RB Recruit

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

http://wyoming.scout.com/a.z?s=367&p=8&c=1&nid=3758367
Has anyone seen this kid... a running back the best running back in the country of canada
6'1" 200 but i cant find his 40 speed but looks promising
Last edited by gopokes1399 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

The state of Canada? :P

Edit: I did watch a few videos of this guy a month or so ago. He seems able to both run around AND run over people. Definitely doesn't look slow, but then again, high school is high school, which makes it hard to truly judge talent level.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

This young man didn't have much money and wanted to come visit UW soooo bad that he bought a round trip bus ticket to Laramie from Vancouver, B.C. and rode that bus for long, long time to get to Laramie. I believe he got our attention with his play and our coaches had been talking to him on the phone. I doubt there will be anyone that will try harder to learn and play than this young man will.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WYCowboy wrote:This young man didn't have much money and wanted to come visit UW soooo bad that he bought a round trip bus ticket to Laramie from Vancouver, B.C. and rode that bus for long, long time to get to Laramie. I believe he got our attention with his play and our coaches had been talking to him on the phone. I doubt there will be anyone that will try harder to learn and play than this young man will.
Wow, that's absolutely awesome. For his sake, and that of the Wyoming Cowboys, I hope he completely annihilates Devin Moore's rushing records here :)
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 51 times

Kankolongo could end up being a nice pick up for the Pokes if he continues to develop his football game. He has decent speed for a D1 running back, but he isn't a guy that will run away from people. He is big and strong which is an advantage is some ways, but he has a major problem running too straight up. He is very tall for a RB. He may be able to run over guys in high school, but he isn't going to be able to bull-doze D1 lineman and linebackers. He will have to learn to work on his pad level quickly, or he will be prone to big hits and fumbles. I'm glad we got this guy, but he has a few things to work on if he wants to develop into a good D1 football player.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 110 times

TheRealUW wrote:Kankolongo could end up being a nice pick up for the Pokes if he continues to develop his football game. He has decent speed for a D1 running back, but he isn't a guy that will run away from people. He is big and strong which is an advantage is some ways, but he has a major problem running too straight up. He is very tall for a RB. He may be able to run over guys in high school, but he isn't going to be able to bull-doze D1 lineman and linebackers. He will have to learn to work on his pad level quickly, or he will be prone to big hits and fumbles. I'm glad we got this guy, but he has a few things to work on if he wants to develop into a good D1 football player.
I don't know what school's you've been watching, but 5'11" is not tall for a running back. Every running back on our depth chart is listed at 5'11", as a matter of fact. As a comparison, Devin Moore was extremely short for a running back at 5'7".
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 51 times

WYO1016 wrote:I don't know what school's you've been watching, but 5'11" is not tall for a running back. Every running back on our depth chart is listed at 5'11", as a matter of fact. As a comparison, Devin Moore was extremely short for a running back at 5'7".
My bad. I guess I never looked at his listed height. I was basing it off of video I have watched of him. He runs with such a stright up posture that I figured it was a result of being tall, as tall players often have trouble lowering their pad level and staying balanced until they get their lower body strength up. I'm sure the coaches will drill it into him to keep his pad level low (not to mention the fact that he will probably learn real quick after taking some big shots with that posture). Habits can be hard to break though. I hope he breaks this one the Pokes sake though.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

the kid is 6"1' thats pretty tall for a running back i think he will tear it up he sounds like he has a lot of heart but wyo couldnt dish out an official visit and fly him down?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

gopokes1399 wrote:the kid is 6"1' thats pretty tall for a running back i think he will tear it up he sounds like he has a lot of heart but wyo couldnt dish out an official visit and fly him down?
I am not sure about the details...but...

The kid took the time, and his own dime, to come to camp (as does every camp atendee). The UW coaches liked what they saw, and offered. He verballed. At that point, is a paid official visit necessary? Again, who knows all the details.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...