Arizona Bowl vs. Georgia State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:53 am
303cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:40 am Booked plane tickets. Anyone know where the team hotel will be?
I believe it's also in the "Bowl Ticket Update" thread, but the team hotel is the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.
Hotel is super nice. I've stayed ther before, but it's a craptastic location over 10 miles from the stadium and all the downtown NYE events. Aloft and the Uiniversity Park Marriott are both very nice hotels within walking distance to the stadium and a short ride to downtown.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

They have a poor run defense. POKES should be able to move the ball. Taking POKES to cover!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Tucson is exponentially better than Boise.
Georgia Southern St or whatever is well.....whatever.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:36 pm Tucson is exponentially better than Boise.
I like the location and I actually like the opponent too. Chambers won't be playing so I bet we see a heavy dose of true freshman Levi Williams. Additionally, it is possible that we have all of our running backs back (Smith, Swen and Valladay). Georgia State is 116 out of 130 FBS teams in run defense...and most of its games are against the Sun Belt! What better way to work Williams into a bowl game environment as an inexperienced freshman than being able to get things going on the ground.

Get a bowl game win and get the momentum going into next year!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

PokeTransplant wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:06 pm Love the location...hate the opponent.

Year 6 of Bohl Ball and we get powerhouse GA. sTate to show how awesome we are as a program...

Oh yay...they beat Tenn who is probably on the coaching carousal again...

Let's see if Vegan can find anything other than some lame ass tasteless tofu-esque answer to the juggernaut that GState will bring on D.....

Apparently, this is where competing for conference championship get you according to some....
You can say the exact same thing about UW. Oh yay...they beat Mizzou who is on the couching carousal again....
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I sure hope we see a lot more of Levi. If not, it’s a waste. We’ve seen a lot of TVW, let’s see the kid and figure out where he’s at.
W-Y, Until I Die!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:22 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:53 am
303cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:40 am Booked plane tickets. Anyone know where the team hotel will be?
I believe it's also in the "Bowl Ticket Update" thread, but the team hotel is the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.
Hotel is super nice. I've stayed ther before, but it's a craptastic location over 10 miles from the stadium and all the downtown NYE events. Aloft and the Uiniversity Park Marriott are both very nice hotels within walking distance to the stadium and a short ride to downtown.
I just called ventana Canyon. They are completely sold out. The lady at the travel agency said Wyoming has also sold out their other hotel. It looks like it's going to be an amazing turnout.
Wyomingisgreat1
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:57 pm
cowpoke pride wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:36 pm Tucson is exponentially better than Boise.
I like the location and I actually like the opponent too. Chambers won't be playing so I bet we see a heavy dose of true freshman Levi Williams. Additionally, it is possible that we have all of our running backs back (Smith, Swen and Valladay). Georgia State is 116 out of 130 FBS teams in run defense...and most of its games are against the Sun Belt! What better way to work Williams into a bowl game environment as an inexperienced freshman than being able to get things going on the ground.

Get a bowl game win and get the momentum going into next year!

Smith is done for the year and is going to try to get a medical redshirt according to the RB coach and 7220.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I hope Swen is back for the game
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:06 pm Love the location...hate the opponent.

Year 6 of Bohl Ball and we get powerhouse GA. sTate to show how awesome we are as a program...

Oh yay...they beat Tenn who is probably on the coaching carousal again...

Let's see if Vegan can find anything other than some lame ass tasteless tofu-esque answer to the juggernaut that GState will bring on D.....

Apparently, this is where competing for conference championship get you according to some....
What a peach you are. Might've set a record on ....'s!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:37 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:47 am GA State is beatable.
True. It happened 5 time this year.
Lol, I'm glad we won. Needed the bowl win.