Clemson Owes Wyoming $1.1 Million For Backing Out of 2021 Game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

If true, WYO's 2021 non-conference schedule includes Montana State, No. Illinois, Ball State and....... UCONN? :?

303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I heard this about a week before the Arizona Bowl game, cuz Bohl doesn't recruit the Southeast, etc, its too bad i wanted to go to this one, slaughter or not...again Power five 1 lesser haves 0 as always
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

We're just setting the table to go undefeated :cool:
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Whoa-O take the money and run.

Hoo hoo hoo.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

Saw this coming years ago. I knew Wyoming would never play at Clemson when the contract was first announced in the early 2010s I believe.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Wyokie wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:13 am Saw this coming years ago. I knew Wyoming would never play at Clemson when the contract was first announced in the early 2010s I believe.
Clemson wasn't CLEMSON back then. They were just an average ACC program. No one could have predicted they would become the monster they are now.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

While we are bummed as fans because I was really looking forward to being on a National network against a powerhouse, this is great news for the team and I am sure Bohl and Burman were thrilled. Going to Clemson currently is the definition of a body bag game. So not only does Wyoming get out of the game, it gets money for doing so.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

To be the best you gotta play the best! Although a long shot to win I still would have loved to see this game happen. Burman has done a great job with scheduling, we have to give him credit for that. Mizzou, Texas, Utah. Wyo will still get some opportunities to play and hopefully win against quality P5 opponents.
I'm good for 3!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Do we get a trip to Miami, stay tuned
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

That’s a nice payout for Wyoming. Plus now they can schedule another “body bag” game and get more money. Georgia cancelled the game with SJSU in 2021 in order to play Clemson and has to pay $1.8 million. SJSU announced a game with USC today to replace it and will probably get over $1 Million to play that game as well. Wyoming should do the same thing.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Spartanmike15 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:38 pm That’s a nice payout for Wyoming. Plus now they can schedule another “body bag” game and get more money. Georgia cancelled the game with SJSU in 2021 in order to play Clemson and has to pay $1.8 million. SJSU announced a game with USC today to replace it and will probably get over $1 Million to play that game as well. Wyoming should do the same thing.
Wyoming is going to UConn instead of Clemson. If that game were this year, UW would probably be favored. So, no body bag.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

So tired of these fb posts people saying Clemson is scared, NO we saved ourselves from a major butt whoopin and injuries, move along
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

stymeman wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:59 pm So tired of these fb posts people saying Clemson is scared, NO we saved ourselves from a major butt whoopin and injuries, move along
Let's hope the team doesn't think the same way you do. As a player I always wanted a chance to play the best competition. I doubt Clemson was scared but you never know, if everything went perfect you'd like to think an upset is possible.
I'm good for 3!