FAU got beat by ULM, IN FLORIDA!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

FAU is very beatable by the Pokes. ULM! If that team can pull out a win, anywhere, the Cowboys can.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I'd prefer FAU to have won all their games so far. That way when we beat them it might mean a little something.
I'm good for 3!
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

Cornpoke wrote:I'd prefer FAU to have won all their games so far. That way when we beat them it might mean a little something.
I agree Cornpoke, but a 'W' in Florida will be a GREAT 'W'. It will be a win on the road for this growing team and further development of a winning spirit.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

They're 0-3, so they have their backs up against the wall. Give them the slightest bit of confidence, and this could be a nightmare.

Obviously it's a winnable game, but a 0-3 team can be much more dangerous than a 1-2 team.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote:They're 0-3, so they have their backs up against the wall. Give them the slightest bit of confidence, and this could be a nightmare.

Obviously it's a winnable game, but a 0-3 team can be much more dangerous than a 1-2 team.
For example see CU...

Let's hope the local media is focused on the big boys in FL and not paying attention to FAU (likely I think). I live in Denver and I swear I heard the local media calling for scholarship pulling and immediate firing of Hawkins if they lost to UW all week prior to the game. UW layed an egg for sure, but these guys are all proud as well as capable and hearing that all week added a lot of extra fuel to their fires.
NCowl
Buckaroo

It was a close game, as it is every year, but there is a tradition with it... the home team ALWAYS losses.
We had a few stupid penalties that cost us time and yards, plus some dropped passes, we just ran out of time on our last drive.

They also beat us the year we won the SBC title. Any given saturday, any SB team can beat another it seems, you can never rule out anyone.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

I get tired of the excuses that its too bad a team hasn't won a game because then they will be really up for our team. Our team has lost more games the last few years then a good majority of the teams in the country, so that same excuse should work for our team. I don't think CU, or FAU, or UNM who all had or will have 0 wins we meet them are thinking "Wyoming has won hardly any games so they are really dangerous." Likewise I don't like our team going in thinking well they haven't won any games so they are bound to beat us because it is a make it or break it game. I think these games are make it or break it games for us and are necessary wins if we want a bowl game. So I expect our team to be very dangerous regardless of what these other teams have done.
NCowl
Buckaroo

you are right, what its going to come down to us fewest turnovers and fewest penalties, should be a good game and can go either way.