girls hoops

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

Thank goodness with the the bad luck we are having with the boys program (injuries) the girls are still rolling on. Go COWGIRLS!!!!!!
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

Maybe the biggest differnece isn't luck but coaching and commitment of the players to the program.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I honestly believe that you could put Joe in front of the boys for a week and they would be winning the games they have lost. He is an amazing coach who ACTUALLY BELIEVES IN THE PROGRAM and his players
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I think the difference is Joe is respected by the players and still gets the coaching points across - Heath is not respected by all the players and therefore can't connect with coaching some of them. I fully believe some of the players on this team came into this program with the attitude that they knew more about the game than Schroyer does. Maybe that makes Schroyer a bad coach, maybe it doesn't. We have some players that have bought into and respect Schroyer as the coach and have turned into very good players. Maybe a couple of bad apples are spoiling the whole bunch.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

Well, if we have bad apples or we have players who don't respect the coach, the coach is the one ultimately responsible for that because he is the one who brought this characters into the program.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Poke Around wrote:Well, if we have bad apples or we have players who don't respect the coach, the coach is the one ultimately responsible for that because he is the one who brought this characters into the program.

Ultimately I think it does fall on the coach - either blame or accolades.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

TwoTone wrote:I honestly believe that you could put Joe in front of the boys for a week and they would be winning the games they have lost. He is an amazing coach who ACTUALLY BELIEVES IN THE PROGRAM and his players
I would like to agree...but can't. Joe is a very good women's basketball coach. Joe is a very good women's basketball recruiter. Those 2 are much different animals...than the same for men's basketball.

Joe recruits people that can shoot the ball for instance...Heath...well...not so much. Joe coaches a motion offense focusing on open looks from the arc constantly...Heath...well...not so much. Etc., etc., etc.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

WOW...A look at the other board and apparently Legerski is in question. "I'm starting to wonder if Legerski knows how to get this team over the hump."
Not sure what we should be expecting from Joe I guess. This is a very tough conference and a win on the road is priceless. I think the home team is like 18-6 or close to that. That is including half of those road wins at AFA. #1 through #7 are separated by 2 games...I could go on with useless stats.
I guess I am not ready to start to question Legerski any time soon.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Wind River Poke wrote:WOW...A look at the other board and apparently Legerski is in question. "I'm starting to wonder if Legerski knows how to get this team over the hump."
Not sure what we should be expecting from Joe I guess. This is a very tough conference and a win on the road is priceless. I think the home team is like 18-6 or close to that. That is including half of those road wins at AFA. #1 through #7 are separated by 2 games...I could go on with useless stats.
Whomever, wherever is questioning Legerski...is just plain idiotic. Same bastards that probably helped chase off Tiller back in the mid-90's. Somebody needs to tell that pathetic bunch of old bastards to STFU! :nutkick:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

Anyone who wants to run joe off is pathetic, and someone who is definately not a girls hoops fan.
Let's see his team has beaten byu, tcu, and csu in league play so far. Last I checked byu and tcu are tied for the league lead, and csu is the biggest rival we got. I'm not even going to talk about the air force game cause that would be to easy.
I betting the person who wrote that he thinks joe must go only watched the first 10-15 mins of last nites game then turned off his tv cause it was past his bedtime and went to bed remembering just what they had done in those mins. Joe switched up some of the players in the second and almost came back and won the game (and would have but I seen some questionable calls, but I don't blame that on the loss).
If I could give joe one honest opinion this would be it:"Bench randi and let sara play more."
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Wind River Poke wrote:WOW...A look at the other board and apparently Legerski is in question. "I'm starting to wonder if Legerski knows how to get this team over the hump."
While I don't think Joe should be kicked to the curb, he needs to be held accountable just like Heath is. Joe should have everything in place so his teams don't lose to teams with losing records in conference play. His team is much more experienced than the men's team, but is losing games they shouldn't. The NIT is nice, but he needs to show he can win a conference title and NCAA tourney game at this point.
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote:
While I don't think Joe should be kicked to the curb, he needs to be held accountable just like Heath is. Joe should have everything in place so his teams don't lose to teams with losing records in conference play. His team is much more experienced than the men's team, but is losing games they shouldn't. The NIT is nice, but he needs to show he can win a conference title and NCAA tourney game at this point.
Are you kidding me. When was the last time the heath beat a ranked team?? When did his team won a post season game?? I got the boys programs back just as much as anyone else on this board, and anyone else in the whole cowboys nation. Saying this lets get real, when hoops season starts wyo is now a girls hoops school, not a boys. This is true too. Even if you don't want to admit it, you know its true.
Joe is doing just fine