Utah to Pac 11 for sure?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

I posted below that it may be a done deal. But after seeing possible divisions - part of me questions whether some of the Pac-10 teams will want to go to a "two-sided" conference and risk not seeing USC, UCLA or the other current big dogs every year? Folks in Corvallis depend on those big games. It probably still happens, but who really knows?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

With how all this conference expansion is shaping up and going down, I have a very, very bad feeling about how the University of Wyoming and to a lesser extent the MWC will come out of this. It is looking more & more like Utah may go to the PAC 11/12 and BYU and AF to the rebuilding Big 12. That takes us back to 8, but can we count BSU for a year? If not, that makes 7. You have to have 8 to be a conference. We may soon be in the conference with Montana & Montana St. or else the WAC. I think I'll go have a beer or two. :brick:
http://twitter.com/1049thehorn
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

WYCowboy wrote:With how all this conference expansion is shaping up and going down, I have a very, very bad feeling about how the University of Wyoming and to a lesser extent the MWC will come out of this. It is looking more & more like Utah may go to the PAC 11/12 and BYU and AF to the rebuilding Big 12. That takes us back to 8, but can we count BSU for a year? If not, that makes 7. You have to have 8 to be a conference. We may soon be in the conference with Montana & Montana St. or else the WAC. I think I'll go have a beer or two. :brick:
http://twitter.com/1049thehorn
According to a couple articles on the MWC board, the Big 12 will remain at 10 (for now at least).
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Seriously! The MWC is on the verge of becoming one of the top conferences right now, why would any of them leave? The MWC and the schools know the leverage that they hold. And honestly it seems to be quite stronger than the PAC-10 or the Big 12. I just don't see any of the MWC teams leaving, especially after adding Boise st. I think that the majority of this crap is coming from people in the media just vying for a story.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Utah leaving would nullify adding Boise State. In fact, Utah brings more to the table than Boise, so they're really not even a back-up plan. It would be disappointing to see them leave.. and that much more difficult for the MWC to get auto-qualifier status.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:Utah leaving would nullify adding Boise State. In fact, Utah brings more to the table than Boise, so they're really not even a back-up plan. It would be disappointing to see them leave.. and that much more difficult for the MWC to get auto-qualifier status.
As I was saying on facebook with you, if we lose Utah we're royally screwed!!!!

Damned you, Texas! :brick: :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Utah won't leave without BYU and i don't see the PAC-10 taking the two of them. Utah isn't worried about tv revenue, they have money floating around from winning bowls 9 years straight.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

My Hawaii friends are hell bent on this happening....

BYU and TCU to the Big 12
Utah to the PAC-11
and a merger of MWC with the WAC with Montana and Portland State joining the party.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

kansasCowboy wrote:Utah won't leave without BYU and i don't see the PAC-10 taking the two of them. Utah isn't worried about tv revenue, they have money floating around from winning bowls 9 years straight.

That is not true. Utah would go to the PAC 11 without BYU in a heartbeat. BYU would more than likely go to the BIG 10/11/12 if they got an invite.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I highly doubt they leave. For one neither school qualifies academically to go to the PAC-10 (CU barely did). And I just don't see Utah and BYU leaving teams they've been with for decades. But then again, this is all just our opinions. no proof. We don't know what the Presidents and AD's are actually thinking. Then, like I said earlier, the MWC programs know what they have in this conference, and on top of that, revenue continues to go up! So why leave an up and coming conference with all your rival teams in it? I just don't see it happening.
lloydie
Buckaroo

Colorado is the one that put the knot in the works, why should they go to the Pac 10. They have not been a power in years! They should be in the MWC? They have 2 natural rivals in Wyoming and Colorado State?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

lolPortland State.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Welcome lloydie! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:lolPortland State.
That's what they are saying on Sports Hawaii. Plus, one of the guys on there said that the morons on the Boise State message boards are saying Utah to the PAC-10 is a done deal.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Guys! quit getting worked up, Two days ago everyone was saying that Texas and all of the South Big 12 was a done deal to the PAC-10,but, not happening. So some mediocre Joe in Hawaii is saying Utah is a done deal to the PAC-10. How does he know? Really! I think everyone needs to sit back and chill. Watch and see. Everyone is getting worked up and emotional and it's making some great rumors. Sit back and chill, Watch, enjoy. The MWC is in a good place right now.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wyokie wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:lolPortland State.
That's what they are saying on Sports Hawaii. Plus, one of the guys on there said that the morons on the Boise State message boards are saying Utah to the PAC-10 is a done deal.
Isn't one of the Sports Hawaii guys also the admin at the PSU forum? PSU.. hilarious. They're not even relevant in their own city, much less in another conference.
ImageImageImageImage
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

some of you are eating too much magic expansion pudding. Utah may leave, but that will be it.

Portland State? That my friend is a Hawaii want-a-be scenerio with a little prior exclusion bad blood thrown in for good measure.

Funny stuff.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

All I will say is IF the Big 12 (now 10) decides to stay at 10 (for the time being) and the Pac 10 (now 11) decides to stay at 11 (for the time being), the MWC will stay at 10 and we will be ok (and maybe even get an AQ). IF not, things could get bad.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Financially, Utah would be nuts not to accept a Pac10 offer. The Pac10, unlike the Big12, is a revenue sharing conference. A move for Utah would mean really big bucks and would create logical North-South Pac10(12) divisions for which to compete for a conference championship playoff. Conclusion: Utah moves if asked.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Personally, I don't think Utah goes. I believe this is why Boise State was invited when they were. Thompson saw the dominoes falling, and I think invited BSU in order to prevent any current members leaving. BSU virtually guarantees AQ status to the BCS, and I believe Thompson has agreement from current MWC members to stay. I have no proof, not even any rumors to back that up, just a personal belief. Plus, much like Texas and A&M, I don't see Utah going anywhere without BYU.

GO POKES!