All Conference Teams

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Logan Wilson Freshman of the year, Bohl coach of the year.

Hill, Hollister, Roullier, Wingard 1st team

Allen, Gentry, May 2nd team
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

Based on stats, I see why Rypien got the nod. On value? Allen should have been first team hands down. Glad to see Hill got 1st team.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wacha also gets honorable mention.

Here's the release from the league:

http://www.themwc.com/news/mountain-wes ... 11-28-2016
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

How in the holy f-word did Rypien make 1st team over Allen!?!?! Apparently being the best player on the best team means nothing.....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

Wow. That's some poop about Allen getting 2nd team. Rypien can't hold Allen's jock.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:How in the holy f-word did Rypien make 1st team over Allen!?!?! Apparently being the best player on the best team means nothing.....
Are the Pokes the best team? Most objective measures would say BSU was better by a pretty significant margin. We won the head to head and earned our title game appearance with the better division record, but their body of work was more impressive.

Really, between Hill/McNichols and Rypien/Allen there were going to be two very deserving players relegated to the 2nd team. It turned out to be Allen and McNichols. Frankly I thought it would be the opposite as I thought Allen would beat out Rypien and McNichols would beat out Hill. All are worthy.

The surprise for me is Wingard at Safety and May as KR. From a Wyoming centric point of view, Gentry is the other player that was worthy of a first team.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I was more surprised by Hill as first team. He deserves it but so did mcnichols and pumphrey andI thought those two would end up in firs and wouldn't have complained.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

NowherePoke wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:How in the holy f-word did Rypien make 1st team over Allen!?!?! Apparently being the best player on the best team means nothing.....
Are the Pokes the best team? Most objective measures would say BSU was better by a pretty significant margin. We won the head to head and earned our title game appearance with the better division record, but their body of work was more impressive.

Really, between Hill/McNichols and Rypien/Allen there were going to be two very deserving players relegated to the 2nd team. It turned out to be Allen and McNichols. Frankly I thought it would be the opposite as I thought Allen would beat out Rypien and McNichols would beat out Hill. All are worthy.

The surprise for me is Wingard at Safety and May as KR. From a Wyoming centric point of view, Gentry is the other player that was worthy of a first team.
Oh, the BSU fans on the MWC board are getting up in arms about Hill being first team.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote:

I guess, to me, yes Wyoming is the best team. We had the hardest schedule in the conference and are playing in the conference championship. Along the way we beat AF, USU, BSU, SDSU, and CSU. All games we were serious underdogs in. I would say that yes, we are the best team in the conference.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:

Oh, the BSU fans on the MWC board are getting up in arms about Hill being first team.
I could see hill being left off before Allen. Allen was the best offensive player in the league this year...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Anyway, congrats to all the Pokes who got honors! Most accolades we've gotten in many, many years. Go, Pokes!
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Cool to have the freshman of the year, and really fricken cool that he's an in-state guy!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Just noticed no Appleby. Should have been at least honorable mention
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:Just noticed no Appleby. Should have been at least honorable mention
I totally agree with that :thumb:
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Yeaaaaaaaaa Coach Bohl and Brian Hill!!!!!!!!!!! and everyone else but those are my 2 faves!!
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Cuttslam wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Just noticed no Appleby. Should have been at least honorable mention
I totally agree with that :thumb:
Posters from other schools on the other board were suggesting he get Def POY. To not even get honorable mention is crazy.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I can see why Allen was second team, as Boise's QB pretty much beat him in every statistical category, they're ranked higher than us, etc. I think it may have come down to interceptions, as Allen had so many more, even if they were in one game. If I had to pick a QB to lead my team right now, I'd pick Allen.

The surprise to me was our punter not even receiving an Honorable mention. A punter basically has one job, to come in when the O can't move the ball and put the other team in the worse field position possible. Wood dropped more balls inside the 20 than either of these guys, never fumbled or had a punt blocked. They averaged a few more yards per punt, but if you have more field to work with and aren't trying to drop as many inside the 20, you're going to get more yards. I thought of Wood as our secret weapon all year. Especially against Boise when he put 4 of 5 punts inside the 20, and the one that wasn't inside the 20 was a 51 yard punt. Their average starting point was at the 11 yard line.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Allen was definitely more deserving than Rypien despite the stats. But McNichols should have been a lock for 1st team. Wyoming fans can't be too upset with Boise getting the nod at QB when we robbed them at RB

There definitely should've been 3 1st team RB's though...
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

NowherePoke wrote:

I agree with this.

I don't have any problem with Rypien getting first team. Don't really see the need for anyone to bitch since we got Hill on 1st team. I thought Hill might get 2nd team but since they gave us that then I won't complain about Allen not getting first team.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….