Herron

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

First 40-time at 4.45.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Really? That seems fairly slow for a guy that has burned so many this season.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Very un-inspiring was expecting something in 4.3's
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

mrtnt3x wrote:Very un-inspiring was expecting something in 4.3's
If he ran that, I thought he might go round 3 or 4 (best case but unlikely a 2).

With a 4.45 and a really deep WR draft, I'm guessing 5 or later.

My biased opinion is that he will be a steal in the draft.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

NFL scouts will turn on that Texas game film and say 4.45 my ass
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

He'll post a better time at pro day (I hope) and take worries about his speed off the table.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scMAy5rM3Eo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This kid ran a 4.29. Good lord.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Remember that at the combine you are running with no pads and gear. There is more to being game fast then just running, film can show that. Having said that, I'm not totally surprised, I never believe a high school or college player's 40 time unless it was at the combine. There is too much error/exaggeration involved elsewhere.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scMAy5rM3Eo

Archer actually ran a 4.26 just barely shy of Johnsons record unfortunately he got terrible reviews in a lot of other locations so which his speed is nice it doesn't seem to be overcoming his weaknesses.

Given the QB speeds I think Brett could have topped that list his profile speed says he runs a 4.8 but I don't believe we ever saw 4.8 speed from him.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyo2dal wrote:

Archer actually ran a 4.26 just barely shy of Johnsons record unfortunately he got terrible reviews in a lot of other locations so which his speed is nice it doesn't seem to be overcoming his weaknesses.

Given the QB speeds I think Brett could have topped that list his profile speed says he runs a 4.8 but I don't believe we ever saw 4.8 speed from him.
If Brett had 4.8 speed, he would not have made so many big runs over his career. Probably more in the 4.6 area.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

If Brett had 4.8 speed, he would not have made so many big runs over his career. Probably more in the 4.6 area.
Exactly and the fastest QB ran 4.61, I hope he has a really good pro day he deserved to be at the combine.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Jordan Lynch only ran a 4.76

How many rushing records does he have?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Jordan Lynch only ran a 4.76

And look what he did against teams with a defensive pulse...
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:

Hate to say it, but we could make a similar statement with Brett.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

That could also be chalked up to our o-line being majorly bad. Even against bad defenses, Brett would often have to scramble to buy time because a 3 man rush from Air Force would get into the backfield. Against defenses with a any sort of pulse, especially up front, we were lucky to do anything.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

That could also be chalked up to our o-line being majorly bad. Even against bad defenses, Brett would often have to scramble to buy time because a 3 man rush from Air Force would get into the backfield. Against defenses with a any sort of pulse, especially up front, we were lucky to do anything.
Yeah we could and if I asked NIU why Lynch had rough games against good defenses, they'd probably say the same thing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Looking at the WR and I think Herron is probably going to be anywhere from 9th best to 15th best WR on team boards. He is going to be a real steal for some team.

I'm not saying he will be as good as Welker, but I could see him developing into a Wes Welker type of player.

FWIW, Welker is 5'9" and runs a 4.6 or so. Herron runs really well.

I think his long-term NFL career will be better than where he gets drafted at.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

I saw something last night where they were comparing Herron to Randall Cobb as they had pretty similar numbers at the combine.
ImageImageImageImage
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Did any of you read his combine review? He had more negatives than positives. One that stuck out to me was that he was lazy at times and took plays off. Another that we are all aware of was that he had inconsistent hands. Too many easy drops through out the year. Another point they make is that he won't go across the middle, which for a slot receiver, is a big deal! He needed to run a blazing time at the combine to elevate his stock in the draft and because he didn't....well lets just say I think he might be looking ant an un-drafted free agency status. But who knows.....certainly not me!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:I saw something last night where they were comparing Herron to Randall Cobb as they had pretty similar numbers at the combine.
Good analogy. I think Herron might show to be a little tougher over the middle than Cobb. I was a little surprised by Herron's 40, but, his game speed is good. I think that will help.

If Tampa Bay had a 3rd round pick (I don't think they have one), I would bet Herron would be gone in the 4th to TB. They need a lot of things and receiver is definitely one of them. I could see them using their first few picks on O line and D, but then grabbing Herron in the 4th or 5th. Marcus Arroyo is the QB coach in Tampa; I would almost bet he has put in a good word for Herron.