Join The Posse - Sellout vs. Montana

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Montana's Super Bowl will be a few weeks later at Eastern Washington.. playoff seeding at stake in that game. Play-up games are cash grabs. Imagine about 5000 Montana fans in a stadium that holds 8600+. They call it "Washington's Grizzly Stadium."
Hmmm. So the Eastern Washington game has seeding implications - and that is certainly important to their program(s). But the Montana vs. Wyoming game is the marquee game for Montana - meaning it is the game that most of the Griz fans balls tingle from (including your fat hairy women's balls).

Remember not to be that 1/2 and 1/2 guy on 8/30 or we are fighting. :whistle:
I won't be the 1/2 guy, so you can leave your olde tyme boxing gloves at home. :)
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

MrTitleist wrote:I won't be the 1/2 guy, so you can leave your olde tyme boxing gloves at home. :)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MTcowpoke
Buckaroo

Wyo will never go FCS. However, it looks like the FBS is evolving into two divisions. The Big 5 and the rest of you. Nearly half of the Big 5 head football coaches would like for the Big 5 schools to only scdedule each other.

Wyo has road games with Oregon and Michigan State this year. Do either of those teams return to Laramie in the next couple of years? It will probably become more difficult for Wyo to schedule games against Big 5 teams in ensuing years. Wyo will not drop down. But the Big 5 will eventually drop Wyo and the other second tier schools.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

MTcowpoke wrote:Wyo will never go FCS. However, it looks like the FBS is evolving into two divisions. The Big 5 and the rest of you. Nearly half of the Big 5 head football coaches would like for the Big 5 schools to only scdedule each other.

Wyo has road games with Oregon and Michigan State this year. Do either of those teams return to Laramie in the next couple of years? It will probably become more difficult for Wyo to schedule games against Big 5 teams in ensuing years. Wyo will not drop down. But the Big 5 will eventually drop Wyo and the other second tier schools.
Oregon is scheduled to come to Laramie in September 2017. The MSU game is a one-and-done.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

MTcowpoke wrote:Wyo will never go FCS. However, it looks like the FBS is evolving into two divisions. The Big 5 and the rest of you. Nearly half of the Big 5 head football coaches would like for the Big 5 schools to only scdedule each other.

Sep. 16, 2017, Oregon is scheduled to come to Laramie. Hopefully, they will not buy out.
Sep. 1, 2018, Washingston State is scheduled to come to Laramie.
Aug. 31, 2019, Missouri is scheduled to come to Laramie.

In recent years, Texas and Nebraska have also come to Laramie
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Who the f-word brings up this FCS and Wyoming bull poop all the time? Shut the f-word up! Wyoming is playing an FCS team and could lose. End of story. It's not going to destroy the program if we do
W-Y, Until I Die!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:5,634 now. It's dropping!
I don't buy that number at all.

Feeling cynical today...
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I don't know, I think it's a legit counter. I've watched it through out the night. It only moves during business hours. And I think people are ready for a new and improved Cowboy football season.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

I ordered my tickets today and was struggling to find good seats for 3 ppl. Additionally, Laramie is sold out in the motel department on Saturday and I checked almost everywhere.
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
billings
Ranch Hand

Dropping to fcs would instantly cost us 4 million a year with no mwc tv deal or NCAA credits. Zero fbs teams ever playing in laramie. Zero way to maintain the current budget.the loss of games against CSU and Air Force for example would really hurt attendance. Add in lower payouts when traveling to fbs stadiums.

No the next generation would drift off and support the fbs team close to where they live as few stay in laramie or cheyenne as those away would rarely see UW on national TV anymore. in state coverage might be possible if a Casper or Cheyenne channel does the feed but they did not do that before when they could have. The TV quality suffers and distibution severely limited. Montana local channel games are poor in quality on KPAX. when was the last time you saw a North Dakota State home game listed on a TV schedule and they are three time FCS national champs who are invisible outside North Dakota to the casual football fan.

Basketball would be crushed. I could go on and on.

Fcs is a wasteland other then 20 or so programs and those top ones almost all want to be fbs for a reason .

lets just tell Oregon, Missouri, Washington State, Air Force, CSU, Boise State, SDSU, Fresno, and Texas tech that we no longer want them to play in Laramie and we want Souther Utah University, Weber State, Norhern Arizona, and Northern Colorado instead. good god
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

laxwyo wrote:Who the f-word brings up this FCS and Wyoming bull poop all the time? Shut the f-word up! Wyoming is playing an FCS team and could lose. End of story. It's not going to destroy the program if we do
I brought it up. Kind of.

Saying, and I will quote myself, "I would take a win over a Tennessee, UCLA, Ole Miss, Virginia, MWC Rivals, etc., before I would remotely care about beating BlahBlah Tech in the FCS championship game in BFE Georgia. That would certainly change if Wyoming were an FCS school, but that isn't the case. And further, our fanbase would be devastated to drop a level of competition..."
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

And I think all of us are in agreance with you, McPeachy. All except for a couple of who I will not mention on here again. But it's true, our football program would plummet if we made that move.
The only move that would proove successful would be if G5 and FCS came together, depending on how the P5 plays out. All your current G5 would be safe, it would be several FCS institutes that would struggle. Because, no matter how much they would try, not even WYO would go on the road to play Fordham in their 5,000 seat high school stadium.
But your Montana's, Eastern Washingtonsn would probably be okay.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Wyoming to FCS posts make me want to die.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Okay enough of this thread derailment.

Back to join the posse.

Right now it says 5076 tickets left.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

VisorHair wrote:Wyoming to FCS posts make me want to die.
exactly
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

What annoys me is the ignorance displayed by individuals that actually think it's a good idea, wake up people!

Anyway...counter is down to 4979.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

ImageImageImageImage
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

How many student tickets are there?
How often do the students actually fill up?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Regardless of whether we sell this game out or not, I'm quite impressed with 24,000+ in the stands for this game. I'm also impressed at how well UW is promoting this season. I hope they continue.
DC's first game was what, Weber St. And I think we had 18-19k for that one.
Seeing the Athletics Dept and promoting and fans interested enough to go to the game has me proud to be a Cowboy fan. I think everyone knows we need to rebuild and move forward, and I'm loving the support on both sides.

Here's to hoping Bohl can start producing like Shyatt for of football program. If we can get these bball recruits then I think Bohl can do the same for football.

Extremely excited for 8/30!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:

Sep. 16, 2017, Oregon is scheduled to come to Laramie. Hopefully, they will not buy out.
Sep. 1, 2018, Washingston State is scheduled to come to Laramie.
Aug. 31, 2019, Missouri is scheduled to come to Laramie.

In recent years, Texas and Nebraska have also come to Laramie

Not to mention Virginia, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, etc. over the last decade or so.

It's true that our OOC home slate is not bursting with Power 5 teams, but we get more home games against Power 5 opponents than the entire FCS division gets against FBS opponents. Not even the weakest MAC or Sun Belt team is hitting the road to play in Missoula.