Supply chains, food shortages, inflation, etc.

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Adding to the thread below about inflation, but is the global economy about to shatter? Biden has not and will not help the US; I believe he's exacerbating the problem (not really him but whoever is calling the shots and speaking in his ear piece). Make no mistake, these large global issues started long before him. It seems to have started with Regan or perhaps Clinton and Bush II accelerated it. Obama followed along and god knows what Trump was doing (I know the right is convinced he was riding in with saber overhead to finally clean things up but I'm not convinced of that). Biden's handlers are simply an extension of Clinton, Bush II, and Obama with a more ultra liberal approach to domestic issues.

Let's use auto manufacturing as an example. Currently they are making money as a result of shortages and vehicle demand. However, they are also cranking out vehicles with no computer chips and may task car lots around the country to hold these vehicles until the computer chip shortage is over. Fast forward a year or two and they are still making new vehicles, now have chips (hopefully), and a glut of new cars and new "old" cars that just got chips. The result? A crash in value especially if interest rates are high.

Our stupid governments around the world are creating legislative barriers to transport in the name of COVID. Think about that. They are making mandate after mandate to the point that the global supply chain is about to implode. These same governments, including Biden, are also supporting open borders. People crossing borders illegally are fine regardless of testing or vaccination status yet the people supporting global trade are treated like biological specimens who must be contained in BSL3 conditions.

Truly Twilight Zone poop and I can't believe people are supportive of this nonsense.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Dems are going to get slaughtered in 2022.

But, yeah, supply chain issues are real. Appliances are through the roof!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:57 am Dems are going to get slaughtered in 2022.

If you are in the market for a new vehicle, hold steady. The signs are there for a collapse in auto values maybe to levels never seen before. It will be interesting to see if they can even survive. I can't remember the city I was in (in TX) but there was a field next to a car lot. Acres and acres of nearly identical cars and trucks. I presume those were some of the "chipless vehicles". I just don't see how it could be anything but ugly (for them) when those chickens come home to roost.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:21 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:57 am Dems are going to get slaughtered in 2022.

If you are in the market for a new vehicle, hold steady. The signs are there for a collapse in auto values maybe to levels never seen before. It will be interesting to see if they can even survive. I can't remember the city I was in (in TX) but there was a field next to a car lot. Acres and acres of nearly identical cars and trucks. I presume those were some of the "chipless vehicles". I just don't see how it could be anything but ugly (for them) when those chickens come home to roost.
I'm in the market for a pickup and have been appalled at the prices lately. If what you are saying is true, good news for me.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:29 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:21 am

I'm in the market for a pickup and have been appalled at the prices lately. If what you are saying is true, good news for me.
Same boat. I'm not sure trucks will be as impacted, but I'm holding out/saving to see. Either way, my down payment will be better.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

You would have thought the burning down of cities would have been enough for them to lose in 2020 but I think the liberal Democrat types are a lost cause. We need to Balkanize. There’s no reason I should have to live under the same thumb as someone in LA or NYC. If they hadn’t shifted so much power to the feds, this country could survive but the power is going one way and that power is being concentrated into the executive instead of the legislative branch.

I’m wanting the new 22’ tundra trd pro but it’s going to be some kind of rat race to get one of those as well. Dealer says we won’t even be able to order one. They’ll get what they get. It’ll be a poop show for sure
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:37 am We need to Balkanize. There’s no reason I should have to live under the same thumb as someone in LA or NYC.
This is the absolute dumbest buzzword making the rounds right now. I haven't got a clue why people think that splitting the country into MORE partisan factions would be a good idea. Let's say we do "Balkanize" (which is just another term for secession). Here are some of the things that we'd lose:

Social Security
Medicare/Medicaid
Highway Funding
Federal insurance programs (crop, flood, PRF, etc...)
Student loan programs
BLM programs
National Park/Monument/Forest support
Law enforcement grants
Food stamps (SNAP)
School lunch programs
Education grants
Headstart
Community development grants

That's not to mention that we don't have a damn thing worth exporting that can't be obtained from other sources. Trona? Oil? Coal? Natural gas? Crops? Livestock? That can all be found elsewhere in places that haven't actively said "f-word you" to the country that they left and that country's allies.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, the solution here isn't to take your ball and go home.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:19 am
laxwyo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:37 am We need to Balkanize. There’s no reason I should have to live under the same thumb as someone in LA or NYC.
This is the absolute dumbest buzzword making the rounds right now. I haven't got a clue why people think that splitting the country into MORE partisan factions would be a good idea. Let's say we do "Balkanize" (which is just another term for secession). Here are some of the things that we'd lose:

Social Security
Medicare/Medicaid
Highway Funding
Student loan programs
BLM programs
Law enforcement grants
Food stamps (SNAP)
School lunch programs
Education grants
Headstart

That's not to mention that we don't have a damn thing worth exporting that can't be obtained from other sources. Trona? Oil? Coal? Natural gas? Crops? Livestock? That can all be found elsewhere in places that haven't actively said "[#]f##k you" to the country that they left and that country's allies.

Not as dumb as this ever increasing centralization of power and diminishing states' rights.

The federal government and spending needs hog tied. The propaganda and divisiveness of the Democratic playbook is straight from Hugo Chavez. Create race and economic class warfare.

Return power to the states and let states determine how they would like to manage themselves. Globalization was and is a stupid idea. COVID exposed that. If the federal government maintains their current course, the country is doomed. 3.5 trillion via budget reconciliation is asinine.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:19 am

Social Security
Medicare/Medicaid
Highway Funding
Student loan programs
BLM programs
Law enforcement grants
Food stamps (SNAP)
School lunch programs
Education grants
Headstart

That's not to mention that we don't have a damn thing worth exporting that can't be obtained from other sources. Trona? Oil? Coal? Natural gas? Crops? Livestock? That can all be found elsewhere in places that haven't actively said "f-word you" to the country that they left and that country's allies.

You didn’t actually think I want Wyoming to secede on our own, did you? If counties were allowed to choose, the whole county minus the big cities would leave.

Ok. So you want bloodshed. I get it because you’re an authoritarian and unamerican. Balkanization is absurd but doing away with electoral college, adding Supreme Court judges, doing away with filibuster are all legitimate avenues to consolidate power by democrats and other progressives. There isn’t a thing they want more than for the hundreds of distinct regions to live under one set of federal rules. It’s absurd. *que your rationale for why the electoral college needs abolished

Separation has happened all over the world and many places are fine. It won’t be easy but it can be done and needs to be done. Just look at how aggressive the corporate press goes after states that don’t toe the National line. How dare they protect liberty!

Call it whatever you want. If secession is what you want to call it, so be it.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:39 am You didn’t actually think I want Wyoming to secede on our own, did you? If counties were allowed to choose, the whole county minus the big cities would leave.

Ok. So you want bloodshed. I get it because you’re an authoritarian and unamerican. Balkanization is absurd but doing away with electoral college, adding Supreme Court judges, doing away with filibuster are all legitimate avenues to consolidate power by democrats and other progressives. There isn’t a thing they want more than for the hundreds of distinct regions to live under one set of federal rules. It’s absurd. *que your rationale for why the electoral college needs abolished

Separation has happened all over the world and many places are fine. It won’t be easy but it can be done and needs to be done. Just look at how aggressive the corporate press goes after states that don’t toe the National line. How dare they protect liberty!

Call it whatever you want. If secession is what you want to call it, so be it.
You make an awful lot of assumptions here. Let's address them:
Ok. So you want bloodshed.
I most certainly do not.
I get it because you’re an authoritarian and unamerican.
I am neither. I advocate for individual liberties and freedoms, and have lobbied these views throughout my professional career.
doing away with electoral college, adding Supreme Court judges, doing away with filibuster are all legitimate avenues to consolidate power by democrats and other progressives
Agreed. These are large scale changes that should never be made. Wyoming would lose what little sway we hold if the electoral college were abolished. Adding Supreme Court Justices opens a Pandora's Box that would be abused by both major parties in their current forms for generations. House members compromising with colleagues would be a much more reasonable solution than eliminating the filibuster.
*que your rationale for why the electoral college needs abolished
Again, I do not want this. See above.

If we'd stop making assumptions and just have conversations with each other, rather than being on the attack at all times, things would move forward much more favorably for all parties involved in all avenues of life.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:50 pm
If we'd stop making assumptions and just have conversations with each other, rather than being on the attack at all times, things would move forward much more favorably for all parties involved in all avenues of life.
Disagree. Battle lines are drawn. A solution is only a solution if it also comes at the expense of the other side. Democrats and Republicans have destroyed this country. These 2 parties and their media will finish the job.

The stage is set. Perhaps the pending economic collapse will make people pull their heads out or liberals will succeed with their version of Castro or Chavez. Hard to tell where this is going other than down.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:26 am
Disagree. Battle lines are drawn. A solution is only a solution if it also comes at the expense of the other side. Democrats and Republicans have destroyed this country. These 2 parties and their media will finish the job.

The stage is set. Perhaps the pending economic collapse will make people pull their heads out or liberals will succeed with their version of Castro or Chavez. Hard to tell where this is going other than down.
One way or another I think another Civil War will happen. But this time it'll be ALL the States vs. the Feds. If the States win, the Constitution will have another amendment added to it basically saying that ALL elected officials will have term limits. If Feds win, George Orwell's 1984 is finally realized. Safe bet the Chinese are making sure the Feds will win.

To paraphrase a famous line from the movie, Dune,...whoever controls the media controls the planet.

Just my opinion here but I think the country jumped the shark when JFK got killed.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:21 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:26 am

One way or another I think another Civil War will happen. But this time it'll be ALL the States vs. the Feds. If the States win, the Constitution will have another amendment added to it basically saying that ALL elected officials will have term limits. If Feds win, George Orwell's 1984 is finally realized. Safe bet the Chinese are making sure the Feds will win.

To paraphrase a famous line from the movie, Dune,...whoever controls the media controls the planet.

Just my opinion here but I think the country jumped the shark when JFK got killed.
You might be right. We are on extremely shaky economic footing. Stagflation is here but they haven't admitted it yet. Interest rates have to go up and the economy sucks. Terrible combination.

Our labor laws, environmental regs, energy policies, etc. have made the US an unworkable mess leaving little hope to pull ourselves up.

Buckle up.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

The only solution is more regional autonomy which is exactly what the constitution was suppose to do. If we can somehow start to move back towards more state control, it can be saved. However, the fed is becoming more authoritarian. it basically became under Biden what the Left said Trump was going to do. The democrats pressure on big tech to censor isn’t much different than what China does to its people. I still remember when Google basically caved to China just to get into their markets. Now Google is the biggest manipulator of our elections. It’s a sad state. I side with liberty every time. If you side with the fed using OSHA to mandate vaccines in the workplace you’re basically siding with an authoritarian regime. The feds can use any federal agency to leverage their power on private businesses. Hell, the IRS wants more authority to spy on our bank accounts. What could go wrong?

Who ever said it’s states versus fed isn’t far off. The problem is so many democrats are in favor of authoritarian policies like mandates and passports and these little authoritarians hate seeing people living free.

I have dominion over my body. If you side with feds leveraging peoples employment to get them to do something they don’t want to do, you’re an authoritarian and my enemy.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I've always wondered why the liberal fraction and the conservative by name only fraction is so opposed to stronger state's rights? You have so much more control over your local elections and thus how your government works. You can cite as many old environmental or labor issues that you want, but it is pretty clear that overbearing centralized federal government chasing globalization has been nothing short of a spectacular failure. Why people continue to think the government will solve their problems is beyond my comprehension.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:03 pm The only solution is more regional autonomy which is exactly what the constitution was suppose to do. If we can somehow start to move back towards more state control, it can be saved. However, the fed is becoming more authoritarian. it basically became under Biden what the Left said Trump was going to do. The democrats pressure on big tech to censor isn’t much different than what China does to its people. I still remember when Google basically caved to China just to get into their markets. Now Google is the biggest manipulator of our elections. It’s a sad state. I side with liberty every time. If you side with the fed using OSHA to mandate vaccines in the workplace you’re basically siding with an authoritarian regime. The feds can use any federal agency to leverage their power on private businesses. Hell, the IRS wants more authority to spy on our bank accounts. What could go wrong?

Who ever said it’s states versus fed isn’t far off. The problem is so many democrats are in favor of authoritarian policies like mandates and passports and these little authoritarians hate seeing people living free.

I have dominion over my body. If you side with feds leveraging peoples employment to get them to do something they don’t want to do, you’re an authoritarian and my enemy.
💯
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Everyone start lowering your expectations! How's everyone liking the supply crunches and energy crisis? Hey, at least there wasn't a shortage of Chinese buyers at Hunter's art show!!

Let's go Brandon!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Little Red Lying Hood doesn't want any tears when your Peloton treadmill hasn't arrived in time for Christmas. You've had it too good in your life. Time for some suffering

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:20 am Little Red Lying Hood doesn't want any tears when your Peloton treadmill hasn't arrived in time for Christmas. You've had it too good in your life. Time for some suffering

This lady is a smart assed condescending bitch, just like Dementia Joe and the Kackling c-word. She fits perfectly in the poop.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:30 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:20 am Little Red Lying Hood doesn't want any tears when your Peloton treadmill hasn't arrived in time for Christmas. You've had it too good in your life. Time for some suffering

This lady is a smart assed condescending bitch, just like Dementia Joe and the Kackling c-word. She fits perfectly in the poop.
You all see this poop? They have no shame and will do everything but condemn this poop show administration

[url [/url]
W-Y, Until I Die!