Chandler Garrett Transferring?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Dino is on twitter saying Chandler is transferring to a juco. Haven't seen anyone else reporting this.. Hope it's not true.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

With Allen only being a sophomore and absolutely tearing it up, it wouldn't be a huge surprise, even though it obviously sucks. Best of luck to him if it is indeed true.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote:With Allen only being a sophomore and absolutely tearing it up, it wouldn't be a huge surprise, even though it obviously sucks. Best of luck to him if it is indeed true.
Exactly. Just need to find a replacement now if it's true.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:With Allen only being a sophomore and absolutely tearing it up, it wouldn't be a huge surprise, even though it obviously sucks. Best of luck to him if it is indeed true.
Didn't he redshirt this year though? So he would be two classes behind Allen.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Have absolutely no problem with him transferring but the timing of the announcement is just wrong.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Dino is backtracking. Guessing it's true but Dino jumped the gun with the announcement
https://twitter.com/POKESRADIOSHOW/stat ... 8703888384
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Pokeme101
Buckaroo

We have 2 other capable freshman quarterbacks. I believe 1 is a 2 star just like Garrett. Vigen and Bohl will develop 1 of them. They've proven they can pick them right just like Allen.
Pokeme101
Buckaroo

We have 2 other freshman QB'S that are capable. I believe one is even a 2 star like Garrett. Vigen and Bohl will develop one of them. They know how to find them. Look at Allen.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Removed the back and forth, please stay on topic, and please keep from killing each other on the boards with clutter and personal attacks.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That sucks. I thought he would be a smooth transition from Allen in a few years.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Like it was mentioned above... If he wants to transfer, you have your agency. Timing was awful. Awful awful awful. Come on Garrett, couldn't wait two weeks?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Those who stay will be champions!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

I guess sitting three years and possibly starting for two wasn't his cup of tea?

Josh getting a medical makes chandler wait another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
303cowboy
Cowpoke

I wish this guy nothing but the best. QBs transferring around seems to be the new norm in college football. Having said that, Im really disappointed. For some reason I was really excited for this kid. I get that he didn't want to wait 3 years to start but in football you're only an injury away from starting. Carson Wentz sat a few years behind Brock Jensen and I'd say it worked out ok for him.

But hey, with the way this season is going we might attract more talented kids to the program and Bohl and company can mold them into something special.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Too bad, but with the year we (and Allen) are having we might be able to reign in somebody better. Best of luck to the kid. That's a long time to wait, but it would have paid off for him. Have to remember these guys are 18. I transferred schools as well, and ended up at UW.. one of the best decisions of my life.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

PokeOLoco wrote:Too bad, but with the year we (and Allen) are having we might be able to reign in somebody better. Best of luck to the kid. That's a long time to wait, but it would have paid off for him. Have to remember these guys are 18. I transferred schools as well, and ended up at UW.. one of the best decisions of my life.
Good points. I also have to wonder what the other side says, and what the behind the scenes reasoning is. Always 2 sides, and it certainly could be a multitude of things (playing time, grades, girlfriend, homesick, skill set evaluations, sickness / health, coach relationships, roster pipeline, writing on the wall - ie Aaron Young LMAO, etc.).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
PokeOLoco wrote:Too bad, but with the year we (and Allen) are having we might be able to reign in somebody better. Best of luck to the kid. That's a long time to wait, but it would have paid off for him. Have to remember these guys are 18. I transferred schools as well, and ended up at UW.. one of the best decisions of my life.
Good points. I also have to wonder what the other side says, and what the behind the scenes reasoning is. Always 2 sides, and it certainly could be a multitude of things (playing time, grades, girlfriend, homesick, skill set evaluations, sickness / health, coach relationships, roster pipeline, writing on the wall - ie Aaron Young LMAO, etc.).
I really hope it's something like that and not another Jonathan Kongbo situation.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Dang it. I was excited to see Chandler on the field eventually. If he really is the poop then two more years of riding the pine is a long time to wait.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: I really hope it's something like that and not another Jonathan Kongbo situation.
It was well known that Kongbo was our best defensive player and had huge upside. Not saying that isn't the case here with Garrett, but I haven't heard anything saying he is totally amazing at practice and he thinks Wyoming is holding him back like Kongbo...