Wyoming @ Utah Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

UVABy20 wrote:You guys played like they were closing the Orange Bowl after the game or something. What a stinker. Not too much "Cowboy" tough going on last week!! C'mon and make a bowl game!

Oh great, you again, showing up after this total crap game to throw some salt in the wound. Oh well, I am still cheering on the hoos, I need someone to cheer for after that embarrassing piece of junk. I can't believe this is the same team that ran through the Hoos in week one. I guess you were right, that we beat a better team than us and caught them on an off day. At least Basketball season has begun. We just need to beat CSU and call it a year.. Back to the drawing board.. Go UVA..

GO POKES!!
UVABy20
Buckaroo

tttgowyo wrote:
UVABy20 wrote:

Oh great, you again, showing up after this total crap game to throw some salt in the wound. Oh well, I am still cheering on the hoos, I need someone to cheer for after that embarrassing piece of junk. I can't believe this is the same team that ran through the Hoos in week one. I guess you were right, that we beat a better team than us and caught them on an off day. At least Basketball season has begun. We just need to beat CSU and call it a year.. Back to the drawing board.. Go UVA..

I don't know if our team would have came together the way that it has if we hadn't suffered that opening day loss to you guys. Groh's game day coaching leaves a lot to be desired, but he really has done a great job in all of the other facets. I can't wait until 11/24 and a chance to beat those filthy, dirty, cockless turkeys! Can't believe basketball season has started and I have hardly even noticed. I will get my fill of Sean Singletary soon enough. Good luck against CSU, though I am not sure who I will be rooting for in that one! Peace one
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

I don't know if Glenn or any other coaches read these things to gage fan feelings, but Glenn needs to feel the pressure. Playing the piano may be enough for the old ladies around town, but the football fans are getting tired of this.
Glenn: You are paid a sum of nearly 500,000 dollars to coach one full season of Wyoming football each calendar year. Basically you are paid 30,000 dollars to coach football as your job is no more difficult than that of any community worker, and 470,000 to take heat from your critics. Saturday was a complete embarassment. It was an embarrassment to the people of this state, to the people who attend this university, and to the people (dwindling) who scream their hearts out for you 6 times a year BEGGING for winning football. Winning football at UW is difficult. Unique challenges are presented here that are not at other universities. However, you have probably recieved more support and resources then any other coach in Wyoming history, especially considering your body of work over 5 seasons (Las Vegas bowl win, 2 CSU W, 1 BYU W, UVA W, one 5-3 MWC finish). The days of spotting you 2-3 thrashings a year have to be over after this year. When a football team plays lights out one week against an eventual top 20 team, and then 9 weeks later gets blasted 50-0, weekly preparations are FLAWED. This offense is the most predictable and bland in the country, period! High school defenses would be able to stop you after halftime. I honestly do not think that is too far fetched. If Cockhill is employeed by the University of Wyoming after December 1st, it is your job that it will eventually cost. The offense has not improved on any level since your arrival, and continues to regress on a weekly basis this season.
Great attitudes and characters can only carry one so far, especially in this business, and patience has to be growing thin at this university.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

WyoCow85 wrote:I don't know if Glenn or any other coaches read these things to gage fan feelings, but Glenn needs to feel the pressure. Playing the piano may be enough for the old ladies around town, but the football fans are getting tired of this.
Glenn: You are paid a sum of nearly 500,000 dollars to coach one full season of Wyoming football each calendar year. Basically you are paid 30,000 dollars to coach football as your job is no more difficult than that of any community worker, and 470,000 to take heat from your critics. Saturday was a complete embarassment. It was an embarrassment to the people of this state, to the people who attend this university, and to the people (dwindling) who scream their hearts out for you 6 times a year BEGGING for winning football. Winning football at UW is difficult. Unique challenges are presented here that are not at other universities. However, you have probably recieved more support and resources then any other coach in Wyoming history, especially considering your body of work over 5 seasons (Las Vegas bowl win, 2 CSU W, 1 BYU W, UVA W, one 5-3 MWC finish). The days of spotting you 2-3 thrashings a year have to be over after this year. When a football team plays lights out one week against an eventual top 20 team, and then 9 weeks later gets blasted 50-0, weekly preparations are FLAWED. This offense is the most predictable and bland in the country, period! High school defenses would be able to stop you after halftime. I honestly do not think that is too far fetched. If Cockhill is employeed by the University of Wyoming after December 1st, it is your job that it will eventually cost. The offense has not improved on any level since your arrival, and continues to regress on a weekly basis this season.
Great attitudes and characters can only carry one so far, especially in this business, and patience has to be growing thin at this university.

Very well said, I agree.. I wish they would read posts here.

GO POKES!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

THAT.... is great!! I love it!
ImageImageImageImage