Anyone watch Kamala Harris on the CBS Late Show tonight?

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

She has to be the dumbest candidate running for POTUS.

She stated on the show 50% of Americans can't handle a $400 emergency. I've heard that before and that is a different subject but I can't understand that either, at least for most families that are willing to work.

Harris went on to say tires wear out due to poor infrastructure like roads and a set of tires is about $400 (that would be the price of a medium priced set of tires) and hence families can't get to work. Implying that if we had great roads tires would never wear out. She said just connect the dots.

I have some news for that nutty woman. There is a very practical reason tires ultimately wear out. It's because the friction created between the tires and the surface the tires travel over time causes wear on the tires, hence ultimately causing the tires to deteriorate and having to be replaced at some point. We have some of the best roads in America in North Carolina and I have to replace tires quite frequently. I don't care if you ride on clouds, there is a certain amount of friction caused by the clouds although be it extremely small and the tires would ultimately have to be replaced. And to think that woman has a say in our policy making is quite scary to say the least. God help us if that woman were to be elected POTUS, with that kind of reasoning who knows what would happen.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

This is your beef? Maybe you don't like her policy or thoughts on foreign politics, but her views on tires is what has you all twisted up? Sounds like you had your mind made up before you watched the show.

Besides, she is far from the "dumbest candidate running for POTUS"
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:26 am This is your beef? Maybe you don't like her policy or thoughts on foreign politics, but her views on tires is what has you all twisted up? Sounds like you had your mind made up before you watched the show.

Besides, she is far from the "dumbest candidate running for POTUS"
Well she needs a simple lesson in physics and what makes tires wear out. If Harris is not the dumbest candidate running I sure hate to see who it is.

BTW, I wasn't watching her because I wanted to, it was because I was at a friend's house and couldn't change the channel. Afterwards they said they weren't watching her either, the show just happened to be on when we arrived at their house.

The Dow rose more this June than any other June since 1938. I'll take that over anything Harris has to offer.

Harris nor any of the other Dems mentioned one thing about how we are going to take care of our vets. All they were interested in were free everything for the illegal immigrants.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:50 pm All they were interested in were free everything for the illegal immigrants.
There are going to be a lot of empty promises this time around if things go that way.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:46 pm She has to be the dumbest candidate running for POTUS.

She stated on the show 50% of Americans can't handle a $400 emergency. I've heard that before and that is a different subject but I can't understand that either, at least for most families that are willing to work.
Oh joy. This "gem" of a comment.
"Well, they should just work!"
Problem is, they do. But with rising prices in, everything, and pay raises failing to match, its a struggle for many families just to get the basics.
Harris went on to say tires wear out due to poor infrastructure like roads and a set of tires is about $400 (that would be the price of a medium priced set of tires) and hence families can't get to work. Implying that if we had great roads tires would never wear out. She said just connect the dots.
She's not wrong that infrastructure is in poor condition and needs to badly be fixed and maintained. And having roads in better condition, and not just on certain streets, would certainly allow tires to last longer as opposed to driving over potholes and sink holes on a daily basis.
I have some news for that nutty woman. There is a very practical reason tires ultimately wear out. It's because the friction created between the tires and the surface the tires travel over time causes wear on the tires, hence ultimately causing the tires to deteriorate and having to be replaced at some point. We have some of the best roads in America in North Carolina and I have to replace tires quite frequently. I don't care if you ride on clouds, there is a certain amount of friction caused by the clouds although be it extremely small and the tires would ultimately have to be replaced. And to think that woman has a say in our policy making is quite scary to say the least. God help us if that woman were to be elected POTUS, with that kind of reasoning who knows what would happen.
Yeah, God forbid we elect someone that actually has a plan to improve the country's infrastructure. As opposed to someone that won't sign a bill for infrastructure while demanding millions to parade military power like some 3rd world dictator.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:04 pm
CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:46 pm She has to be the dumbest candidate running for POTUS.

Oh joy. This "gem" of a comment.
"Well, they should just work!"
Problem is, they do. But with rising prices in, everything, and pay raises failing to match, its a struggle for many families just to get the basics.
She's not wrong that infrastructure is in poor condition and needs to badly be fixed and maintained. And having roads in better condition, and not just on certain streets, would certainly allow tires to last longer as opposed to driving over potholes and sink holes on a daily basis.
Yeah, God forbid we elect someone that actually has a plan to improve the country's infrastructure. As opposed to someone that won't sign a bill for infrastructure while demanding millions to parade military power like some 3rd world dictator.
Not a thing wrong with working two jobs- been there done that. And if there are two spouses in the family let both work.

The military parade to me and vets was just fine. The money it cost for that parade was nothing compared to money wasted everyday in Washington.

She had no plan to improve infrastructure she was just saying that it needed to be improved. Just like all Democrats she is good at pointing out things that are wrong but has no plan on how to fix them.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:28 pm
Not a thing wrong with working two jobs- been there done that. And if there are two spouses in the family let both work.

The military parade to me and vets was just fine. The money it cost for that parade was nothing compared to money wasted everyday in Washington.

She had no plan to improve infrastructure she was just saying that it needed to be improved. Just like all Democrats she is good at pointing out things that are wrong but has no plan on how to fix them.
I don't know if I've ever read something that screams 'privileged' more than the bolded sentence. You act as if 2 jobs will solve everything. These are people that work 2 or 3 jobs just to break even, an unexpected $400 bill would be unpayable.

If you honestly want to see plans from these candidates, maybe wait until there's not 20+ candidates trying to get a few sound bites in let alone trying to establish firm policy points.

Also, since im sure you've been dying to know, the dumbest candidate wasn't in either debate.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 pm
CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:28 pm

I don't know if I've ever read something that screams 'privileged' more than the bolded sentence. You act as if 2 jobs will solve everything. These are people that work 2 or 3 jobs just to break even, an unexpected $400 bill would be unpayable.

If you honestly want to see plans from these candidates, maybe wait until there's not 20+ candidates trying to get a few sound bites in let alone trying to establish firm policy points.

Also, since im sure you've been dying to know, the dumbest candidate wasn't in either debate.
If you're referring to Trump you are more out of touch than Harris. Trump was elected POTUS and has done a fantastic job ever since. Look at the things he has accomplished with the entire main stream press against him. There is not a Dem out there that can beat President Donald J Trump in 2020. Do you actually think that the American People or at least the majority of Americans are going to vote for any candidate that supports free health care for illegal immigrates and we have military veterans sleeping on the street.

I know plenty of people that work hard and can make ends meet and handle a $400 emergency. In the area I live there is a "job boom", playing a lot more than minimum wage and have good benefits. GE is expanding two of it plants in WNC and adding a lot of new jobs. Where I live if someone can't go out a get a job making at least livable wages they don't have much on the ball.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:26 am
If you're referring to Trump you are more out of touch than Harris. Trump was elected POTUS and has done a fantastic job ever since. Look at the things he has accomplished with the entire main stream press against him. There is not a Dem out there that can beat President Donald J Trump in 2020. Do you actually think that the American People or at least the majority of Americans are going to vote for any candidate that supports free health care for illegal immigrates and we have military veterans sleeping on the street.

I know plenty of people that work hard and can make ends meet and handle a $400 emergency. In the area I live there is a "job boom", playing a lot more than minimum wage and have good benefits. GE is expanding two of it plants in WNC and adding a lot of new jobs. Where I live if someone can't go out a get a job making at least livable wages they don't have much on the ball.
All comments on Trump aside, your inability to think of anyone outside of your own personal bubble is troubling.

"I know plenty of people that...[can] handle a $400 emergency"...cool, and I know of plenty of people that think the earth is flat; it doesn't mean that's the norm.

Just because things are going great in your area, doesn't mean it's that way everywhere. If so, why don't some of those "military veterans sleeping on the street" just move to your town and get some of these great jobs you speak of.

Your naivete is troubling, but also an example of the mindset throughout a (sadly) large portion of the country today.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Yeah, gunslinger, you just aren't woke enough. I mean, didn't you go to a liberal arts college to become enlightened like everyone else?

At least now I'm woke after reading this thread. Now I know how backwards and redneck my thinking has been this whole time...... So glad I could come here and learn that half the people in this country are too naive (oh, or do I mean dumb?) to understand anything that is going on in the world.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

'PokeForLife wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:52 pm Yeah, gunslinger, you just aren't woke enough. I mean, didn't you go to a liberal arts college to become enlightened like everyone else?

At least now I'm woke after reading this thread. Now I know how backwards and redneck my thinking has been this whole time...... So glad I could come here and learn that half the people in this country are too naive (oh, or do I mean dumb?) to understand anything that is going on in the world.
Believe it or not, my comment wasn't targeted at one specific party or group. It simply applies to anyone that thinks that they (or their "side") have all the answers and anyone that thinks different is "dumb".

I don't know if those qualifications apply to you or not, but if so...unfortunate.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

No way. I ain't got no time to waste on her. She is controlled and has a script anyway. Puppet.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Once Letterman retired have maybe watched 30 total minutes of that ass Colbert, not worth my time, energy or effort
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:31 pm Once Letterman retired have maybe watched 30 total minutes of that ass Colbert, not worth my time, energy or effort
Just my $0.02 here but after Carson retired in early 1992, late night TV went to hell in a handbasket. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Wyokie wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:18 pm Just my $0.02 here but after Carson retired in early 1992, late night TV went to hell in a handbasket. :roll:
Much like your opinion on uniforms. Apparently anything after the early 90's is hot garbage :lol:
(I kid. You're alright in my book, Wyokie)
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:32 pm
Wyokie wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:18 pm Just my $0.02 here but after Carson retired in early 1992, late night TV went to hell in a handbasket. :roll:
Much like your opinion on uniforms. Apparently anything after the early 90's is hot garbage :lol:
(I kid. You're alright in my book, Wyokie)
Thanks. LOL Just don't get me started on today's music scene. Holy... :roll: I can put up with some of Taylor Swift's stuff but otherwise.... :puke:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!