War Memorial lights????

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoWrestler44
Buckaroo

Why are the stadium lights on all the damn time? The university has enough money to have them on when nothing is happening in the stadium? Maybe they could keep programs they're cutting or not raise tuition if they only turned the lights on for actual events. I know, I know... crazy talk!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

WyoWrestler44 wrote:Why are the stadium lights on all the damn time? The university has enough money to have them on when nothing is happening in the stadium? Maybe they could keep programs they're cutting or not raise tuition if they only turned the lights on for actual events. I know, I know... crazy talk!
There's an official visit going on right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

BAM! dunked on!

Stop complaining!
WyoWrestler44
Buckaroo

"Official" visit. Whatever. They must have an official visit all the time. That's like saying the university watering the sidewalk all summer will make them grow.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

They've had lots of kids visiting lately. Maybe they want them to walk out there under the lights. I know the pics the kids take always has the scoreboard lit up behind them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

If you want to impress the recruits, do what some of these schools have done:

UNC:

Baylor:

Houston:

Arkansas:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

It's possible other teams are using the stadium for practice too.. running stairs, etc.
ImageImageImageImage
dapokes
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:38 pm It's possible other teams are using the stadium for practice too.. running stairs, etc.
Wait....Titleist...

Might you be referring to the Wrestlers? Hmm

WyoWrestler44 getting put on a poster on this thread. Some people live to complain about anything.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

UW has turned the lights on for visiting recruits for at least 15 years, this is nothing new.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

WyoWrestler44 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:34 pm Why are the stadium lights on all the damn time? The university has enough money to have them on when nothing is happening in the stadium? Maybe they could keep programs they're cutting or not raise tuition if they only turned the lights on for actual events. I know, I know... crazy talk!
In all honesty, is this a serious post? Sorry if I cam missing the sarcasm. If it is, sorry for being facetious, but...

That light bill is peanuts. For example, sounds like the people who say, "Stop spending money on parking lot snow removal and use that money for assistant coaches." Different buckets of money, earmarked for different purposes. Those lights running have little to no affect on tuition... and pennies of an overall budget.

Your tuition increase has nothing to do with the lights running at The War. Tuition increases are from what is called Welcome to 2017.

It wouldn't be lit if there wasn't something going on. Someone do some research and find out what utility bill is. I would be interested to know for fun.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Ever hear of a vampire load, LOL