QB Recruits

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

With Thompson bailing, Patterson, Thorton, and potentially Sam Stratton if needed are the only QBs on roster. Austin Fort is committed....does Bohl go after a 2nd high school kid, or primarily JC?

-Patterson is an unknown for the most part. Hopefully he's bigger than 178 now.
-Thorton came across as another Sam Stratton.
-I haven't watched much of Fort. Conflicting opinions on his abilities.

The above options sound completely doomsday-ish.....Bohl almost certainly will be looking for a JC-QB to come in and start. I'd be shocked if he left it up to the 4 mentioned players and a 2nd high school QB. Has to be a JC kid.
Last edited by J-Rod on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I'm thinking Juco transfer.

I can't imagine that Bohl got blindsided by this at all.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Listen to the Kevin McKinney interview on KFBC today..
ImageImageImageImage
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Here is a 15 minute video of Fort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qU-TY3OlBs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Ronalduw
Buckaroo

New to this board...but I thought I would share my thoughts. In the interview it was mentioned that some QBs graduate and have 1 year of eligibility left. I think this could provide an interesting opportunity of we can find a QB from another school who can start for a season while we develop a QB. Might be better option getting a QB who has 3 years D1 experience than 2 year JC experience. Not suggesting this will happen nor would I speculate who it could be, just a quick patch for our current problem
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

MrTitleist wrote:Listen to the Kevin McKinney interview on KFBC today..
He sounds depressed.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:Here is a 15 minute video of Fort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qU-TY3OlBs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never saw him under center one time. Looks like to me he is bread to be a spread qb. Also his throwing motion looks a little unorthodox. On the positive side he is big for a high school senior.
hithere
Ranch Hand

NowherePoke wrote:He sounds depressed.
A true Wyoming fan, through and through!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Booo....I was just reminded that JC players typically sign in December. All the good JC QBs are probably registered for classes at their respective schools. Bohl will have to do some serious digging....or hope some FBS QB who graduated early wants to transfer.

One way or another, Bohl is either going to have to do some serious digging....or face the possibility of having to start a wildcat QB/freshman at QB next season.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Booo....I was just reminded that JC players typically sign in December. All the good JC QBs are probably registered for classes at their respective schools. Bohl will have to do some serious digging....or hope some FBS QB who graduated early wants to transfer.

One way or another, Bohl is either going to have to do some serious digging....or face the possibility of having to start a wildcat QB/freshman at QB next season.
Yeah wasn't the JC signing period right after Bohl came to Laramie for the press conference then flew back to NDSU to start the playoffs?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Booo....I was just reminded that JC players typically sign in December. All the good JC QBs are probably registered for classes at their respective schools. Bohl will have to do some serious digging....or hope some FBS QB who graduated early wants to transfer.

Yeah wasn't the JC signing period right after Bohl came to Laramie for the press conference then flew back to NDSU to start the playoffs?
There's another one that lasts until February.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

brock jensen? :whistle:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
BJC
A Real Cowboy

whyoh wrote:

Does he have eligibility left? ugh
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

BJC wrote:
whyoh wrote:

Does he have eligibility left? ugh
hell if i know

figured that was drenched in enough sarcasm
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
wyoav211933
Ranch Hand

I dunno, I like his size, and the video shows that he isn't doing anything dumb with the football, but none of the throws he made really make me go "wow." Was a lot of short and mid range passes that I imagine all QBs that get a college scholarship should be able to make. Also none of the runs he makes in the video convince me that he's going to be much of an asset on the ground in FBS football. At least he wants to be here though. We may not have any other choice, but I can't say that he makes me excited.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

wyoav211933 wrote:

I dunno, I like his size, and the video shows that he isn't doing anything dumb with the football, but none of the throws he made really make me go "wow." Was a lot of short and mid range passes that I imagine all QBs that get a college scholarship should be able to make. Also none of the runs he makes in the video convince me that he's going to be much of an asset on the ground in FBS football. At least he wants to be here though. We may not have any other choice, but I can't say that he makes me excited.
You never know how he will turn out, and how hard he will work to grow his skill set.

That said, he was maybe the 4th best QB in the state of Wyoming last fall. IMO
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...