Schedule's Out

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:So Wyo can start 5-2...assuming their is no hidden Texas State team to derail us.
Can they pull out a win in the final 5 games?

SHOULD WIN:
vs. Montana
vs. AFA
vs. FAU
@Hawaii
vs. SJSU
If we have something even resembling a defense, we should have a chance against Hawaii and especially SJSU since Fales is gone.

Both of these games should be complete opposites of the offensive shoot-outs they were last year.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote: Both of these games should be complete opposites of the offensive shoot-outs they were last year.
Hawaii does return a lot of WRs and the bowling ball RB, Iosefa, that seemed to just mow down the Cowboy players last November. If it becomes a defensive battle, than Wyoming has improved on that side of the ball, not necessarily UH regressing (which seems impossible considering how bad they've been).
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Eugene would be a good trip, and fairly close for me, but I'm burning my football travel on trips to Laramie and Fargo.. maybe a trip to Cheney for Montana/EWU.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Is it just me or does that seem like really long stretches between home games?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Is it just me or does that seem like really long stretches between home games?
Yeah, looks like we go 2 months with only 1 home game, but we've got 3 in 4 weeks at the beginning of the season and 2 in 3 weeks at the end.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Is it just me or does that seem like really long stretches between home games?
Yeah, looks like we go 2 months with only 1 home game, but we've got 3 in 4 weeks at the beginning of the season and 2 in 3 weeks at the end.
looks like they're scheduling around elk season
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
Smart move
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

Also of note with the schedule being out; mark your calendars for the 3rd annual Wyonation Tailgate on August 30th against Montana! More details to follow this summer.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

Mr. T, you better be in Wyoming gear, or else you'll get dressed up in navy blue, sheep green, white, and yellow with a couger mascot head with sheep horns attatched.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:Mr. T, you better be in Wyoming gear, or else you'll get dressed up in navy blue, sheep green, white, and yellow with a couger mascot head with sheep horns attatched.
:rofl:
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

mrtnt3x wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Mr. T, you better be in Wyoming gear, or else you'll get dressed up in navy blue, sheep green, white, and yellow with a couger mascot head with sheep horns attatched.
:rofl:
I'm bringing my camera.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That's gonna be awkward as hell. No matter what happens, MrTitleist wins....and loses.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I'm like others on here, we need to wait and see what we put on the field during spring ball, even that is no guarantee. Looking at it right now I see 4-8 at best. That can change when things start to fall into place and we see how well this team is willing to transition.
I really think Montana is going to be a rude awakening. I can see us dropping that game. It not like Montana isn't a legit team just because their FCS either. They're always in the running for their conference title and typically make runs for the championship.
AFA is a question mark. Yeah, we took it to them last year. We were playing amazing! But our player who kept us moving all game long is no longer here.
FAU will be tough, especially if they come in playing like they were at the end of thig year.
OU, i see no chance.
Mich St., no chance. It's also kind of sad to see that even though we have t big games on the docket, not one of them is in Laramie. That marks two years in a row of no markee games at The War.
SJSU? Could go either way, they still have talent coming back even if it isn't Fales.
Hawaii, as bad as they were made it a game in Laramie last year, now they get us on the Island. Boise in Laramie, I don't think we contend.
Fresno, will not be the Fresno that took the conference last year but still have several legit players.
UNM in Abq is no sure W either, they have made strides under coach Davie and have gotten better every year under him.
Just like DCs first year, I could see the prognosticators giving us last place and maybe one predicted win, but just like DCs first year, anything can happen.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I take back my comment about wyo winning at Hawaii.
Hawaii was in almost every single game they played last season.
We had to go to OT to beat them.
Brett Smith had his best day ever and we only won by 3.
Brett Smith had the best day any MWC QB ever had and we had to go to ot to win by 3...seriously Brett did something Alex Smith, Bryan Johnson, Andy Dalton, max hall, John beck, Bradley van pelt, or either bramlet brother or Derek Carr never did......And we BARELY won. At home. In November. In freezing ass weather.

I think we lose to Hawaii on the road. Then wyonation wants to fire Bohl.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:I take back my comment about wyo winning at Hawaii.
Brett Smith had the best day any MWC QB ever had and we had to go to ot to win by 3...seriously Brett did something Alex Smith, Bryan Johnson, Andy Dalton, max hall, John beck, Bradley van pelt, or either bramlet brother or Derek Carr never did......And we BARELY won. At home. In November. In freezing ass weather.

Didn't HI qb actually pass for more yards?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

BJC wrote:

Brett had more total yards. 620yds, which was a MWC record and the most total yards by a QB the whole season in 1 game.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Smith was amazing that day. Without Smith and Herron, UW loses by 30 at home that game. It seemed like those two were just playing pitch and catch, play book be damned.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
BJC wrote:

Brett had more total yards. 620yds, which was a MWC record and the most total yards by a QB the whole season in 1 game.

I see.......sure wish we had him one more year...... :deadhorse1:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

whyoh wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
Interesting. I didn't think about that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
whyoh wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
Interesting. I didn't think about that.
Scheduling around elk-season? Or getting the majority of the games in the fall when the weather is nice and Laramie is a desirable place to come to?
Or both?
Wyo should realistically schedule the majority of their home games in the first 6 or 7 weeks of the season.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.