I really hate the new era of corps and sports...

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Throwing their hat into the political arena to this level. I can't stand debating whether I should buy a product or watch an event based on the politics. I doubt it ever goes away but I wish it would. From My Pillow to MLB; why in the hell does politics have to be in everything?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:06 am Throwing their hat into the political arena to this level. I can't stand debating whether I should buy a product or watch an event based on the politics. I doubt it ever goes away but I wish it would. From My Pillow to MLB; why in the hell does politics have to be in everything?
Here's the thing about what you said above; you don't have to care. MLB moving the All-Star game out of Atlanta doesn't affect me in any way shape or form. Mike Lindell's political views are of no concern to me. Stop letting things get you riled up and life will be a hell of a lot easier. :thumb:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I suppose that's one way to look at it. The other is that you have 2 voices: your vote and your wallet. Supporting businesses, people, sports, etc. that in turn support things you adamantly oppose, is, well ridiculous.

I as a consumer didn't make it about politics. They did. If I strongly disagree with their political views/endorsements, it doesn't make sense to support them. They use that support/platform to advance agendas I don't agree with which leads to legislation I don't agree with.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

The problem is, for a national organization like the MLB, everything is political whether they like it or not. Not moving the All-Star game would have been perceived as just as much of a political gesture as moving it turned out to be.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:41 pm The problem is, for a national organization like the MLB, everything is political whether they like it or not. Not moving the All-Star game would have been perceived as just as much of a political gesture as moving it turned out to be.
Translation...MLB was screwed no matter what regarding the All-Star game. Sadly this mess could be the tip of the iceberg that's going to hit MLB like the infamous one that sunk the Titanic in 1912. The current CBA between the players and the owners expires after this season. And both groups royally hate each others guts. Think the Democrats vs. Trump but only 100Xs worse!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyokie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:41 pm The problem is, for a national organization like the MLB, everything is political whether they like it or not. Not moving the All-Star game would have been perceived as just as much of a political gesture as moving it turned out to be.
Translation...MLB was screwed no matter what regarding the All-Star game. Sadly this mess could be the tip of the iceberg that's going to hit MLB like the infamous one that sunk the Titanic in 1912. The current CBA between the players and the owners expires after this season. And both groups royally hate each others guts. Think the Democrats vs. Trump but only 100Xs worse!!! :roll:
Agreed. Both sides feel like they made major concessions last year with the shortened season and so will in turn be expecting to get most of their demands with the new CBA. All that means, a big stalemate on the horizon. Problem is that everyone in baseball thinks the sport is untouchable, that a strike/lockout won't hurt the game long-term. But I think most of the rest of the world knows that isn't the case by any stretch. If millionaires and billionaires are bitching at each other over who gets more, just months after the downslide of a year+ long global pandemic, most people are going to give both sides the middle finger. A significant loss in games played due to that could hurt the sports for years, if not permanently.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:50 pm
Wyokie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 pm
Agreed. Both sides feel like they made major concessions last year with the shortened season and so will in turn be expecting to get most of their demands with the new CBA. All that means, a big stalemate on the horizon. Problem is that everyone in baseball thinks the sport is untouchable, that a strike/lockout won't hurt the game long-term. But I think most of the rest of the world knows that isn't the case by any stretch. If millionaires and billionaires are bitching at each other over who gets more, just months after the downslide of a year+ long global pandemic, most people are going to give both sides the Joe Glenn. A significant loss in games played due to that could hurt the sports for years, if not permanently.
Fixed it for ya. :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

The real problem is that people and orgs are spineless and somehow think 100 people tweeting them online is the will of the people. mlb should have done nothing because casual fans wouldn’t give a poop if they moved. Once again, the corrupt media is to blame and our drooling vegetable of a president amplified retarded leftist talking points that it was “Jim crow on steroids”. Holy hyperbole, batman! Even a majority of minorities are in favor of voter id but the media out there stoking the less sophisticated into believing that Jim Crow has literally returned in the form of *checks notes* verifying that you are who you say you are and from where you are from before voting. You can tell which wankers here on this board watch too much corporate media as they regurgitate their drivel.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

laxwyo wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:13 pm The real problem is that people and orgs are spineless and somehow think 100 people tweeting them online is the will of the people. mlb should have done nothing because casual fans wouldn’t give a poop if they moved. Once again, the corrupt media is to blame and our drooling vegetable of a president amplified retarded leftist talking points that it was “Jim crow on steroids”. Holy hyperbole, batman! Even a majority of minorities are in favor of voter id but the media out there stoking the less sophisticated into believing that Jim Crow has literally returned in the form of *checks notes* verifying that you are who you say you are and from where you are from before voting. You can tell which wankers here on this board watch too much corporate media as they regurgitate their drivel.
Excellent post. It's also why I don't watch T.V. anymore except for the Super Bowl and the obvious....Wyoming games (football and basketball).

Too many idiots running around acting like sheep or chickens without their damned heads attached.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I don't watch much MLB, but now definitely won't watch any. The georgia voting law is less restrictive than some other states' in many ways. But it's Jim Crowe!!!! They want to put you back in chains! what a crock. All it did was piss people off. Now they are moving the game out of a city where it is 60% black to a city that is what? 8% black to teach some big, mean white people a lesson. The game's economic impact was said to be in the 10 of millions... somehow. But, as always, the woke lib crowd screws over minorities and less economically advantaged when they try to help.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:53 am I don't watch much MLB, but now definitely won't watch any. The georgia voting law is less restrictive than some other states' in many ways. But it's Jim Crowe!!!! They want to put you back in chains! what a crock. All it did was piss people off. Now they are moving the game out of a city where it is 60% black to a city that is what? 8% black to teach some big, mean white people a lesson. The game's economic impact was said to be in the 10 of millions... somehow. But, as always, the woke lib crowd screws over minorities and less economically advantaged when they try to help.
The problem is, is that is was made on a lie. A hoax. A bamboozle. It shouldn't exist in the first place. Even after that, there are a number of worrying parts in it; like expansions of the state legislature’s power over election administration.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:58 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:53 am I don't watch much MLB, but now definitely won't watch any. The georgia voting law is less restrictive than some other states' in many ways. But it's Jim Crowe!!!! They want to put you back in chains! what a crock. All it did was piss people off. Now they are moving the game out of a city where it is 60% black to a city that is what? 8% black to teach some big, mean white people a lesson. The game's economic impact was said to be in the 10 of millions... somehow. But, as always, the woke lib crowd screws over minorities and less economically advantaged when they try to help.
The problem is, is that is was made on a lie. A hoax. A bamboozle. It shouldn't exist in the first place. Even after that, there are a number of worrying parts in it; like expansions of the state legislature’s power over election administration.
I mean... Article I, Section 4, Clause 1 of the US constitution says this:

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators."

It seems that this is exactly what is in the legislature's purview. The law expands voting access while also providing more security. You read the things found in this law and tell people that it is a bill proposed in opposition to the racist new georgia voting law and everyone says "yeah! That would be way better than what was already passed."
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:58 pm The problem is, is that is was made on a lie. A hoax. A bamboozle. It shouldn't exist in the first place. Even after that, there are a number of worrying parts in it; like expansions of the state legislature’s power over election administration.
I think this is what people miss. The ban on giving food/water to people standing in lines for hours to vote (which, ask yourself what kind of coincidences set those long lines up in the first place) is honestly not where the meat of the law is. Who cares? You can bring those things yourself if you really need to vote. Not to mention, giving people in line to vote seems an awful lot like bribery, even though yes, there freaking shouldn't be lines that last for hours.

HOWEVER, the ability to insert a PARTISAN commission over local election offices with the power to overturn election results? Could anybody please tell me how you can support this?

They're also reducing the number of ballot drop boxes in the most populous counties - the top four counties population-wise goes from 94 drop boxes to 23 combined. Meanwhile, low population counties are not seeing a reduction at all since the limit is based upon population size, and counties under 100,000 registered voters are not affected. Coincidence again?

When you cling to preventing people's votes from counting in order to win, you can no longer call yourself a patriot.

We seriously need a new conservative party, without the baggage of the GOP. Where liberals like myself and John Kasich can hide out. Hell, we'd find a spot for Romney too.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:52 pmThe law expands voting access while also providing more security.
How does removing ballot boxes from populous areas and shortening the absentee registration period expand voting access?

I'm certainly not against requiring an ID for voting, but if you do, there also needs to be an expansion of the options for acquiring free forms of valid IDs, otherwise the only thing it's going to do is completely screw over those who cannot afford to take time off during the day and find a ride to whatever DMV is available, after paying whatever it costs to get a copy of their birth certificate. As IDs are required for all sorts of things, why not just solve that at the same time?

In-person voter fraud is a relatively minor problem, because thankfully, you go to prison when you're caught. It turns out that the whole "one person, one vote" solves a lot of problems in discovering when somebody tries to do this. :)
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:06 am Throwing their hat into the political arena to this level. I can't stand debating whether I should buy a product or watch an event based on the politics. I doubt it ever goes away but I wish it would. From My Pillow to MLB; why in the hell does politics have to be in everything?
I know how you feel, those are my thoughts, too, That's why I'm getting more into non -spectator sports just as hiking, sight seeing, especially traveling the beautiful state of Wyoming. I'm planning on driving the Wyoming Sweet Hwy 16 this year. I love your state and can't get enough of vacating in the Equality State.