There’s no way we beat anyone save San Jose...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

And that’s a huge maybe. So depressing. No way Edwards can survive this, right?
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 pm And that’s a huge maybe. So depressing. No way Edwards can survive this, right?
Knowing Burman's history, he'll probably give Edwards a raise and an extension.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 pm No way Edwards can survive this, right?
He, thanks to Burman, may be the only one that does. Because he has an excuse. He won't have one next year. Neither will Burman.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:54 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 pm No way Edwards can survive this, right?
He, thanks to Burman, may be the only one that does. Because he has an excuse. He won't have one next year. Neither will Burman.
There's more to it than the attrition they've experienced this year with a lot of young players having to step into starting roles. There's the loss of still-eligible experienced players last season as well as what appears to be, at least to anyone watching him on the sideline, Edwards' capitulation to the season. A good coach, no matter how steep the odds, always has his players' backs. A never-say-die attitude, no matter how futile it may appear is requisite to the coaching position, especially the head coaching position.

Going from 20+ wins in back-to-back seasons to what we have now is a challenge to anyone's character. I'm not sure Edwards is rising to it.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:18 pm
There's more to it than the attrition they've experienced this year with a lot of young players having to step into starting roles. There's the loss of still-eligible experienced players last season as well as what appears to be, at least to anyone watching him on the sideline, Edwards' capitulation to the season. A good coach, no matter how steep the odds, always has his players' backs. A never-say-die attitude, no matter how futile it may appear is requisite to the coaching position, especially the head coaching position.

Going from 20+ wins in back-to-back seasons to what we have now is a challenge to anyone's character. I'm not sure Edwards is rising to it.
I've been doing better things with my time than watching this team. Is the Edwards sideline stuff overblown or not?
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:54 pm

I've been doing better things with my time than watching this team. Is the Edwards sideline stuff overblown or not?
Body language is hard to hide, and he's not even trying. His whole demeanor screams 1939 French Lieutenant.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Winning the CBI, regardless how bad this season will be, bought AE a few years I'm afraid, Burman may turn up the heat next year, but still...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

stymeman wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:09 pm Burman may turn up the heat next year, but still...
One could also think, that if this continues, it is a blessing in disguise -- Burman will HAVE TO do something or lose what credibility he has (if he has any left)
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:04 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Body language is hard to hide, and he's not even trying. His whole demeanor screams 1939 French Lieutenant.
As an historian, that last line cracks me up. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

You don't have to know that the guy has never brought in a big guy. You don't have to know that the team is terrible. You don't have to know much at all. Just watch that guy and his #1 assistant coach and deal with his players and you will know they have to fire him.

It's not a choice