The AAC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

The AAC: Best teams raided? Check. Completely dismantled? Check. Rebound and easily claiming crown as best of G5? Check.

Damn depressing how far the MWC has fallen. The MWC is a dumpster fire. I sure hope the ship can get righted and not just at WYO. What a mess.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... op-25-poll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wish we could say this:
"We want to be considered for the playoff spot," he said. "We're not just content to be playing for a Group of 5 spot on New Year's Day."
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:The AAC: Best teams raided? Check. Completely dismantled? Check. Rebound and easily claiming crown as best of G5? Check.

Damn depressing how far the MWC has fallen. The MWC is a dumpster fire. I sure hope the ship can get righted and not just at WYO. What a mess.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... op-25-poll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wish we could say this:
"We want to be considered for the playoff spot," he said. "We're not just content to be playing for a Group of 5 spot on New Year's Day."
They have had a decent year... So far. But come on, Temple, Memphis? Neither of these teams have shown they can have sustained success. Houston? Yeah. Which is why I was sad that the MWC never went after them.
The MWC a dumpster fire? Not so much. A down year or so, maybe. When the MWC was formed it took a few years for the conference to really build up to its potential. We were gutted. We still have quality programs that have had a lot of success and even sustained success. We have up and coming programs. We're not a stagnant conference by any means. We were considered down last year and had CSU, USU, BSU and AFA all at 10+ wins. CSU has shown during the BCS years that they can have long term success (Lubbick). USU, the jury is still out on sustained success, but so far so good. BSU is BSU and AFA always seems to excel in the option and pull off surprises. WYO is up and coming, UNM is showing life after the 3-33 lifeless debacle under Locksley. FSU has had success, but can they get back to it? SDSU is their average underachieving self with a decent year here and there. Nevada has to deal with a coaching change, but seem to continue to be competitive. SJSU is showing signs of life and the questions are still out on Hawaii and UNLV.
What does the rest of the AAC look like? Top to bottom?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote: They have had a decent year... So far. But come on, Temple, Memphis? Neither of these teams have shown they can have sustained success. Houston? Yeah. Which is why I was sad that the MWC never went after them.
The MWC a dumpster fire? Not so much. A down year or so, maybe. When the MWC was formed it took a few years for the conference to really build up to its potential. We were gutted. We still have quality programs that have had a lot of success and even sustained success. We have up and coming programs. We're not a stagnant conference by any means. We were considered down last year and had CSU, USU, BSU and AFA all at 10+ wins. CSU has shown during the BCS years that they can have long term success (Lubbick). USU, the jury is still out on sustained success, but so far so good. BSU is BSU and AFA always seems to excel in the option and pull off surprises. WYO is up and coming, UNM is showing life after the 3-33 lifeless debacle under Locksley. FSU has had success, but can they get back to it? SDSU is their average underachieving self with a decent year here and there. Nevada has to deal with a coaching change, but seem to continue to be competitive. SJSU is showing signs of life and the questions are still out on Hawaii and UNLV.
Guess what, outside of BSU, there isn't anyone in this dumpster fire that can sustain success either. Temple, Memphis, and Houston all undefeated and T25. Then you have a pretty solid ECU and Navy doing decent. After that, you have the likes of Cinci and South Florida at .500. That conference has some hallmark wins over P5 opponents.

There is no way you can pump enough sunshine into this dumpster fire that is the MWC. We are literally much closer to the Sun Belt than we are to the AAC. There is no building in the MWC; what is built is built. poop, this ship is every man for himself and whatever you can do to keep your head afloat.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote: They have had a decent year... So far. But come on, Temple, Memphis? Neither of these teams have shown they can have sustained success. Houston? Yeah. Which is why I was sad that the MWC never went after them.
Guess what, outside of BSU, there isn't anyone in this dumpster fire that can sustain success either. Temple, Memphis, and Houston all undefeated and T25. Then you have a pretty solid ECU and Navy doing decent. After that, you have the likes of Cinci and South Florida at .500. That conference has some hallmark wins over P5 opponents.

There is no way you can pump enough sunshine into this dumpster fire that is the MWC. We are literally much closer to the Sun Belt than we are to the AAC. There is no building in the MWC; what is built is built. poop, this ship is every man for himself and whatever you can do to keep your head afloat.
Why do you come on here to just bitch about everything?

I'm saying they have success this year.. So far. The year isn't over. What did they do last year?

And how is it what is built is built? If that's the case then USU should go back to sucking within a year or two, CSU will always only suck. You've relegated it to the fact that Wyoming will then also only suck... Even though in other posts you "believe" we will be winning 7+ games in a few years... If what is built is built then don't expect those 7 wins. And then you can say we totally suck. But you can't go based off of one year.
Conference trend? We trend up. Again, we were gutted, the programs have to reform, the conference regroups and then gets better.
The AAC is a new conf. Having some success. Good for them. Doesn't mean we've been relegated to last place or second to last place in the conference ratings for all eternity.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote: Conference trend? We trend up. Again, we were gutted, the programs have to reform, the conference regroups and then gets better.
If you think the MWC is trending up, you need your head examined. We have been on a precipitous decline culminating in the worst year ever for the MWC (current).

You are taking the point of what is built is built out of context. I believe some programs will tick up while others tick down. Conferences don't regroup and then get better. That is a bunch of hogwash to make fans feel better.

There are markets and popularity which drive TV dollars which can benefit schools in a conference. We don't have markets and we don't have popularity. We aren't going to magically generate those.

Like I said, this dumpster fire is every man for himself. The concept that somehow all these teams are working together to improve each other is la la land nonsense. Most of the schools in our conference are in a budget crisis and the cost of doing business is only going up. Each one of us would cut the other 11 down if it meant something better for us.

Fanboys often have the misconception that reality is bitching. Fanboys rather live in la la land.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

La la land?

Not so much, my friend. Not so much.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:La la land?

Pretty much. If you think this Universities in this conference are in any way trying to work to support anyone but themselves, then you are in la la land.

If you think there is something that the collective group is working on to "re-group", you are living in la la land.

If you think the MWC is trending up, you are in la la land.

So yeah, la la land.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote:

The AAC is having a great year so far, and I agree that this year the MWC is closer to the Sun Belt than the AAC. But this is recent success for the AAC. Last year they were 18 - 31 OOC and some of these 18 wins were against the likes of Stony Brook, S.E. Louisiana, Grambling, Delaware State, West Carolina, North Carolina Central, Austin Peay. Who says the MWC won't have a similar turn-around next season?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

cowboyz wrote: The AAC is having a great year so far, and I agree that this year the MWC is closer to the Sun Belt than the AAC. But this is recent success for the AAC. Last year they were 18 - 31 OOC and some of these 18 wins were against the likes of Stony Brook, S.E. Louisiana, Grambling, Delaware State, West Carolina, North Carolina Central, Austin Peay. Who says the MWC won't have a similar turn-around next season?
Yeah, but they also have and had quite a few teams that I would consider trending up. Cinci is having a down year and will be back up there as will at least one of the Florida schools.

The MWC could definitely bounce-up, but so could the Sun Belt or the MAC. I guess the point is, that it appears there is another line being formed and the MWC is falling even further behind. I think the AAC has a clear advantage in markets, attendance, and teams to make advancing their conference much easier. I think they are going to continue the very obvious separation.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:La la land?

Pretty much. If you think this Universities in this conference are in any way trying to work to support anyone but themselves, then you are in la la land.

If you think there is something that the collective group is working on to "re-group", you are living in la la land.

If you think the MWC is trending up, you are in la la land.

So yeah, la la land.
Again, try to have a discussion or debate and you just start making fun or mocking. Just like your, "drama king" business in the other thread. You won't actually get. Involved in the discussion. No, yo just start poking fun. And yet others can actually continue on the discussion. Same here. I ask what the AAC did last year.
You state I'm in "la la land.." Somebody else gets involved, answers my question and tells you what the AAC did last year and you continue your point. Pretty sad. But I'm the "drama king"... Okay. :roll:
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

They're saying what the MWC was saying when we had UU, TCU, and BYU vis-a-vis inclusion in the then-extant BCS.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Brew_Poke wrote:They're saying what the MWC was saying when we had UU, TCU, and BYU vis-a-vis inclusion in the then-extant BCS.
Let's give the AAC a few more years and see which teams are on top. It takes more than one year. Again it took the MWC about 8 to become its best. But we still had some good years with multiple top 25's in the same year during that time as well. Not saying the conf can't be good, but it's built up with a bunch of unknowns. Yes, outside of Houston and I guess Navy (with their normal 8-9 wins a year, but rarely hit 10+) who do they really have who has proven to be successful. UCF? Probably, we'll see how that program bounces back from this year. Memphis? Again they managed success under an amazing RB, when he was gone they were back to 1-5 wins a year. Temple? With exception of about three years when have they EVER been good?
You can call us a dumpster fire, you can say last year was down all you want but we managed four teams at 10 wins plus. Does the western division need to pick up the pace, absolutely. But we are not terrible.
We also have few star studded teams like we did before. A lot of teams are building back up. There are no Amazin QBs in the league this year. We have three good RBs. And even Higgins has shown it was a one year wonder on his numbers. Each program is building talent back up again. If that means one or two down years, oh well.
The SEC is not number one this year. Does that mean they are falling apart?
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Bust them up piece by piece.

Step 1. MWC adds Gonzaga, Wichita st, Denver, long beach st, Pepperdine, Hawaii (for all sports), Houston, SMU

Step 2. Begin the first 4 team football conference playoff

Step 3. Work on byu, Oklahoma, ok st, Texas, and Kansas. If not them then you open an east division. (The rest of the good parts of AAC)

Step 4. 8 team football playoff for the MWC
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:
Again, try to have a discussion or debate and you just start making fun or mocking. Just like your, "drama king" business in the other thread. You won't actually get. Involved in the discussion. No, yo just start poking fun. And yet others can actually continue on the discussion. Same here. I ask what the AAC did last year.
You state I'm in "la la land.." Somebody else gets involved, answers my question and tells you what the AAC did last year and you continue your point. Pretty sad. But I'm the "drama king"... Okay. :roll:
I did. Your hypersensitive drama king self focused on the la la land portion rather than the facts.

Fact: 2 years ago, MWC was almost bottom of the G5 ranks. MWC was slightly better than that last year largely due to BSU--still mostly a push when comparing to AAC. This year, there is no comparison.

Fact: The MWC is trending down and not up based on actual results.

Fact: Over half the conference is rated below 100 = dumpster fire.

Fact: Based on actual results, AAC appears to be trending up. You speculate they will drop off but as of now, they look one hell of a lot better.

Fact: They have better attendance, better markets, and closer proximity to fertile recruiting grounds.

Fact: Other than BSU and perhaps more recently USU, we have a conference full of programs that have a long history of avoiding sustained success.

Trending up? pshaaww. Dumpster fire? Much closer to reality.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
I did. Your hypersensitive drama king self focused on the la la land portion rather than the facts.

Fact: 2 years ago, MWC was almost bottom of the G5 ranks. MWC was slightly better than that last year largely due to BSU--still mostly a push when comparing to AAC. This year, there is no comparison.

Fact: The MWC is trending down and not up based on actual results.

Fact: Over half the conference is rated below 100 = dumpster fire.

Fact: Based on actual results, AAC appears to be trending up. You speculate they will drop off but as of now, they look one hell of a lot better.

Fact: They have better attendance, better markets, and closer proximity to fertile recruiting grounds.

Fact: Other than BSU and perhaps more recently USU, we have a conference full of programs that have a long history of avoiding sustained success.

Trending up? pshaaww. Dumpster fire? Much closer to reality.
Okay then. Fact: maybe you haven't considered how good your three 6-0 teams really are in the AAC.

Temple:
So far they have played: Penn st(5-2); Cinci (3-3); UMASS (1-5); Charlotte (2-4); Tulane (2-4); UCF (0-7)

That's teams with a combined 13-25 record so far. How good are they?

Compared to the MWC's USU:

So far they've played: SUU (4-2); Utah (6-0); Wash (6-0); CSU (3-4); FSU (2-5); BSU (5-2)
For a combined record of 23-16. One is 6-0, the other is 4-2... Who is probably better?

Let's try this one:
Memphis:
So far they've played: Missou St (1-5); KU (0-6); BGSU (5-2); Cinci (3-3); USF (3-3); Ole Miss (5-2)
Combined records of 17-21. That's better

But compared to BSU:

So far they've played: Wash (3-3); BYU (5-2); Ida st (2-4); Virg (2-4); Haw (2-5); CSU (3-4); USU (4-2)
Combined record of 21-24???
One a little higher than the other? Maybe. Might even give the benefit to BSU for playing more quality opponents (Memphis has one Big Twelve; KU 0-6; and one SEC; O Miss 5-2)
(BSU has one P-12; Wash 3-3; one ACC; Virg 2-4; a decent IND in BYU 5-2) Thad just OOC.

Closer but how about Houston and our number 3 coming in with SDSU

So far Houston has played: TNTC (2-5); Louisville (2-4); Tex St (1-4); Tulsa (3-3); SMU (1-5); Tulane (2-4)
Combined record of 11-25...?

Compared to 4-3 SDSU:
So far have played: San Diego (4-2); Cali (5-1); S. Alab (3-3); Penn St (5-2); FSU (2-5); Haw (2-5); SJS (3-4)

Combined: 24-22. That's a far cry better. Which means opponents are better.

So in the end you're 18-0 AAC teams will probably play out the rest of the season as such:
Temple will probably win their Division: seriously, they may lose to ECU (4-3 and USF 3-3) that about it.

Memphis has the best chance to win their division: they've proven they can at least beat teams with a pulse. They would and will probably get by conf pretender: Houston and then Navy after that probably Temple in the title.

Houston, unless they've gained some momentum from this trash heap of a schedule is, like I said, the pretender and will be falling off here soon, and probably end with 3-4 losses.

So yes, Houston, Memphis and Temple combined schedule gives them 18-0... Against a combined opponent record of 41-71. YIKES!

To the MWCs, USU, BSU, and SDSU's combined record of 13-7... Going against an overall opponents record of 68-62...

Big difference! Shoot! (Yeah, might be hypothetical) but I'd be willing to bet WYO woud even have a few more wins on any of those AAC schools schedule! We dog on WYO doing horrid on a bad schedule but, why not. Let's just throw WYO in the mix:

They played: UND (4-3); EMU (1-6); WSU (4-2; UNM (4-3); AppSt (5-1); AFA (3-3); Nev (3-4)
Combined record of 24-22. Hmm?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Fact: AAC has 3 T25 teams in every ranking, including the coaches poll. MWC has none. So pretty much the entire country disagrees with you.

Dude, we were pounded by a low level FCS. We wouldn't have more wins with Chadron State's schedule.

As of now, AAC is outperforming the MWC hands down. I predict the MWC will have 8 teams ranked 80 or worse by the end of the season. The MWC is a dumpster fire.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote:Bust them up piece by piece.

Step 1. MWC adds Gonzaga, Wichita st, Denver, long beach st, Pepperdine, Hawaii (for all sports), Houston, SMU

Step 2. Begin the first 4 team football conference playoff

Step 3. Work on byu, Oklahoma, ok st, Texas, and Kansas. If not them then you open an east division. (The rest of the good parts of AAC)

Step 4. 8 team football playoff for the MWC
Are you just trying to kill non-PAC-12 sports in the west? f-word all of that nonsense. I'll start watching curling. Pepperdine and DU, lol.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Fact: AAC has 3 T25 teams in every ranking, including the coaches poll. MWC has none. So pretty much the entire country disagrees with you.

Dude, we were pounded by a low level FCS. We wouldn't have more wins with Chadron State's schedule.

As of now, AAC is outperforming the MWC hands down. I predict the MWC will have 8 teams ranked 80 or worse by the end of the season. The MWC is a dumpster fire.
Sure 6-0 you need to be ranked. But hell, when your opponents are combined 11-25... Are you really that good? I know you can think logically on this. It's elementary... But I'm sure you can figure it out.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Fact: AAC has 3 T25 teams in every ranking, including the coaches poll. MWC has none. So pretty much the entire country disagrees with you.

Sure 6-0 you need to be ranked. But hell, when your opponents are combined 11-25... Are you really that good? I know you can think logically on this. It's elementary... But I'm sure you can figure it out.
I stopped reading when you were including FCS in any of the rankings. Oh yeah, I forgot, you seem to think FCS is the same as half of FBS :rofl: That one was good.

FFS. Just stop. Your attempt at rationale is ridiculous; by your logic, we were better than any of those teams last year because our opponents had a good year. That league has some quality wins and 3 undefeated teams. Because our teams lost to opponents with combined records of whatever is irrelevant..we lost. Memphis would wipe the floor with anyone in the MWC this year.

Hell, run with your logic. BOTH ECU and Cinci played better games against byu than BSU did so that means BOTH ECU and Cinci must be better than our second best team, right?

poop, man; your "elementary" concept of "well we are better because we lost but our opponents' records are better" is nothing short of ridiculous. For hell's sake, you are even including FCS crap in there.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Now, then, if you really want to use your logic but move past EXTREMELY elementary logic and statistics that you use, I suggest looking into one of the numerous models out there that evaluate what you hint at. However, their attempts are correct in looking at QUALITY of opponent rather than opponent record. Several of these are used in the playoff formula.

Here is one that was updated on the 19th:

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/pages/ ... 1436898588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is how it is calculated: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Like I claimed, the MWC is a dumpster fire.

:rofl: and you were calling people elementary while you are assembling a bunch of records from teams, including FCS, with no regard to what played into those records. :rofl: FFS, man, pull it together.