On the Hook

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Alright. I hope this is a topic where our opinions can align.

I first saw this light blue beauty of a food truck sitting down our Main Street here in Longmont after one of my son's baseball games a few years ago. My wife doesn't have a lot of flaws, but she can't stand seafood, so since it was just me and my son in the car, I figured we'd try it out.

The dude in the window of the truck was a UW dude with a Pokes hat, so naturally we started talking. Then I noticed them creating the batter fresh and pouring the beer in, rather than having something premade and ready to go... fresh, baby!

We get the fish, and the dipping sauce... and it's freaking awesome. Best fish n' chips I've ever had. I wouldn't say I'm an expert on the whole fish n' chips thing, nor is my palate hugely refined, but I have had proper fish n' chips in the UK on multiple occasions. The fact a couple of Wyoming dudes have made the dish even better is mindblowing.

Anybody else love this truck?
https://onthehookfishandchips.com/
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Yeah its super good. They hang out in the murdock's parking lot every once in a while when I'm back home in Laramie. They've got trucks spread out all across the front range now and I even passed one going the opposite way through Shirley Basin toward Casper one day while I was driving back south.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I love On the Hook. I know the owners make a lot of $$$$ too
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Definitely one of the best food trucks in the area
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I found them uninspiring. The wing it truck is where it’s at.
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Meh.

Just not much into fish, personally. I can deal with fish fillets, but that's about my limit.