NDSU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

:D Bison defeat #13 Iowa...life is grand!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

NDSU continues to impress. Like them or not.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Sadly, it means more lakesbison.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I only care in the sense that hopefully that's the type of disciplined, assignment sound, team we will have for many years to come.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

North Dakota State fends off upset bid from upstart Iowa

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/17/12953 ... -fbs-upset
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Same blueprint starting to shape up here...stellar run defense and pass rush, great Olines.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

So who would schedule these guys? They show up to your stadium, kick your ass, and ruin your season. But if you beat them, everyone expects you to, so it's not big news. I'm expecting NDS to soon be getting a million dollar windfall from Oregon when they buyout of their schedued game in a few years.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

The conversation is going to switch soon. I for one will not be shocked if in the near future NDSU makes the jump to FBS... they look like a B10 kind of team....
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:The conversation is going to switch soon. I for one will not be shocked if in the near future NDSU makes the jump to FBS... they look like a B10 kind of team....
Then the question becomes, can they do it week after week?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:The conversation is going to switch soon. I for one will not be shocked if in the near future NDSU makes the jump to FBS... they look like a B10 kind of team....
I agree - great fan base, great coaching, good facilities, JVK likely knows more about their academics than I do, but it looks like they are ripe for the picking by an FBS conference.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

The best they can hope for is the MAC or MW. I don't see them wanting to raise and spend serious $$$ for that.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
billings
Ranch Hand

PokeOLoco wrote:The best they can hope for is the MAC or MW. I don't see them wanting to raise and spend serious $$$ for that.

Add in their President has said they are where they should be and no interest in moving up with all the additional costs involved. They don't own their own stadium and rent from the city of Fargo so expansion is very limited.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I certainly don't think P5 is possible, but I think they could be competitive yearly in the MWC or MAC.

Personally, I've always thought that the Missouri Valley Football Conference should move up to FBS. It's a solid conference. A number of the schools are from the Missouri Valley, one of the top mid-major hoops leagues over the years. The rest are from the Summit League, which is another good hoops league. Blend the two together and I think it's on par with the MAC, at worst.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo