letter to Mr. Burman

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

February 5, 2010

Dear Mr. Burman

As a dedicated fan and lifelong resident of the state of Wyoming, I am writing this letter to you in hopes that you might explain your views and beliefs as to the current state of our men’s basketball program.

I am fully aware that the University of Wyoming and its athletic programs have been a huge part of your life and that you are very knowledgeable of the treasured history that has been built through the years, especially when it involves cowboy basketball. I am also sure that at the time of this letter, you are well aware that the state of Wyoming and surrounding area fan base is highly and extremely concerned with the production and direction of “our” men’s basketball team.

The dwindling attendance is currently at a very alarming rate. As of today, for the first time in the 28 year history of the “AA”, the average attendance is on pace to be less than 5,000 which would make the 2009-10 basketball season an all-time low record. As a true brown and gold fan, this is absolutely unacceptable! I can not and will not put the blame on “fair-weather” fans nor will I put the blame on the talent of the kids on the basketball court. No sir!

The responsibility of the current state of the basketball program lies with the three men that are in charge, President Buchanan, head coach Heath Schroyer and yourself as the athletic director. The decisions that have been made by all three men have deteriorated the basketball program and has created a feeling of apathy around the state of Wyoming and surrounding areas, which is painfully obvious in the disappointing attendance record.

For a very long time, the great fans in this state have been subjected to excuses of, “we are young and inexperienced” or “please be patient because it will get better.” Speaking on behalf of the many Wyoming Cowboy fans, we feel like the time is up. We have been patient and have waited too long, watching our basketball team struggle and sometimes fall to the likes of Monmouth and Hampton which to be brutally honest are inferior teams. It is time to rectify the mistakes that have been made and end the frustration of Cowboy fans everywhere.

Again, Mr. Burman, would you please explain your views and beliefs of the current state of the Wyoming Cowboy men’s basketball program?

Thank you for your time,

Signed,
A group of disappointed and frustrated Cowboy fans
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

i hope you actually sent this to him
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Ill sign
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Three years ago, I was totally convinced it was obvious we needed a coaching change. I guess I am gullible because I felt like we should give Schroyer 3 years to turn this program around. I bought into his plan for success - he got a plan going to straighten out the academic mess and he even recruited some good players. Regardless of what some fans are saying, we had already lost one scholarship and were on the brink of losing more - those are the facts. There were some fans though that were calling for him to be gone before we even got into the conference play the first season. Those fans must have had much better insight into what was coming than I did, because I now think they were right and I was wrong. Schroyer did straighten out the academics and got the scholarship back though - I'll give him that. Here's hoping Burman is putting together a plan with the high standards he set when he brought Dave Christensen to UW.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

<Cough> Billy Gillespie <Cough>
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Casper Star had a comment from him saying "Heath will be our coach next year unless something drastic happens. And I dont see that happening" They both chalked it up to being young. poop
gopokes1399
Blog Team

The sooner Heath is gone the sooner we can get to winning... Oh how I miss Brandon Ewing
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

This might be one of the more amusing things I've seen in a while.
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I joined
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Call me on the fence...fine. But I don't dig the "fire coach X" websites / facebooks / twitters / etc.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Call me on the fence...fine. But I don't dig the "fire coach X" websites / facebooks / twitters / etc.
I have to agree with this. Regardless of how much you don't like the coach, this is just low. There are classier ways to voice your displeasure with the program.
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote:
McPeachy wrote: Call me on the fence...fine. But I don't dig the "fire coach X" websites / facebooks / twitters / etc.
I have to agree with this. Regardless of how much you don't like the coach, this is just low. There are classier ways to voice your displeasure with the program.
Well, when your school gives a coach a raise and an extension after posting a losing conference record, a first round loss to no-name U in no-name post season tourney, and a final RPI of 112....faith in rational decision making is lost. That is when "Fire Coach X" sites are appropriate as the powers that be will sometimes respond to fan disgust when they won't respond to facts.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

hey i didnt make that group! I was the first one to join though hahah
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I joined yesterday
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

I'm on the fence with this one. Great pic of Schroyer though. I like the contrast between the jovial smile and the "fire him".
W-Y, Until I Die!