While I'm no Liz Cheney fan...

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

She's at least better than the guy that has no problem about knocking up a 14 year old when he was 18.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cheney-prima ... 44407.html
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Knocked her up when she was 14
Married her when she was 15
Divorced her when she was 18
She killed herself when she was 20

Bouchard says that he is "almost estranged" from his son. Family values, ladies and gentlemen...
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:05 pm Knocked her up when she was 14

Bouchard says that he is "almost estranged" from his son.
Not good, and would never want my son to do these things.
WYO1016 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:05 pm
This shows that he has at least some character and is accountable and owns his mistakes. Something that we need more of in the government. I haven't taken all the time I need to know him well enough, but at least he didn't try to get her to have an abortion or just desert her to deal with it herself.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:19 am This shows that he has at least some character and is accountable and owns his mistakes. Something that we need more of in the government. I haven't taken all the time I need to know him well enough, but at least he didn't try to get her to have an abortion or just desert her to deal with it herself.
Marrying someone because you knocked them up doesn't show character, especially if you divorce her 3 years later. I feel like it's a safe assumption that he married her because they didn't want an abortion and they didn't want a child out of wedlock because of religious reasons. He did conveniently ignore his religion when he was tired of her, though.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

'PokeForLife wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:19 am
WYO1016 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:05 pm Knocked her up when she was 14

Bouchard says that he is "almost estranged" from his son.
Not good, and would never want my son to do these things.
WYO1016 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:05 pm
This shows that he has at least some character and is accountable and owns his mistakes. Something that we need more of in the government. I haven't taken all the time I need to know him well enough, but at least he didn't try to get her to have an abortion or just desert her to deal with it herself.
"Accountable" is not the word I was thinking of. Probably either religious reasons, as was said, or did it to save face. And the fact it lasted all of 3 years, with her killing herself 2 years after, rather cements that.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Hahahaha, save face?? That's pretty weak. The guy was 19. He wasn't saving face.

To me, religious reasons and accountability is actually very closely intertwined. So call it what you will, he was still trying to take some responsibility.

I guess you guys would have rather him left her to try to raise a kid on her own? That's an important source of a lot of the class division in the country, imo. Too many kids growing up with punk, loser fathers who don't stick around.
He divorced her later, which as I said above, wasn't good. Her suicide can't be blamed on him.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:39 am Hahahaha, save face?? That's pretty weak. The guy was 19. He wasn't saving face.

To me, religious reasons and accountability is actually very closely intertwined. So call it what you will, he was still trying to take some responsibility.

I guess you guys would have rather him left her to try to raise a kid on her own? That's an important source of a lot of the class division in the country, imo. Too many kids growing up with punk, loser fathers who don't stick around.
He divorced her later, which as I said above, wasn't good. Her suicide can't be blamed on him.
He pretty much did. As last I checked, being 3 years old is a good distance from 18. And in his own words, he barely knows who the kid is. Which, as you describe it just a couple sentences later, makes him one of those very "punk, loser fathers who don't stick around."

Am I blaming the suicide on him? No. We don't know the details behind it. Though considering his own statements regarding his known actions related to this, well, let's just say him being a role model is the least of the concerns about this guy.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:03 am
'PokeForLife wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:19 am This shows that he has at least some character and is accountable and owns his mistakes. Something that we need more of in the government. I haven't taken all the time I need to know him well enough, but at least he didn't try to get her to have an abortion or just desert her to deal with it herself.
Marrying someone because you knocked them up doesn't show character, especially if you divorce her 3 years later. I feel like it's a safe assumption that he married her because they didn't want an abortion and they didn't want a child out of wedlock because of religious reasons. He did conveniently ignore his religion when he was tired of her, though.
Yes it does. wtf are you talking about. It shows that you had a part in the making of the child, are accepting responsibility and that you are making a legal, moral, emotional and financial commitment to the mother of your child.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:09 am
WYO1016 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:03 am
Yes it does. wtf are you talking about. It shows that you had a part in the making of the child, are accepting responsibility and that you are making a legal, moral, emotional and financial commitment to the mother of your child.
Gotta agree with 1016 here. You don't marry someone just because you knocked them up, this isn't the 1950s anymore. Showing character would be being present and providing for the child and mother, none of which requires marriage.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Being part of a murderous war mongering crime syndicate is 100x worse than barely being 18 and knocking up a 14 yr old. That’s just me. We should never vote for lawyers or someone from the political class
W-Y, Until I Die!