2016 Wyoming Football Articles/Videos/Tweets

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

The Bond Between a QB and WR: Allen & Gentry (KTWOSports)

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Nulph column: Best thing about Wyoming football is its youth (WyoSports.net)

Joe Tiller was the coach of that team before heading for Purdue when it was over.

Tiller, despite the acrimonious ending in Laramie, had such a soft spot for the Cowboy State that he settled in the northwest part of the state upon retiring from coaching.

Talking with the former Cowboys coach last week about UW’s return to a conference championship game for the first time since 1996, he had nothing but glowing things to say about current coach Craig Bohl, the team and the direction of the program.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 0a517.html

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

R.I.P. blue spruces! It always makes my heart sting a bit when a tree in town has to go (because they take so long to grow and provide so much benefit), but these are making way for a better cause :thumb:
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
R.I.P. blue spruces! It always makes my heart sting a bit when a tree in town has to go (because they take so long to grow and provide so much benefit), but these are making way for a better cause :thumb:
i will miss them....i wlways thought it was pretty cool that our players ran onto the field from a little forest
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming hopes to find balance in bowl preparations (trib.com)

“I feel like all of our guys are pretty down right now, including myself,” senior tight end Jacob Hollister said on a teleconference Sunday, still within the 24-hour timeframe. “But you know, when it comes to the bowl game, it’s nice having kind of that extra couple weeks to prepare. Kind of like having a bye week, but even more.

“So it’ll definitely be nice having more time to prepare for them, and I know we’ll feel good going into the game.”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 7d2c4.html

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
i will miss them....i wlways thought it was pretty cool that our players ran onto the field from a little forest
Are theses trees being transplanted or sent to the fireplace?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
whyoh wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
I think it's almost impossible to transplant a tree larger than about 20-25 ft (this would be considered a massive transplant in arborculture). I wish we could have saved them somehow, but the new building will look fantastic.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/806276576576995328 ESPN Press Release (12/6/2017):

Wed, Dec. 21, 9 p.m. San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl:
BYU vs. Wyoming (ESPN and ESPN Radio)

TV: Jason Benetti, Kelly Stouffer, Paul Carcaterra

Radio: Bill Rosinski, David Norrie, Ian Fitzsimmons

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-relea ... 12/179886/
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

POKE FAN wrote:TV: Jason Benetti, Kelly Stouffer, Paul Carcaterra
Isn't Kelly Stouffer a former Fort Fart QB?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
Yes, he is.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

POKE FAN wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Yes, he is.
Thanks. Knew his name looked familiar.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming football ramps up recruiting efforts after regular season (trib.com)

"Certainly, for us to be able to say we’re playing BYU in the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego has piqued a lot of interest," Bohl said. "In fact, I just walked out of a home just a couple minutes ago, and he knew. He watched (Saturday) night’s game and saw how we played, and he knows who we’re playing.

"The level of interest from prospects out there certainly increased playing in a visible bowl game like this."

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 92ba1.html

elfletcho
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote:
whyoh wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
I think it's almost impossible to transplant a tree larger than about 20-25 ft (this would be considered a massive transplant in arborculture). I wish we could have saved them somehow, but the new building will look fantastic.
About half of those trees has a pretty bad case of pine scale. They weren't looking real good the closer you got to them. They were nice trees but the building going in their place will be even nicer.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

elfletcho wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
whyoh wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
About half of those trees has a pretty bad case of pine scale. They weren't looking real good the closer you got to them. They were nice trees but the building going in their place will be even nicer.
Yup. Blue spruce primarily grow in very close proximity to streams and rivers. High altitude riparian environments. These trees were not getting enough water and were planted too close together. Look at the trees in the other end zone, they look much healthier b/c they're close to some irrigated grass. Blue spruce need their room and should not ever be planted close together or in clumps. I really like trees, btw :geek: