Heard Bohl is cleaning house

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

For crap sake.....Hill is on the Doak Walker list for the best college running back. Taking a redshirt at this point would be a dumb move....especially if he has NFL aspirations. The younger the better for the big league.

Also, in regards to attrition....the guys who left were mostly DC's recruits who didn't buy in. If we do have some wr's decide they want to leave....where are they going to go? Especially if they didn't do what was needed to see the field on a one win (so far) Wyoming team.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

JimmyDimes wrote:For crap sake.....Hill is on the Doak Walker list for the best college running back. Taking a redshirt at this point would be a dumb move....especially if he has NFL aspirations. The younger the better for the big league.

Also, in regards to attrition....the guys who left were mostly DC's recruits who didn't buy in. If we do have some wr's decide they want to leave....where are they going to go? Especially if they didn't do what was needed to see the field on a one win (so far) Wyoming team.
I hope you are correct...on all accounts. Attrition just pisses me off. I would put my foot squarely up my kids' ass if he did something like that.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:First off, sorry Slow for taking my frustrations out on you. If some of our freshman WR's decide to transfer, then good riddance. I hope they don't, but I am sick and tired of kids not honoring their commitments. Maybe not having a WR coach affected the decisions made if they have been made. It is funny how a walkon true freshman could have passed some of our scholarship guys. Maybe that has something to do with the situation too.

I hope Price isn't on the list...he has been the lone bright spot out of the freshman wr's this year.
No Worries.... I don't take any of what is said on here personally. I have a very unique situation that allows me to be pretty close to the program. So for those of you on here that discount what I say and degrade me for saying it........its cool.

For the record......I am not sure I ever said Hill would leave. :cool:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:For crap sake.....Hill is on the Doak Walker list for the best college running back. Taking a redshirt at this point would be a dumb move....especially if he has NFL aspirations. The younger the better for the big league.

I hope you are correct...on all accounts. Attrition just pisses me off. I would put my foot squarely up my kids' ass if he did something like that.
Yup. I hope I can raise my son better. Finish what you start!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:First off, sorry Slow for taking my frustrations out on you. If some of our freshman WR's decide to transfer, then good riddance. I hope they don't, but I am sick and tired of kids not honoring their commitments. Maybe not having a WR coach affected the decisions made if they have been made. It is funny how a walkon true freshman could have passed some of our scholarship guys. Maybe that has something to do with the situation too.

I hope Price isn't on the list...he has been the lone bright spot out of the freshman wr's this year.
Ditto. I still think you are a troll :D

Leprechaun maybe but a Troll? Those things are just plain unattractive, I do have a pot of gold (in terms of info) once in a while.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

Yup. I hope I can raise my son better. Finish what you start!
Many of them see track that Dobson and KONGBO took and think it is the way to go. "Kong" is a freaking beast and the #1 JC RECRUIT in the COUNTRY right now and has offers from 17 different school of the likes of which are Alabama, Auburn, Miss St, Oregon, and Nebraska. Had he stayed in Wyoming he wouldn't have the opportunities he is going to have to go to the league. Dobson knew that he was better than what Wyoming could offer so he transferred and now look at him. SO yo can say what you want but If I was in their shoes I would have done the same thing. Seek out a bigger and better stage.
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

I think that many of the young men expected more when they came here , I do think that they expected more out of the coaching and in turn they are doing the only thing they can , I'm not convinced that it's the small town why they are leaving that's for sure. The ones that left before, are leaving now and after the last game feel like this is the only move that they have left in order to save what they have left of their football in college if it right or not only they know ,but one thing that's for sure is there are alot of problems that need to be addressed for the program .
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Hampshire wrote:I think that many of the young men expected more when they came here , I do think that they expected more out of the coaching and in turn they are doing the only thing they can , I'm not convinced that it's the small town why they are leaving that's for sure. The ones that left before, are leaving now and after the last game feel like this is the only move that they have left in order to save what they have left of their football in college if it right or not only they know ,but one thing that's for sure is there are alot of problems that need to be addressed for the program .
I'm sure the WRs got crappy coaching and that is unfortunate, but it's been announced that a new one would be hired. They are all TRUE freshmen playing behind two experienced players. Why so entitled? Put in your time and you'll reap the rewards.

Transferring is a giant hassle and you're established in the program. Have to learn a new offense, impress new coaches, make new friends etc. if you transfer. And if you're good enough to play in the NFL they will find you. Many players from the MWC get drafted every year so I don't buy the bigger stage will get you into the NFL argument.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

As I've mentioned before, the two names I've heard in regards to the vacant wr coaching position are Ted Gilmore and Javon Bouknight. Both would be excellent coaches. Coaches these young men could learn a lot from.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

Leprechaun maybe but a Troll? Those things are just plain unattractive, I do have a pot of gold (in terms of info) once in a while.
Well, Slow, it seems like you always have a bone to pick with the staff, seems like you are always dumping on Laramie and the University and everything associated with the football program. I've never heard you say a good word and you are constantly bringing up DC. If you are a UW fan or are even hoping for UW to succeed then you have me fooled.

Having said that I do like to hear all opinions/voices. This is a public forum to talk UW sports, after all.

But I want to ask- If you're in such a special position why don't you talk to these kids and encourage them to keep their commitments and put in the work necessary to see the field?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

JimmyDimes wrote:As I've mentioned before, the two names I've heard in regards to the vacant wr coaching position are Ted Gilmore and Javon Bouknight. Both would be excellent coaches. Coaches these young men could learn a lot from.
If it's Bouknight, that may be the best case scenario, and not entirely out of reach either.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

JimmyDimes wrote:As I've mentioned before, the two names I've heard in regards to the vacant wr coaching position are Ted Gilmore and Javon Bouknight. Both would be excellent coaches. Coaches these young men could learn a lot from.
Anybody know what Malcolm Floyd has planned?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

cali2wyo wrote:
Anybody know what Malcolm Floyd has planned?
I assume he'll enjoy his millions
W-Y, Until I Die!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

Well, Slow, it seems like you always have a bone to pick with the staff, seems like you are always dumping on Laramie and the University and everything associated with the football program. I've never heard you say a good word and you are constantly bringing up DC. If you are a UW fan or are even hoping for UW to succeed then you have me fooled.

Having said that I do like to hear all opinions/voices. This is a public forum to talk UW sports, after all.

But I want to ask- If you're in such a special position why don't you talk to these kids and encourage them to keep their commitments and put in the work necessary to see the field?
Well I think why I only have bad news is that I try to get stuff to you that is newsworthy but not necessarily released to the public. I think I have had some good news throughout the years though. I believe I mentioned a few scholarships that were awarded before they were made public as well as a couple other bits of info.

I am not a huge fan of Bohls old school style of play and that has been no secret. I am not really a DC fan but I love the system he ran. So for arguments sake lets just call me a spread guy. I think that parts of what Bohl tries to do is antiquated and will not work in the MW therefore I have been somewhat critical of the whole migration from the spread system.

Finally I didn't say that I am in a "Special" position rather a "Unique" position.I am in no way in a position to tell any of these player what to do or how to act.

-Peace-
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

Well you do not have to prove these kids want out cause they have been leaving and are going to continue to leave . I think alot of it is because of the coaching and not the playing time . We will see what happens the next few weeks I've also heard of a mass existing from players that do not see the program moving foward
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

Well I think why I only have bad news is that I try to get stuff to you that is newsworthy but not necessarily released to the public. I think I have had some good news throughout the years though. I believe I mentioned a few scholarships that were awarded before they were made public as well as a couple other bits of info.

I am not a huge fan of Bohls old school style of play and that has been no secret. I am not really a DC fan but I love the system he ran. So for arguments sake lets just call me a spread guy. I think that parts of what Bohl tries to do is antiquated and will not work in the MW therefore I have been somewhat critical of the whole migration from the spread system.

Finally I didn't say that I am in a "Special" position rather a "Unique" position.I am in no way in a position to tell any of these player what to do or how to act.

-Peace-
Except SDSU runs the same kind of offense (as do most NFL teams), and SDSU is a lock for the conference title game and undefeated in conference. The difference? SDSU has had more than 2 years to switch from the spread to the pro-style offense.

I'll say this; Any offense can be successful, provided it has the right players, good OC, and time to get established.
A year and a half of recruiting is not enough time. His first class will only be juniors going into next year. Vigen, yeah. Said enough on that topic already this season. The players? A good many are freshmen and sophomores. Yet several of them are showing to be some of the best we have ever had, and I doubt they would be as effective in a spread offense. Like Cummings. Only a Sophomore, yet is showing to be one of our better linemen in sometime. Do I even need to mention Hill? Chase Roullier as a junior, according to NFL scouts is one of the best o-linemen right now. Josh Allen for next year looks like a true duel threat QB.
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

Would anyone care for the insight of a former player?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I think the answer is most certainly yes.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Go for it Hokey.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Why not?