Pac-16?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

ImageImageImageImage
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1090747

That's a big conference!

Great Chocolate Jesus, there are soooooo many scenarios going on right now. I think I'll just go fishing until this is all over and everything is settled. The MWC board is in total meltdown.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

When isn't it in total meltdown? :) We should work on melting down over here.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:When isn't it in total meltdown? :) We should work on melting down over here.
ROFLOL That stupid board has always been on meltdown mode. :rofl: It's why I stopped going there about 2-3 years ago.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:When isn't it in total meltdown? :) We should work on melting down over here.
ROFLOL That stupid board has always been on meltdown mode. :rofl: It's why I stopped going there about 2-3 years ago.
How are the people of Oklahoma reacting to the rumors that they may soon be in the PAC 10? Boise St. fans are about to go on suicide watch with all the rumors going on. MrTitleist - you may get to see the Cowboys more often if we wind up in the same conference with Montana & Montana St. or back in the WAC.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I would love to see Wyoming come to Missoula. I feel so lonely wearing brown and gold to Griz games. :)

I'm guessing more likely scenario is Montana to the WAC, Wyoming stays in the MWC, they rig up some home and home's, and life is good.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
How are the people of Oklahoma reacting to the rumors that they may soon be in the PAC 10? Boise St. fans are about to go on suicide watch with all the rumors going on. MrTitleist - you may get to see the Cowboys more often if we wind up in the same conference with Montana & Montana St. or back in the WAC.
Several sportswriters down here love the idea of moving to the PAC-10.

I've studied this stuff since 1991 so....

My guess IF PAC-10 does become the PAC-16.....

It benefits the MWC the most.

1. We'll add Boise State. Done deal in my opinion.
2. After PAC-10 raids the Big 12, the SEC will grab 4 schools (mostly Big Eat schools) . One school they'll add is TCU.
3. After TCU hi-tails it, the MWC will try to add the 2 of the 4 leftover Big 12 schools (K-State, Iowa State, Baylor, and either Mizzu or Kansas). My guess: the Kansas schools will get invited if KU doesn't go to the Big Ten along with Nebraska and Missouri.
4. If the Kansas schools say no then, my guess is the MWC will finish off the WAC by adding Fresno, Nevada, and Hawaii. Houston will probably be added to the SEC along with TCU.
4. With the "death" of the Big 12, the MWC will get the automatic BCS spot and the Big 12's spot in the Fiesta Bowl which would be ironic since the WAC's first bowl tie-in for it's champion was the Fiesta Bowl in the early '70s.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:I'm guessing more likely scenario is Montana to the WAC, Wyoming stays in the MWC, they rig up some home and home's, and life is good.
Isn't there a state law there that requires both schools to be in the same conference at ALL times? I do do know Washington and Oklahoma does have similar laws about this.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Okie is the Rain Man of WAC football.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wyokie wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:I'm guessing more likely scenario is Montana to the WAC, Wyoming stays in the MWC, they rig up some home and home's, and life is good.
Isn't there a state law there that requires both schools to be in the same conference at ALL times? I do do know Washington and Oklahoma does have similar laws about this.
I couldn't tell you for sure.. I've heard both ways.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
I couldn't tell you for sure.. I've heard both ways.
If true, Montana isn't moving up. I've heard Montana State is dead set against moving up.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:Okie is the Rain Man of WAC football.
LOL Whatta you mean by that? :?

I've followed the history of all of this realignment stuff since 1990 when Penn State was invited to the Big 10 to start play in 1993 and when Fresno State got picked to join the WAC in 1990 to start WAC play in 1992.

Conference realignment is my # passion in my life.

# 2 is all things WYOMING

# 1 drop dead gorgeous women in tiny little thong bikinis. Extra points if they have fake ta-tas. :D
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

http://twitter.com/kbohls

There's a fun Twitter acct to scroll through. A Big 12 guy gauges this at 60/40.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:http://twitter.com/kbohls

There's a fun Twitter acct to scroll through. A Big 12 guy gauges this at 60/40.
Interesting. I'd say it's a 70/30 shot it'll happen.

As I said before, if this rumor is true it'll benefit the Mountain West more than any of us could thought possible.