enuf with the negatives time to look ahead

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

Ok guys. Enuf with the negative talk after this past weekend. Things happen and we need to move on.

This sat nite is the biggest game of the year to date. When we win (that's right we will win) we go to 5-5 and have the inside track for the 5th mwc bowl slot.

If I remember it was bowl talk at the seasons beginning, not beating the whiners, u-tards, or toads. Sure a win over one would be nice and still might happen. The toads might have to play in the freezing cold with snow blowing in, who knows.

So I'm calling it now. We beat sdsu, and csu for sure. We get the boot, and a bowl bid. Tcu better look out too!

GO POKES!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I love your optimism. After what I saw Saturday though, I am not sure we are better than anyone in our conference (CSU & NM included).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Pittsburgh Nellie
Ranch Hand

I am trying to take something away to be positive, but the only thing that went right was we won the coin toss.

Ugly.

I see us finishing 5-7.

We beat CSU.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

At the pre-season football media days, they picked Wyoming to be dead last in the conference this year. We aren't going to be dead last. I'm not concerned if we go to a bowl game this year, but it sure would be good to get a couple more wins. Let's face it, the cupboard was bare when Christensen got here - look at how many Freshmen are playing. I know we are all tired of hearing the word patience, but that is what we need right now.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

At the beginning of the year, we knew it was going to be rough. We were looking at THE most difficult schedule in UW history, coming of one of our worst seasons ever. I was hoping for 5-6 wins, but thought it was very possible we could go 2-10 or 3-9.

After the first 6 everyone got their hopes up and had visions of 7-8 wins, but now we are paying the price for such a tough schedule coming of a horrible season.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Unfortunately, the way CSU and SDSU play, they can take advantage of our hollow secondary just the way BYU did. You can bet they'll look at what worked for BYU and try and copy it.

While Hall is better than the QBs either team has, SDSU arguably has better receivers (and big ones at that) than BYU, and CSU has some difference makers among their receivers as well. I'm very nervous about those games now.

We can only hope and pray that they make the players watch a LOT of tape this week and figure out what they did wrong, or we'll be 4-8 when this season is over. Even if they DO watch tape and learn what they did wrong, the question is if they have the skills to do anything about it.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Unfortunately, the way CSU and SDSU play, they can take advantage of our hollow secondary just the way BYU did. You can bet they'll look at what worked for BYU and try and copy it.

While Hall is better than the QBs either team has, SDSU arguably has better receivers (and big ones at that) than BYU, and CSU has some difference makers among their receivers as well. I'm very nervous about those games now.

We can only hope and pray that they make the players watch a LOT of tape this week and figure out what they did wrong, or we'll be 4-8 when this season is over. Even if they DO watch tape and learn what they did wrong, the question is if they have the skills to do anything about it.

I disagree - I would not have any of our players watch one minute of tape on the byu game. There were too many things going wrong. At this point of the season they know what they are supposed to do and when they aren't doing it right. Get a game plan going on SDSU and get prepared for that.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:I disagree - I would not have any of our players watch one minute of tape on the byu game. There were too many things going wrong. At this point of the season they know what they are supposed to do and when they aren't doing it right. Get a game plan going on SDSU and get prepared for that.
Too late, the team watched film yesterday morning.
Dear Karma,

gopokes1399
Blog Team

im tired of waiting to win!
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

BYU played like the BYU who beat the #3 team in the nation, not the BYU team that got creamed by FSU and TCU.....Wyoming on the other hand DID play like the BYU team that got creamed. BYU was spot on, UW was way way off. Bad combination.

Let's face facts. IF UW beats SDSU, UW more than likely beats CSU and goes to a bowl (deserving or not). UW would be just as deserving as CSU was last year. IF UW loses Saturday, season over and SDSU will probably get to a bowl game. Saturday's game is huge for both teams so we'll see against level competition just how tough the Pokes are (SDSU has had nearly identical results as UW this year).
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:I disagree - I would not have any of our players watch one minute of tape on the byu game. There were too many things going wrong. At this point of the season they know what they are supposed to do and when they aren't doing it right. Get a game plan going on SDSU and get prepared for that.
Too late, the team watched film yesterday morning.

WYCowboy maybe you were on to something. Coach didn't make it mandatory to watch game film for anyone this past Sunday. Although several players took it upon themselves to do so anyway, two of which were the Gipson brothers.
Dear Karma,

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Obviously, DC must make some drastic changes against SDSU. In my opinion - the Pokes must stack the defensive line - at least 4 rushers with blitzes most of the time. And forget about the run - passes on virtually every play. This is a desperation game requiring desperation measures against a team that may not be as well coached as the Pokes but has more talented players.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:Obviously, DC must make some drastic changes against SDSU. In my opinion - the Pokes must stack the defensive line - at least 4 rushers with blitzes most of the time. And forget about the run - passes on virtually every play. This is a desperation game requiring desperation measures against a team that may not be as well coached as the Pokes but has more talented players.
Didn't we try running 4 against BYU a lot? Our defense looked more like a 4-3 in that game than what I've seen before, but maybe I'm just delusional :)

As far as looking ahead goes, though. It's looking like we'll finally have TWO fast receivers ready to play next year :D