Back from Albucracky...smile hasn't left my face yet

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 91 times

I know a lot has been mentioned already, so I won't belabor the discussion - but all I can say is, the FUTURE LOOKS VERY BRIGHT! Driving back from Denver, I kept playing back the fumble, the goal line stand, the TD in OT, the first TD run...all I can say is WOW!

To think that this staff will get some good recruits and keep buildling this thing. New luxury boxes for revenue, national exposure, a good schedule next year - things seem to be looking up!
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

Agreed! It was a total blast! Wouldn't have missed being there for anything.

On a side note I do have to give Mathews some props for being a solid back, going into the game I firmly believed that he was an average back that just ran in the WAC who plays no defense. But there were certainly times that he made our D look foolish.

In the end we made the big plays when we had to! Looking for more good things to come in the near future!

Go Pokes!
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

I agree. Mathews was superb. The Pokes have played against the best this season and I'd have to say Mathews was above any of them. Fresno's line openned a few holes but I'd say at least half his yards were bouncing out after most backs would have been tackled.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 117 times

I posted earlier that Mathews is one of the best I've seen. However, it was very classless to spurn the media after the game. We know you just lost a heartbreaker, but nut up and take your lumps.