my take on expansion

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

Here's how I'm seeing it all unfold. First nebraska and mizzou head to the big 10. Then texas and texas a/m bolt to the pac 10. The oklahoma schools sensing the doom of the big 12 get invited into the sec. After all of this happening very quickly the mwc grabs both kansas school and nevada (not boise). Colorado, iowa st, baylor, tex tech will all fall to lower conferences.
The mwc north- wyo, csu, af, byu, utah, nevada
The mwc south- kstate, ku, nmex, unlv, sdsu, tcu
Kind of a good deal for the mwc if you ask me!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

As good a take as any. However, nevada is an absolute laughing stock. I don't love boise either but to to take the nwp over boise would be nuts!
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

Nevada is a way better basketball school normally then boise. To add the kansas schools one would have to kinda look in that direction.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

sdpoke wrote:Nevada is a way better basketball school normally then boise. To add the kansas schools one would have to kinda look in that direction.
However, football is the driving force behind college athletics and money. UNR's football program is a joke outside of conference play. BSU would make much more sense to be a part of a North division, and has a very consistent football team.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Does anyone have a good reason why in the world the Big Ten would expand beyond one more team? I am very curious as to what advantage more teams would bring. By adding one more team, they would have 12 teams which would give them a conference championship and thus more $$$. However, any extra teams after 12 is just further dividing the money they are getting. I realize the idea of "getting the New York market", but adding Rutgers won't do that and I dont think adding Syracuse is the answer either.

So having ruled out that, why would the Big Ten go beyond 12 teams??? Anyone?
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

Because the big 10 thinks its so much better then anyone it can do whatever it wants. I hope it all unfolds like my first post (you can argue for boise if you want) and the big 12 goes down the poop.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

sdpoke wrote:Because the big 10 thinks its so much better then anyone it can do whatever it wants. I hope it all unfolds like my first post (you can argue for boise if you want) and the big 12 goes down the poop.
You might get your wish. The Big 12 north schools aren't too thrilled with Texas and Oklahoma.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

On the MWC Board there is a huge buildup to next month and what is going to happen, my take on expansion this summer.....

(Crickets chirping)

(More crickets)

(More)

I don't doubt some kind of expansion is in the works, but most of this is a bunch of BS.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Everybody seems to think there will be a MASSIVE conference re-alignment across many conferences. Has this ever happened before? I don't think so. My observation is that changes have been small and incremental.
Would I like to see big scale changes? Absolutely. That is what keeps things interesting.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Been liked: 45 times

I think the Big Ten is ONLY "inviting" Missouri, Nebraska, AND Rutgers just to force Notre Damr to join.

Basically it's a game of playing chicken. The only question is who blinks first: Big Ten or Notre Dame.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 106 times

Big Ten commish came out today and said that the four invites that were reportedly given out are bs. He said that nothing will even begin to happen until after their meetings next week, and that expansion is "extremely unlikely".