the program. How you expect to derail a derailment, I have no idea.

Let me ask you this- did you attend UW because you love UW and Cowboy Athletics, or did you do it because you wanted to better yourself?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian wrote:
dapokes wrote:HONEST QUESTION: HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY ATTENDED UW??
Let me ask you this- did you attend UW because you love UW and Cowboy Athletics, or did you do it because you wanted to better yourself?

Ironic. You pose a philosophical question about motives. Eluding to lack of important of sports or athletics....yet you tell me nothing and you mean NOTHING pisses you off more than a "whiny BYU* fan"...by fan, you refer to their support towards BYU athletics. Please save it.

I enrolled and graduated from UW. 3rd generation Cowboy. I'm just posing my question, because there a lot of hybrid fans here where Wyoming is simply their adopted team or 2nd or 3rd favorite. I live and die with my Cowboys and I realize more from the positives that a good athletics department can do for an entire University for reasons you mentioned about kids just wanting to go somewhere with good sports. A successful and productive athletics depart pays huge dividends in the long run for schools and states. Look at boise. Terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE academics. People go there for the football. Also, you have West Virginia University. 12 yrs ago, they're almost nonexistent in sports and desire for out of state kids to attend...yet here we are after the success that program has had and elevated the entire University to a national relevance every single year. If nothing else, it sure would be great for UW Athletics to continue to elevate and to gain even a spark of interest from kids based on the sports...enough at least so they realize how awesome our academics are and the excitement of new developments on campus every single year. I take a lot of pride in this University and will never turn my back on it. I hate getting into spats with fellow alumni, but I'd rather hash it out with Alumni then those who I'm not sure are even firstly fans of the University.

Nothing pains me more than to see the pokes lose like this. I sometimes think that our fanbase is the most bipolar on the internet. Before the season, we're talking 10-11 wins and a MWC crown...overpumping our chests (also on the MWC board- I'm even guilty to a degree, other than telling CSU fans we're going to take 4 in a row on them)....then an injury to our best player and two BAD losses later...and we're calling for Christensen's head?? That is just too much. Do I have complete faith in this team to play the season w/out Smith? No. But I've gotta believe that Christensen is going to start pulling out all the stops to make the personnel/depth chart changes needed to compete in conference. I have no words for the way our defense has been playing after the inflated confidence Tormey gave fans after the Spring and Fall. At what point does getting pushed around game after game get to our boys? I have a feeling they are going to show some pride on saturday and get it done.

So there it is, I'm not insane. Just frustrated and questioning some motives of fans. Consider me still on the bandwagon of hope for this team. I know I hit the panic button, but I'm not leaving. I'll ride on this bandwagon until it crashes and burns. :thumb:
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

dapokes wrote:A successful and productive athletics depart pays huge dividends in the long run for schools and states. Look at boise. Terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE academics. People go there for the football. Also, you have West Virginia University. 12 yrs ago, they're almost nonexistent in sports and desire for out of state kids to attend...yet here we are after the success that program has had and elevated the entire University to a national relevance every single year. If nothing else, it sure would be great for UW Athletics to continue to elevate and to gain even a spark of interest from kids based on the sports...
So your solution to this is to bash one of the people who has the platform raise UW athletics in the scope of national relevance and is actively trying to do so? I'm not sure what your motives are, but you're contradicting yourself pretty badly here. Just because Dino isn't a 3rd generation Cowboys fan doesn't mean he isn't allowed to root for them. You're being elitist, and that is something the University of Wyoming is absolutely NOT about.

BTW, 2nd generation UW grad here, and damn proud of it. I, for one, welcome any and all who would like to support the Pokes!