Looking ahead to 2018 schedule

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

We only have three out of conference games on our schedule and will need to find an fbs foe as we already have an fcs team on the schedule. We need a road game and BYU needs a home game. Do you think we could look into doing a home and home with the hated team from Utah?

I know all the reasons we don't like them but I also know why we loved to play and try and beat them. My question is do you think we could work something out and start playing each other again? Bowl Projections of us playing them in a bowl game got me thinking about it.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

f-word BYU. They made their bed, let them sleep in it. Besides, no one left on the team, and maybe even the staff, has a history with them.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

But the fans certainly do and I would love to have a shot at them after we have a few more recruiting cycles. I can see us scheduling someone low profile though as we already have Missouri and Washington state on our ooc schedule that year.

New Mexico State Or Utep look to have openings. I know they don't do much for WYO except fill the schedule but for competitive purposes it wouldn't hurt to schedule a lesser opponent during that season.

Western Michigan also appears to have dates and that is a part of the country we would like to recruit more I believe.

BYU may pay more for us to go there fwiw.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Why do we need a road game?

Schedule another home game if possible. Make that $$$, get those wins!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Any idea what the rules are about how many home games you can schedule? I noticed that next season has scheduled three out of conference home games and four in conference home games. I thought there was a rule against that somewhere. Maybe I'm thinking about scheduling a 13th game if you play at Hawaii.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

No. never
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I'll be in Iowa City.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Iowa City for me Labor Day 2017!!!!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I will be in Iowa city next year.Can not wait for this one!
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand

As long as Holmoe is at BYU & Burman is in place, this never happens.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Any idea what the rules are about how many home games you can schedule? I noticed that next season has scheduled three out of conference home games and four in conference home games. I thought there was a rule against that somewhere. Maybe I'm thinking about scheduling a 13th game if you play at Hawaii.
Plenty of P5 teams have 7 home vs 5 away with all three OOCs at home
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

fromolwyoming wrote:f-word BYU. They made their bed, let them sleep in it. Besides, no one left on the team, and maybe even the staff, has a history with them.
This! The only way I'd schedule BYU is if they did a 2 for 1 (two games in Laramie and one in Provo).
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:Any idea what the rules are about how many home games you can schedule? I noticed that next season has scheduled three out of conference home games and four in conference home games. I thought there was a rule against that somewhere. Maybe I'm thinking about scheduling a 13th game if you play at Hawaii.
Plenty of P5 teams have 7 home vs 5 away with all three OOCs at home
Some even schedule 8 home and only 4 away. See Nebraska 2012. On the other end of the spectrum, Louisiana Monroe used to schedule 4 body bag games and 4 home games. (see their 1994 and '95 seasons)
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote:f-word BYU. They made their bed, let them sleep in it. Besides, no one left on the team, and maybe even the staff, has a history with them.
f-word them. Let them die.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I suppose it's just a challenge to get folks to Laramie without a return game. So I'm assuming we will look for a road game in order to avoid lopsided schedules on the road later.

As far as byu goes I understand the hate and the disgust for the cougars and I know from many byu fans the feeling is mutual and I guess that is why I wish we played. a good rivalry has fan bases that don't like each other.

I don't think it's likely to happen mostly because it doesn't serve byu as they get no recruiting advantage and wyoming would demand a home and home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lakesbison
Cowpoke

NDSU already gave you guys/Bohl a blue print on how to win at İowa!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

lakesbison wrote:NDSU already gave you guys/Bohl a blue print on how to win at İowa!
NDSU didn't give us a damn thing. We took Bohl from you. You didn't voluntarily give him up because you felt sorry for us. In fact, the majority of your board was cursing his name when he left.

Keep the next one warm. We might have to come back and steal another one of your coaches.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.