Wyoming lands 10th verbal KJ Wells [WyoNation]

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

I'm very excited about K.J. and all the Oklahoma boys.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

SnowyRange wrote:
No, I want Wyoming to be good. But I don't think Wyoming is very good. Nothing complicated about tha
You want Bohl fired. You want him to do well.

The world doesn't work that way. You get one or the other.

You're right on one thing, though: it's not that complicated.

Lol okay then :rofl:
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
SnowyRange wrote:
Don't forget as much as I am down on this team, I have said multiple times that I would LOVE to be proven wrong.
Yep. You want to have it both ways.
No, I want Wyoming to be good. But I don't think Wyoming is very good. Nothing complicated about that.
You say that but then come in here proclaim that you can't believe a recruit picked Wyoming over a Big 12 school. How can you expect Wyoming to improve if by your logic a recruit should never choose UW?

You want it both ways. You say you want Wyoming to good but you would never expect talent to come play for us. Thank god you aren't the recruiting coordinator.
I'm good for 3!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Cornpoke wrote: You want it both ways. You say you want Wyoming to good but you would never expect talent to come play for us. Thank god you aren't the recruiting coordinator.
This is my favorite thing about Bohl and company so far. They have abandoned the Tom Burman mentality of poor little WYO and we do the best we can under the most difficult circumstances in all of CFB. Hell, even DC was buying into that crap by the end of his tenure.

I absolutely love that Bohl and company don't seem to.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:This is my favorite thing about Bohl and company so far. They have abandoned the Tom Burman mentality of poor little WYO and we do the best we can under the most difficult circumstances in all of CFB. Hell, even DC was buying into that crap by the end of his tenure.

I absolutely love that Bohl and company don't seem to.
Agreed. I certainly have my issues with things (Bohly, Burman, Etc.), but that quality certainly isn't one of them! Far from it!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Article in the Daily B.S. aka Oklahoman about K.J. Wells...
http://newsok.com/idabels-k.j.-wells-co ... le/5454516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

I know recruiting always "looks great" but this looks great. If they sign the 10 so far and the next 15 are close to the same level then it's program changing class.

A Qb, 3 ol, a 6-4 wr and a kicker

3 Lb's and a cb

I really hope their is a juco @ de, dt, maybe a lb- and then a ol

Then 10 or so more hs guys. Couple more wr's, a pass catching speed back, and some d line

Sign theo Dawson as a rb/fb
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
SnowyRange wrote:
Don't forget as much as I am down on this team, I have said multiple times that I would LOVE to be proven wrong.
Yep. You want to have it both ways.
No, I want Wyoming to be good. But I don't think Wyoming is very good. Nothing complicated about that.
You say that but then come in here proclaim that you can't believe a recruit picked Wyoming over a Big 12 school. How can you expect Wyoming to improve if by your logic a recruit should never choose UW?

You want it both ways. You say you want Wyoming to good but you would never expect talent to come play for us. Thank god you aren't the recruiting coordinator.

How does me being surprised Bohl can land good recruits mean I don't want Wyoming to be good?

We have been less than average for years and are now in the middle of our worse 2 year stretch in about 14 years.
Yeah, I want us to win. I want us to be f-word good. But I am not naive as poop like you are and think that the best recruits are coming here.

"You say you want Wyoming to be good but you would never expect talent to come play for us."
We are terrible. 1-6 terrible. Soon to be 1-7 then 1-8 terrible. Why would I expect anyone to come to Wyo right now?
How does that correlate to me wanting Wyo to be good?

Like I said earlier, if Bohl keeps proving me wrong, then great. Halle-f-word-lujah. Let's go win some games. Once he goes to a bowl game or 2, then I will pro-Bohl.

Until then? Until then I think he is a good guy, decent coach, but in way over his head at the FBS level at one of the most apathetic football programs in America.

Whatever though, all you want to do is bitch and moan like a little girl because I'm not on your Bohl bandwagon. You want to jump on me like I dislike Wyoming lol. That's fine and all, just remember when the Pokes are playing, I am cheering just as hard as you are. Although that probably bugs you that I say that.

Go Pokes, let's get win #2.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

It honestly seems like you and a few others hate Cowboys football, which is weird because you seem to adore basketball. I guess I see the negativity towards football, but not really.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:It honestly seems like you and a few others hate Cowboys football, which is weird because you seem to adore basketball. I guess I see the negativity towards football, but not really.
I can't speak for Beav, but being critical of the football team doesn't indicate hate or wanting them to fail. Frankly, what has the football team done to deserve the benefit of the doubt? I am as big as of a homer as anyone on this board but I have chosen to stay off the football board (for the most part) because its so damn depressing. We are not a good team. At anything. But I love the pokes and will continue root for them. And you know what, next year we'll be a little better and the year after that we'll be a little better. Being incredibly down now and expressing frustration and opinions different than others doesn't indicate hatred of the Cowboys/Bohl/UW in any way.

And DUH, why wouldn't fans be excited about the basketball team....They are really good...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:It honestly seems like you and a few others hate Cowboys football, which is weird because you seem to adore basketball. I guess I see the negativity towards football, but not really.
I can't speak for Beav, but being critical of the football team doesn't indicate hate or wanting them to fail. Frankly, what has the football team done to deserve the benefit of the doubt? I am as big as of a homer as anyone on this board but I have chosen to stay off the football board (for the most part) because its so damn depressing. We are not a good team. At anything. But I love the pokes and will continue root for them. And you know what, next year we'll be a little better and the year after that we'll be a little better. Being incredibly down now and expressing frustration and opinions different than others doesn't indicate hatred of the Cowboys/Bohl/UW in any way.

And DUH, why wouldn't fans be excited about the basketball team....They are really good...

This is exactly how I feel.
Perfectly said.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

We don't know if a brand new b-ball team is any good
W-Y, Until I Die!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:We don't know if a brand new b-ball team is any good
Don't even try to argue that point... It falls on deaf ears or you're treated like the idiot for using "common sense" thinking. Trust me, I know.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
Don't even try to argue that point... It falls on deaf ears or you're treated like the idiot for using "common sense" thinking. Trust me, I know.
Haha no you're right. We should just beat our head against the wall and bitch that were not Kansas or Duke. This board preaches that we must be fans and be supportive of the football team no matter what or were terrible fans but basketball? f-word basketball. There is no possible way to know if we're any good coming off our best finish in two decades and our best recruiting class in my lifetime and signing a fantastic coach to a long term deal. You're right, there's no way to know we're headed in the right direction. If this is common sense, then yes keep it to yourself :thumb: :rofl: :cry:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
Haha no you're right. We should just beat our head against the wall and bitch that were not Kansas or Duke. This board preaches that we must be fans and be supportive of the football team no matter what or were terrible fans but basketball? f-word basketball. There is no possible way to know if we're any good coming off our best finish in two decades and our best recruiting class in my lifetime and signing a fantastic coach to a long term deal. You're right, there's no way to know we're headed in the right direction. If this is common sense, then yes keep it to yourself :thumb: :rofl: :cry:

Pretty sure I, or anyone else said we "weren't " heading in the right direction in basketball. But I can stress that common sense shows that our great coach took over a young team with limited talent and struggled to get 20 wins and CBI tourneys his first three years. And then with a very senior heavy/ veteran squad took us to 25 wins and an NCAA tourney on a year that not only I, but most everyone on here was complaining about how "weak" our schedule was that year. And that had that senior heavy/veteran team not won the conf tourney, they probably would've been in the CBI again.
But I guess I can get caught up in the hype of going to and losing in the first round of the tourney. Or enjoying a decent recruiting class that still ranks like 6th in the MWC. Be happy we have a senior baller in Adams... where we've lost games when Nance was out, we still had 4/5 starters playing from the senior heavy team and Adams would bust out 29 points...

Yeah, I'm the moron because I said I see us getting 14 to 17 wins. You all are right, I could be wrong... It could be worse!

I never said to compare the bball team to Duke or KU. You've never been expected to compare the fball team to Ohio St or Alabama either.
Again, common sense. Am I excited to see the Pokes in basketball? Absolutely. Do I have an insane amount of questions and concerns considering an EXTREMELY YOUNG TEAM... Yep. Do I expect those fresh to play like Nance or Grabau or Cooke? Sure, comparing them to their freshman or Soph years... Does our remaining roster still have questions? Absolutely. Barnes? We don't know how well he will contribute. Herndon? Size and shot, how well will he compete with other "bigger" bigs? MCM? Will he even be more of a contributor or stay in a helping role. Leibs/ Gorski/ Trey??? We saw glimpses, but not enough to prove they are just as capable or ready as those guys that left after last year.
Do we have a coach and staff able to coach these guys up? Oh yes! But it even took him two years before he turned Nance into what he became.
So you tell me? Why is it most can come on the football side and complain about an extremely young football team but thinks the extremely young basketball team is going to be so good?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

Pretty sure I, or anyone else said we "weren't " heading in the right direction in basketball. But I can stress that common sense shows that our great coach took over a young team with limited talent and struggled to get 20 wins and CBI tourneys his first three years. And then with a very senior heavy/ veteran squad took us to 25 wins and an NCAA tourney on a year that not only I, but most everyone on here was complaining about how "weak" our schedule was that year. And that had that senior heavy/veteran team not won the conf tourney, they probably would've been in the CBI again.
But I guess I can get caught up in the hype of going to and losing in the first round of the tourney. Or enjoying a decent recruiting class that still ranks like 6th in the MWC. Be happy we have a senior baller in Adams... where we've lost games when Nance was out, we still had 4/5 starters playing from the senior heavy team and Adams would bust out 29 points...

Yeah, I'm the moron because I said I see us getting 14 to 17 wins. You all are right, I could be wrong... It could be worse!

I never said to compare the bball team to Duke or KU. You've never been expected to compare the fball team to Ohio St or Alabama either.
Again, common sense. Am I excited to see the Pokes in basketball? Absolutely. Do I have an insane amount of questions and concerns considering an EXTREMELY YOUNG TEAM... Yep. Do I expect those fresh to play like Nance or Grabau or Cooke? Sure, comparing them to their freshman or Soph years... Does our remaining roster still have questions? Absolutely. Barnes? We don't know how well he will contribute. Herndon? Size and shot, how well will he compete with other "bigger" bigs? MCM? Will he even be more of a contributor or stay in a helping role. Leibs/ Gorski/ Trey??? We saw glimpses, but not enough to prove they are just as capable or ready as those guys that left after last year.
Do we have a coach and staff able to coach these guys up? Oh yes! But it even took him two years before he turned Nance into what he became.
So you tell me? Why is it most can come on the football side and complain about an extremely young football team but thinks the extremely young basketball team is going to be so good?
One question for you. Take away experience because there is no replacing 5 seniors worth of experience. Put that aside. DO you really believe this team, today, is less TALENTED than last years? Maybe thats where we differ. I look at this team and see far more TALENT than Shyatt has had since he's been back. Outside of Nance, who wasn't "replaceable"? If were being honest, Cooke, Grabau, and Hankers probably don't start most teams in the MWC and certainly not at other Tourney schools. Thats not a knock on them as much as we did what we could with what we had. Thats where I get my excitement from.

Yes I understand the young guys will struggle getting used to the game at this level.

Yes the final result this year will probably be a let down from last year (but 14 wins? Really? You can't be serious) when compared to the magical run we went on.

But I do believe where hitting shots and making plays takes confidence (which may take some time with these youngsters), playing sound, team defense does not. Last time I checked, Shyatt is a defensive master and that alone will keep us in games. You can hate on everyone as you see fit for thinking differently about football but it is not common sense or best judgment to believe Shyatts best team by far will only win 14 games...Hes never won less than 18 games at UW....And its not like this years schedule is a bruiser....Lots of cake on there...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I definitely see less talent at this point. We lost a 1st round draft pick; those don't come along every year. I believe we have the potential to be more talented, but no one really knows anything yet.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

One question for you. Take away experience because there is no replacing 5 seniors worth of experience. Put that aside. DO you really believe this team, today, is less TALENTED than last years? Maybe thats where we differ. I look at this team and see far more TALENT than Shyatt has had since he's been back. Outside of Nance, who wasn't "replaceable"? If were being honest, Cooke, Grabau, and Hankers probably don't start most teams in the MWC and certainly not at other Tourney schools. Thats not a knock on them as much as we did what we could with what we had. Thats where I get my excitement from.

Yes I understand the young guys will struggle getting used to the game at this level.

Yes the final result this year will probably be a let down from last year (but 14 wins? Really? You can't be serious) when compared to the magical run we went on.

But I do believe where hitting shots and making plays takes confidence (which may take some time with these youngsters), playing sound, team defense does not. Last time I checked, Shyatt is a defensive master and that alone will keep us in games. You can hate on everyone as you see fit for thinking differently about football but it is not common sense or best judgment to believe Shyatts best team by far will only win 14 games...Hes never won less than 18 games at UW....And its not like this years schedule is a bruiser....Lots of cake on there...
Okay. Remember this dialogue in a few months.
Do I agree that the talent coming in is better than when Grabau, Nance, etc first came in? Yes. But we also had some junior/senior leadership on those first few teams: Paco Cruze; Leonard Washington, the little transfer guard from NMSU, his name eludes me right now? We have Adams. And then we have a bunch of unprovens. Yes, these guys have talent. Raw talent. Do I think these guys will be successful? Yeah, very! In a few years. And just because Shyatt is good, does not exempt him from a down, rebuilding year. There are other far more successful coaches that have had down years. It can and does happen.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

Okay. Remember this dialogue in a few months.
Do I agree that the talent coming in is better than when Grabau, Nance, etc first came in? Yes. But we also had some junior/senior leadership on those first few teams: Paco Cruze; Leonard Washington, the little transfer guard from NMSU, his name eludes me right now? We have Adams. And then we have a bunch of unprovens. Yes, these guys have talent. Raw talent. Do I think these guys will be successful? Yeah, very! In a few years. And just because Shyatt is good, does not exempt him from a down, rebuilding year. There are other far more successful coaches that have had down years. It can and does happen.
Haha. I agree with most everything you are saying. Im not calling for this team to win the MWC regular season and Tourney but I think 14 wins is slightly disrespectful. Shyatt won 21 games his first year with a gutted team and a bunch of freshman....

I think the guard you're referring to is Jaydee Luster