last hs football game in War Memorial

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I posted this on the High School section, but thought it would get more responses here, so I copied it here as well.

With the state championship football games moved to War Memorial this year, it got me thinking, I am pretty sure I played in the last football game in War Memorial that did not include the Wyoming Cowboys.

Trivia: Does anyone know who and when that was?

Your answers could prove me wrong, but I'm pretty sure I was in it. I also have a goal of getting my hands on a copy of any film of that game.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Was it in the 80's, Sheridan vs. Laramie? I think Laramie won something like 60 - 0...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Last edited by McPeachy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Does the Wyoming/North Dak St. game last year count?
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I believe the last time hs ball was played at War Memorial was the last time the Shrine Bowl was played in Laramie in 1992. It was a tie, no winner.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Fullback41 wrote:I believe the last time hs ball was played at War Memorial was the last time the Shrine Bowl was played in Laramie in 1992. It was a tie, no winner.
What about actual high school vs. high school though?
Dear Karma,

Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I have no clue on that. You're probably right.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Fullback41 wrote:I have no clue on that. You're probably right.
I will do some diggin'
Dear Karma,

Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

You would be incorrect in saying you played the last football game at the war that did not involve the Cowboys.

The Laramie Youth football league holds their playoffs and championship game at War Memorial annually with a fairly big crowd in attendance.
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote:You would be incorrect in saying you played the last football game at the war that did not involve the Cowboys.

The Laramie Youth football league holds their playoffs and championship game at War Memorial annually with a fairly big crowd in attendance.
Cornpoke, we are trying for high school games here, as indicated by the "hs".
Dear Karma,

Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Fullback41 wrote: With the state championship football games moved to War Memorial this year, it got me thinking, I am pretty sure I played in the last football game in War Memorial that did not include the Wyoming Cowboys.
I'm just going by what he said.. "I Played in the last football game in War Memorial that did not include the Wyoming Cowboys"

I'm not trying to nit pick :D If we are talking about HS only, then yes.
I'm good for 3!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Cornpoke wrote:You would be incorrect in saying you played the last football game at the war that did not involve the Cowboys.

All good stuff I didn't know. How cool that must be for those little guys playing in the War, I know I thought it was cool even when I was 18. Thanks for the info.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

My pappy played at the War in the shrine bowl in 79.
ImageImageImageImage