Damn loose to Air Farce in BB good cripes

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyNative
Ranch Hand

Never mind they are not not worth the effort.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

mbaye, dermody, and bouedo should not be playing. I know that waddel was out but still very dissappointing to lose to air force. Air force is not a good team. Why is Desmar Jackson not starting and getting more minutes? Very dissappointed in this team. Desmar once again puts up twenty points in twenty minutes. Desmar is our best player. I am also dissappointed in the play of AJ and Luster. Luster played hard but really isnt an offensive threat and can't guard the majority of players on the court. Dermody sucks at three point shooting so why play him? 1-8 is horrible and he isn't great on d.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Cowgirls beat AF 90 to 37 so there is something to smile about anyway.
Portlandpoke
Buckaroo

marcuswyo wrote:mbaye, dermody, and bouedo should not be playing. I know that waddel was out but still very dissappointing to lose to air force. Air force is not a good team. Why is Desmar Jackson not starting and getting more minutes? Very dissappointed in this team. Desmar once again puts up twenty points in twenty minutes. Desmar is our best player. I am also dissappointed in the play of AJ and Luster. Luster played hard but really isnt an offensive threat and can't guard the majority of players on the court. Dermody sucks at three point shooting so why play him? 1-8 is horrible and he isn't great on d.

Marcus, I am not sure how you could be disappointed with davis. He only played for a couple of minutes and was benched. I agree with you on Dermody and Buedo, they are not Division 1 basketball players. h I never thought I would say this but Mcclain was a better game coach than Schroyer. i do not know how Desmar is not in the starting lineup he is our best player(including Afam). Is he blind, deaf or just F%*&%*g dumb. Losing to Air Force, it is time to part ways with this guy. Sure he can recruit but it is irrelevant if he cannot coach them. Disgusting
WyNative
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote:Cowgirls beat AF 90 to 37 so there is something to smile about anyway.

yeh guess all ain't lost I'd say they have a good chance to go to the MWC tourny with 19/20 wins but I would probably jinx them if I did.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

AJ Davis just needs to hang it up for good. Just another example of a player giving a half-ass effort because he thinks he's better than the minutes he is seeing. Welcome to the club AJ. There are hundreds of players in the NCAA feeling the exact same way. If you're going to quit, then at least quit all the way. Either play hard or get the hell out of here.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I am dissappointed in AJ because I believe he could be a very good player. I am dissappointed because he got a chance to start today and didn't make the best of it and seemed to play with out intensity. Maybe thats because he is constantly ing shcroyers dog house.

I agree though schroyer looks to be good as a recruiter but seems to suck as a coach.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

See I don't feel all the problem lies directly on Davis, A great coach can help mediocre players become better and good players become great. However a bad coach can drain the energy out of any player regardless how good they are. Schroyer does not vibe well with Wyoming at all he makes the most inappropriate subs and really seems to drain the energy out of players. Every game that I watch he seems to be yelling at someone, That much negativity just brings a team down as a whole.

Maybe I just see him wrong but if I had a coach around me that was so negative that he was always yelling at a teammate I might not give 150% either I might just be satisfied giving 75% or less.

Compare our Basketball team to Football, The Wyo Football team has been miserable with very little going for them since 04 and this season under a new coach the players played hard and in the end were rewarded, Players aren't going to play hard if the only reward they get is seeing their teammates yelled at all.
WyNative
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote:See I don't feel all the problem lies directly on Davis, A great coach can help mediocre players become better and good players become great. However a bad coach can drain the energy out of any player regardless how good they are. Schroyer does not vibe well with Wyoming at all he makes the most inappropriate subs and really seems to drain the energy out of players. Every game that I watch he seems to be yelling at someone, That much negativity just brings a team down as a whole.

Maybe I just see him wrong but if I had a coach around me that was so negative that he was always yelling at a teammate I might not give 150% either I might just be satisfied giving 75% or less.

Compare our Basketball team to Football, The Wyo Football team has been miserable with very little going for them since 04 and this season under a new coach the players played hard and in the end were rewarded, Players aren't going to play hard if the only reward they get is seeing their teammates yelled at all.

I think you hit the nail dead center.
PL_Julian
Buckaroo

Schroyer is not a good recruiter nor a good coach.

Coach Stewart has brought in the talented kids from Ohio that Schroyer won't play because they aren't Langley's recruits and Langley is the puppetmaster and Schroyer is the puppet.

Schroyer/Langley's guys are the Stoneridge prep guys bought from Boubacar Sy but that pieline is gone because Sy is no longer at SP.

Although I didn't like the way Schroyer treated McLain's players and thought he sold out the program with his petty way of doing things I could somewaht understand it. What I don't understand is the obvious disdain he is showing players brought in by coach Stewart who is on his staff.

While the kids should give effort and play hard for the brown and gold and themselves that is easier said than done when dealing with an arrogane egostiscal coach who breaks them down constantly but doesn't do anythng to build them up.

This team should be playing for the top of the conference but instead they are wallowing at the bottom of the conference.

Just like in any battle good leadership has their subordinants ready to leave it on the line in any circumstance.Poor leadership has their troops (players) ready to frag them.

Well I'll go back to the bushes and watch the excuses continue to be made for these past three years and all the disadvantage Schroyer had to overcome to get where he is today.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

First of all, this is the worst Air force team I've seen in 25 years. They are small, slow, and until today, the worst shooting AF team ever.

As I've posted before, I don't know if Schroyer can coach or not because the talent is the worst I've EVER seen on A Wyo. team. Worse than even Benny Dees last team, which was pathetic. M'baye is not a basketball player. He's always out of position, can't shoot, can't catch, and can't rebound. There is not 1 player on this team that can consistently hit a wide open 10 footer. Other than Waddell, no one on this team other than Jackson goes after rebounds.

The Sylla experiment must end now. It's a lost scholarship and time to move on.

Dermody really shouldn't be out there. His shooting percentage on the road must be lower than a pitcher's batting average. He doesn't rebound and he left 3 point shooters open all over the place in the second half. Ditto that for Buedo. I can't remember when he made a shot other than the csewe game. He brings no discernable skills to the team other than his shooting????

Consider this: We will almost undoubtedly be in the play in game this year. That's 2 out 3 play in games for Heath. Considering we are in a conference with air force, csewe, and tcu, I would have thought that would be impossible.

Here's the sad part: All of these guys will be back next year. Waddell, Muojeke, and Jackson are all we have to build on. They may be good players but the rest of league (at least the top 4 or 5 teams) have players as good if not better plus good bench players and better shooters....far better shooters.

I don't know what the answer is. I know Heath will be back again next year telling us how much he likes the team and how they're coming together. Burman may have to tell Heath or force him to go out and recruit some more JC players. It may or may not work but we cannot stand pat with this nucleus of players.

During Schroyer's first season, I posted that we have our own Dale Layer. I made that post in anger and regretted it. Now, I regret to say that I may have been right.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

Wyo2dal wrote:See I don't feel all the problem lies directly on Davis, A great coach can help mediocre players become better and good players become great. However a bad coach can drain the energy out of any player regardless how good they are. Schroyer does not vibe well with Wyoming at all he makes the most inappropriate subs and really seems to drain the energy out of players. Every game that I watch he seems to be yelling at someone, That much negativity just brings a team down as a whole.

I'll agree that Schroyer is a sub-par coach and needs to be canned ASAP. However, that isn't an excuse to give poor effort. I can't think of any situation where not giving 100% is acceptable. There's a guy on nearly every team in the nation that isn't happy with his playing time. I don't think effort is a reflection on the coach at all. Schroyer has his deficiencies as a coach, but poor player effort falls squarely on the shoulders of the players.

I think most of us would agree that we would never say it was OK for a student to slack off in the classroom because the teacher wasn't high enough qaulity. I'm sure there are many of you here who don't necessarily think your boss is all that great at his job, but I bet you don't do a half-ass job because of that. One should do the best they can no matter what situation they find themselves in. AJ needs to realize that he is going to find himself in similar situations throughout the rest of his life. If he takes the same approach he is taking right now, he's going to have a tough time being very successful in his life.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

TheRealUW wrote: I'll agree that Schroyer is a sub-par coach and needs to be canned ASAP. However, that isn't an excuse to give poor effort. I can't think of any situation where not giving 100% is acceptable. There's a guy on nearly every team in the nation that isn't happy with his playing time. I don't think effort is a reflection on the coach at all. Schroyer has his deficiencies as a coach, but poor player effort falls squarely on the shoulders of the players.

I think most of us would agree that we would never say it was OK for a student to slack off in the classroom because the teacher wasn't high enough qaulity. I'm sure there are many of you here who don't necessarily think your boss is all that great at his job, but I bet you don't do a half-ass job because of that. One should do the best they can no matter what situation they find themselves in. AJ needs to realize that he is going to find himself in similar situations throughout the rest of his life. If he takes the same approach he is taking right now, he's going to have a tough time being very successful in his life.
Effort does fall on the shoulders of the players, they are after all the ones who are on the floor. But they can be giving 100% effort, but lack any motivation. The #1 quality of a good coach is finding a way to motivate his players and get them to believe in him. Only after then can he teach any kind of fundamentals.

I'm sure they're giving it their all. But there's a big difference between the motivation to play good so you don't get subbed out or yelled at ASAP as opposed to the motivation to play good because you believe in the team and want to perform. It's a subtle difference, but it makes a huge difference in the result on the court.
Last edited by calpoke25 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote:Cowgirls beat AF 90 to 37 so there is something to smile about anyway.
Actually the girls scored 98. They put the beat down on a team they should have.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wind River Poke wrote:
Actually the girls scored 98. They put the beat down on a team they should have.
At least we have a good Women's B-Ball Team.