Wyoming +35 vs. BSU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

JimmyDimes wrote:.I see a 17 point loss at most.
I'd say that is a ceiling right there. Odds are that 17 points is the closest this game will be and much more likely to be double that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:+32? Is the this the largest underdog we've ever been? This spread is gigantic
I don't think it is the largest...I remember some larger lines (at Auburn, at Texas A&M, at Oregon) that were larger. Vegas knew something last week - probably know this week as well. Ugh.
Depends on how the line moves. We opened at +7 against Nevada and it got bet down to +5. The opening line is simply the initial, "Here's where we think we get the money on both sides," mark. It's which side the money moves that indicates the bettors' and wise guys' feelings on the game...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
I'd say that is a ceiling right there. Odds are that 17 points is the closest this game will be and much more likely to be double that.
We'll see. A lot of us fans have been picking the Pokes to lose by a lot more than they have been.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
We'll see. A lot of us fans have been picking the Pokes to lose by a lot more than they have been.
Other than the Nevada game, I haven't noticed that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Other than the Nevada game, I haven't noticed that.
I've noticed a negative trend when it comes to picking Wyoming....no biggy. At least Wyoming has been covering the spread. I think the improvement is coming weekly. Much stronger D than we saw earlier in the year. We are stopping the run much better now than in the past couple years IMO. Nevada had two solid backs and we pretty much shut them down. Still need to get more pressure on the QB, but the young db's have also stepped up. Antonio Hull and CJ Jennings are going to be good cornerbacks.

Utah State has a much better D than we do and Boise might have their stud RB back. But, with my brown and gold glasses on/or off, I think we can keep it the game from getting away from us. And who knows.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Jimmy is kicking ass at the spread prediction, so maybe he's on to something... I still don't see this one being close lol
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Jimmy is kicking ass at the spread prediction, so maybe he's on to something... I still don't see this one being close lol
:lol: Touche' on that. Jimmy is winning the spread prediction.

Jimmy, you sticking with BSU by 17 in your pick?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyo is +10675 right now. That's the second biggest money line to Iowa State to Baylor.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Boise is going to score....alot. They will likely score on every possession. We won't stand a chance if we sputter in the red zone like we have. We will need a good balanced offense like the first half against Nevada. Even then, their defense is going to slow us down big time.

I don't think the coaching will be aggressive enough to win this one. I'm not sure we have enough talent this year to win either.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WyoBrandX wrote:I don't think the coaching will be aggressive enough to win this one. I'm not sure we have enough talent this year to win either.
Ya...if we didn't have the talent to match up against Juggernauts North Dakota, Eastern Whatever, Appalachian, New Mexico, we probably don't have enough to match up against Boise State & USU.

But I would like to say, we are certainly not the same team today, as we were against said competition earlier in the year.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Apparently Boise State hasn't given up an offensive TD at home this year. There's one goal.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

J-Rod wrote:Apparently Boise State hasn't given up an offensive TD at home this year. There's one goal.
Really? Pretty impressive. They sure are tough at home. Would like to see the Pokes with that kind of home field advantage, sans the clown shoe color football field.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

SDPokeFan wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Apparently Boise State hasn't given up an offensive TD at home this year. There's one goal.
Really? Pretty impressive. They sure are tough at home. Would like to see the Pokes with that kind of home field advantage, sans the clown shoe color football field.
AKA the Smurf Turf.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Not that we will be but we could be that trap game for Boise. I expect them to come out and play but at the same time they may ignore us because of our record and give us a chance to cover that spread.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I see this going basically one of two ways.
1. BSU is still recovering from USU putting it in the wrong hole, and rather hard, and thus not having their heads in the game. Allowing a Wyoming squad with little to lose and a lot to gain to make a game of it (also depends on Vigen's play calling).
2. BSU is pissed and focused and tries to do to us what USU did to them. And Vigen gonna Vigen.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'm curious to see how the run game looks. Hill has had a MW OPOY worthy beginning to this season. Last year UW wouldn't get the running game, or well...anything to work vs. BSU. Hill having success (100+ yards) vs. BSU would be a good sign, slumping Broncos or no slumping Broncos. That defense is still the best Wyo will have seen to this point.

Wyoming has this weird thing going where they play BSU better at Boise than in Laramie. None of the recent games are really close, but the Pokes don't get totally beaten to mush in Boise like they have at home. Weird, but that's how the series is gone. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Wyoming cover this spread...keep it to a 35-17 type game.

Ultimately, just hope nobody gets hurt. I want to be close to 100% when CSU farts into town.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:I'm curious to see how the run game looks. Hill has had a MW OPOY worthy beginning to this season. Last year UW wouldn't get the running game, or well...anything to work vs. BSU. Hill having success (100+ yards) vs. BSU would be a good sign, slumping Broncos or no slumping Broncos. That defense is still the best Wyo will have seen to this point.

Wyoming has this weird thing going where they play BSU better at Boise than in Laramie. None of the recent games are really close, but the Pokes don't get totally beaten to mush in Boise like they have at home. Weird, but that's how the series is gone. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Wyoming cover this spread...keep it to a 35-17 type game.

Ultimately, just hope nobody gets hurt. I want to be close to 100% when CSU farts into town.
Had a similar thing with SDSU during DC's years here, where we would win in San Diego but lose at home. 4 years in a row that happened.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I'm thinking, which is worse - having the Pokes get thumped - or looking at that hideous, sickening blue field.
Maybe my TV allows a black/white option.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:I'm thinking, which is worse - having the Pokes get thumped - or looking at that hideous, sickening blue field.
Maybe my TV allows a black/white option.
:rofl: So true, even in Ultra HD 4K that field is horrific to look at.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...