Air Force covers over the team with wooden hands...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I assume our receivers practice catching footballs... and the QBs practice throwing them....

Valladay is so dinged up, no shade to him for suiting up and limping out there week after week.

Chambers is the gamer we need, especially with basically ALL the running backs injured.

We finally ran out of gas this game, Howdy Doody went for the jugular at the end and hit it.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

GOWYO wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:04 pm I assume our receivers practice catching footballs... and the QBs practice throwing them....

Valladay is so dinged up, no shade to him for suiting up and limping out there week after week.

Chambers is the gamer we need, especially with basically ALL the running backs injured.

We finally ran out of gas this game, Howdy Doody went for the jugular at the end and hit it.
Considering Williams threw for 32 TDs (and 3,239 yards) and ran for another 16 as a senior in high school, I have a feeling he should know how to throw the ball unless somebody has taught him bad habits in the past few months.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:09 pm
GOWYO wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:04 pm I assume our receivers practice catching footballs... and the QBs practice throwing them....

Considering Williams threw for 32 TDs (and 3,239 yards) and ran for another 16 as a senior in high school, I have a feeling he should know how to throw the ball unless somebody has taught him bad habits in the past few months.
We have an interesting proposition for next year. I believe Levi is probably the QB we need. Not quite as dynamic as Sean on the ground. I believe his passing skills will be superior and he’s good enough running to get 1st downs and open things up for the RB. The question is, who could win more games next year? If we still suck at WR, we’d probably be better off using Sean and Levi. If there’s hope at WR. I’d say Levi could be the one. He’s shown quite a bit of poise and the moment didn’t seem to bother him. I think we all see that Levi has “it”, but so does Sean. If Sean could throw with touch and a decent completion %, he’d be an animal
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Doesn’t matter how good Chambers is if he can’t stay on the field. His greatest asset, his legs, have led him to season ending injuries two straight years. If he cannot learn to impact the game with his arm, he will not lead us to anything of note. He needs to stay healthy and won’t if he’s always going to be run first.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:24 pm Doesn’t matter how good Chambers is if he can’t stay on the field. His greatest asset, his legs, have led him to season ending injuries two straight years. If he cannot learn to impact the game with his arm, he will not lead us to anything of note. He needs to stay healthy and won’t if he’s always going to be run first.
How healthy will Levi stay running as much as he does? We need at least 2, if not 3 qbs, to run this style of offense.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Why couldb't our WRs catch the ball today?

Levi is going to be an EXCELLENT QB. I wouldn't mind running a two QB system with him and sean
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:24 pm Doesn’t matter how good Chambers is if he can’t stay on the field. His greatest asset, his legs, have led him to season ending injuries two straight years. If he cannot learn to impact the game with his arm, he will not lead us to anything of note. He needs to stay healthy and won’t if he’s always going to be run first.
How healthy will Levi stay running as much as he does? We need at least 2, if not 3 qbs, to run this style of offense.
Not very healthy. These QBs need to be able to impact the game with their arms so opposing defenses respect them and don’t drop 8-9-10 people into the box and pin their ears back to stop the run. Creates opportunities to get your QB creamed. I’d like to see them not get hit 10-15 times a game
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:49 pm Why couldb't our WRs catch the ball today?

Levi is going to be an EXCELLENT QB. I wouldn't mind running a two QB system with him and sean
Considering Okwoli's still out there, that's definitely one reason for fewer catches. I'm amazed he actually held on to one.

Levi's interception is also the classic thing that happens when you run, run, and then you're forced into passing on third and long. Everybody knew what was coming, and Fejedelem took advantage.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:05 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:49 pm Why couldb't our WRs catch the ball today?

Considering Okwoli's still out there, that's definitely one reason for fewer catches. I'm amazed he actually held on to one.

Levi's interception is also the classic thing that happens when you run, run, and then you're forced into passing on third and long. Everybody knew what was coming, and Fejedelem took advantage.
I don't understand your point. The pass hit Conway in the hands. It wasn't thrown hard, or behind him, or too high. Teams get 1st down on 3d and long frequently. Maybe we don't, but I've seen lots of teams do it.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:45 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:05 pm

I don't understand your point. The pass hit Conway in the hands. It wasn't thrown hard, or behind him, or too high. Teams get 1st down on 3d and long frequently. Maybe we don't, but I've seen lots of teams do it.
It was more to the point that when everybody knows the pass is coming, the defense can focus more on catching the ball, even if it happens to be on a deflection. On a third and two, the secondary will be equally worried about a runner as they are of a receiver, if that makes sense?

And to be fair, third and long is a fairly long shot regardless of whether you're in college or the NFL:
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat- ... ted-points