Is inflation going to send us into depression?

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Anyone else not believing that this inflation is temporary or that the fed has it under control?

In my opinion, you better buckle up. I don't think inflation is temporary and is a runaway train. I think the Fed's hands are tied and can't raise interst because of valuations and servicing our dept.

I'm truly worried this is going to get out of hand. I hope I'm wrong and the worry is for nothing.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:55 pm Anyone else not believing that this inflation is temporary or that the fed has it under control?

In my opinion, you better buckle up. I don't think inflation is temporary and is a runaway train. I think the Fed's hands are tied and can't raise interst because of valuations and servicing our dept.

I'm truly worried this is going to get out of hand. I hope I'm wrong and the worry is for nothing.
I'm very much concerned about inflation. In fact, I'm trying to figure out where to put my money right now or at the portion I have in cash.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Well, we all knew we were f-word when Biden was “elected”
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:12 am Well, we all knew we were f-word when Biden was “elected”
Yep! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Good topic for discussion.

There are so many "issues" right now - that have no answers (just speculation) that it is truly concerning.

Since when did we as a (pick one: culture, people, nation, community) start to accept "trillions" being the norm for governmental spending? Ridiculous. A few billion here and there, oh well...we can just tax the living poop out of people to make it all up.

Things are lining up for a collapse, and I hope I am drastically wrong. Just a few of those things: Commercial real estate, building materials and construction costs, mortgage rates (and soon to come - foreclosures), trucking and interstate commerce cost increases, minimum wages at levels that small businesses can't raise prices fast enough, import / export pissing matches, and worst of all - the f-word uneducated and black-cloud media will be driving the bus again - just like covid.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:24 pm Good topic for discussion.

There are so many "issues" right now - that have no answers (just speculation) that it is truly concerning.

Since when did we as a (pick one: culture, people, nation, community) start to accept "trillions" being the norm for governmental spending? Ridiculous. A few billion here and there, oh well...we can just tax the living Sh#t out of people to make it all up.

Things are lining up for a collapse, and I hope I am drastically wrong. Just a few of those things: Commercial real estate, building materials and construction costs, mortgage rates (and soon to come - foreclosures), trucking and interstate commerce cost increases, minimum wages at levels that small businesses can't raise prices fast enough, import / export pissing matches, and worst of all - the f##k[#] uneducated and black-cloud media will be driving the bus again - just like covid.
I'm also worried about a major collapse. Our current fiscal policy (not just Biden but the recent trend by the Fed) is based purely on academics. It has never been implemented in the real world. The valuation of companies is fine as long as interest is near 0 but can you keep interest near 0 with inflation running rampant? If you raise interest, the valuation of companies tanks and we are in a major financial crisis for all things dependent on Wall Street (401ks anyone?).

Add in the fact that it is looking more and more like COVID was engineered and we may have been in bed with China on it. Holy crap. The fallout from this could be catastrophic.

For the first time in my life, I'm fearful that something major is about to happen. Something that we can't imagine. Things just don't feel right.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:16 am
Add in the fact that it is looking more and more like COVID was engineered and we may have been in bed with China on it. Holy crap. The fallout from this could be catastrophic.
My concern about this is that if the absolute facts comes out that China did, in fact, create the COVID virus and Joe Biden's own son had his fingerprints in it to make sue his daddy win the election in any way possible, all hell will break loose.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:09 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:16 am
My concern about this is that if the absolute facts comes out that China did, in fact, create the COVID virus and Joe Biden's own son had his fingerprints in it to make sue his daddy win the election in any way possible, all hell will break loose.
I'm not sure I'm all the way in the "virus was released to get Trump camp", but I'm definitely in the "COVID was created in the Wuhan lab and leaked out" camp. The motivation behind the leak? If it was bioterrorism for any reason (China, Biden, whatever), I agree. All hell will break loose. If it was sloppy protocols, all hell might break loose anyway. The liability alone is astounding.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

So we're going to ignore the science and go with crazy conspiracy theories instead? Cool...

Covid science
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:29 pm So we're going to ignore the science and go with crazy conspiracy theories instead? Cool...

Covid science

I don't trust Forbes, anymore than I trust any other media outlet. Just sayin'

:shock:
Dear Karma,

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

McPeachy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:45 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:29 pm So we're going to ignore the science and go with crazy conspiracy theories instead? Cool...

Covid science

Me neither. :roll:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:30 pm

Covid science

Whatchu eye rollin' me for boi?
Dear Karma,

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

McPeachy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:07 pm
Wyokie wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:30 pm

Covid science

Whatchu eye rollin' me for boi?
My eye roll is at the damned media whom I don't trust.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Covid science
Actually, I'll see if I can go back and find it but there was an excellent research article that modeled several viruses and highlighted that viruses just don't jump species and run. They typically struggle a few years then run.

There is also another article coming out that claims to have found the footprint associated with engineering.

China won't release blood samples or data from the Wuhan lab workers who were sick with COVID like symptoms.

The problem in this case is that science has motivation for coverup. The liberal media also has egg on their face if lab theory proves to be true so they also have motivation to suppress the real information until they can't.

The lab just happened to be doing gain of function studies on bat coronavires and coincidentally a bat coronavirus outbreak occurs a few miles from the lab? Yeah, sounds real like a real conspiracy theory to question the lab.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:50 am

Covid science
The lab just happened to be doing gain of function studies on bat coronavires and coincidentally a bat coronavirus outbreak occurs a few miles from the lab? Yeah, sounds real like a real conspiracy theory to question the lab.
I'm not denying the possibility of a natural leak of the virus. The conspiracy theory I'm doubting is that the virus was engineered and then released intentionally.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:20 pm

Covid science
I'm not denying the possibility of a natural leak of the virus. The conspiracy theory I'm doubting is that the virus was engineered and then released intentionally.
The consensus now that Trump isn’t saying it is that it did come from a lab. You can’t possibly imagine it being done on purpose? Ok. Lol It’s so f-word funny to see people scream “conspiracy theorists” only to be proven wrong time after time.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:27 pm

Covid science
The consensus now that Trump isn’t saying it is that it did come from a lab. You can’t possibly imagine it being done on purpose? Ok. Lol It’s so f##k[#] funny to see people scream “conspiracy theorists” only to be proven wrong time after time.
I'm curious what conspiracy theories people have screamed about that have turned out to be true?
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:36 am
laxwyo wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:27 pm

Covid science
The consensus now that Trump isn’t saying it is that it did come from a lab. You can’t possibly imagine it being done on purpose? Ok. Lol It’s so f##k[#] funny to see people scream “conspiracy theorists” only to be proven wrong time after time.
I'm curious what conspiracy theories people have screamed about that have turned out to be true?
Government bureaucrats and major media sources covered up the possibility of a pandemic causing virus being released from a lab?

A presidential candidate's son's dirty laundry and said candidate's possible connections to it being censored and covered up until the election was over?

Both true and admitted to by the media outlets themselves.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

'PokeForLife wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:24 pm
Government bureaucrats and major media sources covered up the possibility of a pandemic causing virus being released from a lab?

A presidential candidate's son's dirty laundry and said candidate's possible connections to it being censored and covered up until the election was over?

Hmm... interesting. The first one I'll concede but I wouldn't say it was covered up, more dismissed as unlikely at the time.

The second one is still conspiracy theory as far as I'm aware. Not sure if you're referring to the whole laptop thing, but that was laughably false and a very poor attempt to create something out of nothing. However, I'd certainly be opening to reading anything to the contrary. Even so, if we're voting on a candidate based on their children's dirty laundry, neither candidate would have been elected.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:54 pm
'PokeForLife wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:24 pm

Hmm... interesting. The first one I'll concede but I wouldn't say it was covered up, more dismissed as unlikely at the time.

The second one is still conspiracy theory as far as I'm aware. Not sure if you're referring to the whole laptop thing, but that was laughably false and a very poor attempt to create something out of nothing. However, I'd certainly be opening to reading anything to the contrary. Even so, if we're voting on a candidate based on their children's dirty laundry, neither candidate would have been elected.
I don't know how far all of it has been investigated. But my point was less about Hunter's transgressions than about papa Joe's possible involvement in it all. In the same vein, things about Trumps kids are one thing, but it's their father's involvement in any of it that we would really care about. I think it's safe to say that there has never been an attempt by news outlets to cover up or quash any of his potential involvement in any of that stuff.