So did Brett not get a combine invite?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

How do we even know that Brett even requested a combine invite??? I believe that underclassmen must make the request and it is common for quarterbacks to forego the combine all together.

Either way, this whole garbage about Brett making a mistake is way too pre-mature. Brett Smith will de drafted. The only question is what round.

Smith was our best player for three (3) years and has shown himself to be an intelligent person and capable of making his own thought out decisions. I don't get the need to bash him at all.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

easy there....no one is bashing him. We all love BSmith. I agree I think he should have stayed for the very reason that the offense we will now be running would have been perfect to help get him ready for the NFL. He will be drafted and he will have plenty of success. But i think there is concern that he jumped at something that might have been a little premature. If he comes back for his senior year and blows up and has a dominant season, he goes in late 1 early 2 the following year. imo. unfortunately we will never know.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

So Smith, one of the best QBs in the country, gets passed over? By who, mister "can't take pressure and won't go to the senior bowl" McCarron? Or one of the overrated guys from the ACC?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Seems Brett will be throwing to Herron there at least, according to Vorel's twitter.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Brett didn't get an invite according to twitter, I hope he attracts some attention during pro days and scout camps.
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!