BB Season

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I was at the game, and we did not look as good in this game as we did in the first game. The Pokes are still getting used to each other and sometimes we are throwing the ball where the other player was. This was a well coached team with some pretty good athletes, and they had looked at film and were covering our wide-outs that were getting open shots in the first game. We will get it together, but it is going to take time. I have to go or I would talk more about this game.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

I also attended the last part of the first half, and the early portion of the second half. My observations:
NEGATIVES...
---Unless this team really plays the amazing defense and full court game Heath claims they will, this team will be behind last years squad early in the season. While I like the four out one in motion design Shroyer is implementing, it doesnt really fit this current squad. Ewing and Jones seem to be struggling in it, especially when( this really bothers me) he runs with Matalon(Europe PG) at the point, and Ewing and Jones on the wings.
---4 out 1 in also requires a special hybrid 4 player. Ryan Dermody is basically that guy, but can Dermody play those kind of minutes and match up with some of the 4's around this conference??
---Shooting. This team misses James Spencer. Keeping in mind Platt hasnt seen action yet, that could change, but he will need to come along very quickly.
POSITIVES...
---I do think Platt will be MUCH MUCH better in this system as opposed to Mcclain's. At one point early in the 2nd half, for a brief moment, the offense really clicked and we saw what we canned Steve for and brought Heath in for. The ball was moving fluidly, and had we had a perimeter shooter in like Platt, things would have taken off.
--- Its still early, but we are already playing pretty good defense. I personally think Mcclain played pretty good D, its the offense he didnt run that pissed me off, but either way, that looks good now. Our full court press also looks nice, but I would like to see our fast break pick up.
---Adam Wadell. The kid has a decent post game on offense, and thats very encouraging for this team.