Wisniewski will haunt UW this entire year!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

Ron Wisniewski, Coach Glenn's wide receiver coach AND recruiting coordinator was a DISASTER, as evidenced by the wide receiver's, and the team in general, that Coach Christensen inherited. 'Wiz' duped Joe, as other ill qualified assistants did, and because their 'magic' (lol) worked at Montana, with the good players they inherited there, they thought it would work at UW. The buck stopped with Joe so I'm not cutting him any slack BUT, Man, did he have some lightweights on his staff!

It will take another year or two but I have faith in Christensen. Time will tell. That was painful to watch today and all we have is hope so lets not lose it.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I'm not worried. The new coaching staff has shown they can recruit to Laramie. The fans know as well as the coaches do where weak spots are on our team, and there are quite a few of them. Step 1: Identify the problem. Step 2: Fix it.

Next year we will have some freshmen playing WR and the year after we may start seeing some red-shirts as things balance out.
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

I agree that the Cowboys will recover from Wisniewski's terrible recruiting job but it will take considerable time. The shame is that the incompetent Wisniewski declined help from Cowboy supporters who wanted to help the Cowboy's by identifying talent. He 'protected' his little world, his little birds nest on the ground in Laramie, and then ruined the Cowboys. Glenn wanted the help but the system he created, that being leave the assistants to do their jobs while he handled PR chores, kept him from doing so. A little whining from an assistant, and believe me Wisniewski is a major league whiner, and Joe would back off. What a shame. Thank goodness that Breske and his assistants did a good job and left the defense with talent.

Christensen has a tougher job ahead, in my opinion, than Glenn did when he came aboard. Our offense is in terrible shape.
Last edited by CowboyFan on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

The defense wasn't exactly stellar yesterday either, but there were bright spots and you have to consider the amount of time they were on the field. Several times we let CU off the hook with 3rd and long. I want to see the replay of the game instead of just listening to it before I say much more.
I thoroughly agree with the comments about Wisniewski and the result of Glenn's blind loyalty to his assistants. Germer's achievements didn't impress me either.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

You are so right, WYCowboy, but you are TOO nice in even using the word 'achievements' in the same sentence with Germer! lol I was going to mention him in an earlier post but I wanted to focus on Wisniewski's incompetence because it was so OVER THE TOP for a person called a college coach. No doubt that Germer was second on the incompetence list. In fact, Cockhill, who no doubt had a foul mouth and was not up to the task either, was head and shoulders better than those two. I'd take Cockhill in an instant if my only choices were those three, heaven forbid.

If you haven't 'seen' the game, get ready to get sick. It was a lot uglier than the score.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

BTW, Germer's coaching o-line for Montana this year.. they've given up 1 sack so far in three games.
ImageImageImageImage
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:BTW, Germer's coaching o-line for Montana this year.. they've given up 1 sack so far in three games.
I saw where he went home to Montana. History says he was a decent o-lineman for them but he was a lousy o-line coach for UW. He has no personality and can't relate to the players. He was so intent on getting o-lineman recruits who were 'at least' 6'5" that he overlooked 'heart', 'aggression'. 'passion'. 'skill', 'athleticism', etc. He brought in tall, skinny kids, had them eat like horses, and then watched, with the rest of us, as his tall dough boys got beat badly, every week. Hey, in his defense Joe liked him! lol
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:BTW, Germer's coaching o-line for Montana this year.. they've given up 1 sack so far in three games.

Just wait until he gets his recruits in there.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

WYCowboy wrote:

That's the thing, he's coached here before, when they won the national championship. I think Germer's a pretty good OL coach, a lot of people were excited to get him back here and get rid of Kaligis (who is now with Wyoming). I thought Kaligis was a good coach too, but he coached some NFL prospects here at MT, I don't see why he can't do that at UW.
ImageImageImageImage
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:

That's the thing, he's coached here before, when they won the national championship. I think Germer's a pretty good OL coach, a lot of people were excited to get him back here and get rid of Kaligis (who is now with Wyoming). I thought Kaligis was a good coach too, but he coached some NFL prospects here at MT, I don't see why he can't do that at UW.
Wisniewski was there when they got the national championship too, Cockhill was there, Glenn was there. Don't put too much stock in that, even though it is at a lower level. Montana was loaded when Glenn got there and brought Wiz along from Northern Colo. How would they have done had they stayed and recruited their own for several more years? Anyone's guess but there is no guessing as to how Wisniewski, Germer, and Glenn did at UW. They were in WAY over their heads and Wisniewski and Germer were Terrible coaches. Maybe Germer will fit in at the lower level, maybe not. Time will tell.