Spring Football - Unlikely

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:15 pm There is some good to this. We are going to learn alot about keeping the economy going when people can't go into the office.

We are also going to learn how to stop a pandemic before its critical - like the spanish flu.

And maybe, just somehow, we can figure out how to reel in the media to keep people from buying all the toilet paper and water.
I went to a small grocery store in our neighborhood today, they had plenty of food, but the toilet paper aisle was empty. So, why toilet paper? I don't understand the need to hoard toilet paper when they aren't buying food to eat.
Last edited by CowboyNV on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

The toilet paper thing is strange, but it's feeding on itself. Our school district and three counties in Washington state just closed school for six weeks. My wife sent me immediately to get toilet paper because it's hard to find. I found a week's worth. People are buying it because it's rare. It's a self feeding blackhole. This sucks. I'm gonna have to file FMLA so that I can keep my employment.

Daycares have shut their doors. Restaurants closing. They are talking about bringing in the national guard to assist... Which also means a lockdown, all poop aside.

I told my son that our house is our fort, we have to man the fort and keep things clean... For six weeks! No visitors, strict discipline, at least we have Netflix and an Xbox.

It is gonna be a strange at home camping trip
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:29 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:23 am If only society cared about Heart Disease or Obesity or curing cancer as much as they do for 2020's flavor of the month apocalyptic virus scare....
I mean, we spend a crap ton of money on those already and they also don't spread from person to person, so that's a pretty terrible comparison.

Why worry about the plague when people are dying from traffic accidents?

Are you saying we shouldn't attempt preventing the spread of something that currently has a 3.5% mortality rate? It spreads very similar to the flu, which 30-50 Million people a year get in the United States. Thankfully, the normal flu has a very low mortality rate.

But there's also the secondary concern... 20% of those getting COVID-19 get hospitalized, which means a full-blown spread will kill more Cancer and Heart patients that now won't have access to healthcare.

Once again, I'm not advocating panic. I'm just saying that maybe limiting large conferences and sporting events isn't a dumb idea.
I guarantee that mortality rate is inflated by about a factor of 10
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

CowboyNV wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:25 pm
WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:15 pm There is some good to this. We are going to learn alot about keeping the economy going when people can't go into the office.

We are also going to learn how to stop a pandemic before its critical - like the spanish flu.

And maybe, just somehow, we can figure out how to reel in the media to keep people from buying all the toilet paper and water.
I went to a small grocery store in our neighborhood today, they had plenty of food, but the toilet paper isle was empty. So, why toilet paper? I don't understand the need to hoard toilet paper when they aren't buying food to eat.
Right??? There is a rumor going around (its false) that all toilet paper is made in china and they are going to stop producing it because (all there workers are sick?? cant import, whatever). Toilet paper will become unavailable.

I'm pretty sure Georgia Pacific still manufactures toilet paper in the USA. We probably do import some. But it doesn't deserve this reaction.

Get the rumor going that all cars are manufactured in china, and i bet you couldn't buy a new car within a week. Same with clean water - "all clean water is made in china and shipped to the us."

Its weird. But this is the spooky part of things. All you got to do is get a rumor going saying "X will not be available shortly. Why? Coronavirus. The shelves will be empty of that item soon."

There are also people taking advantage of this - its like stock pumping. But assets in some product; market product like it won't be there tomorrow; wait till everyone buys it up. Sell asset at large profit.

I really feel bad for ppl that are out of toilet paper right now and can't find any. Its just stupid.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

carbonpoke wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:53 pm The toilet paper thing is strange, but it's feeding on itself. Our school district and three counties in Washington state just closed school for six weeks. My wife sent me immediately to get toilet paper because it's hard to find. I found a week's worth. People are buying it because it's rare. It's a self feeding blackhole. This sucks. I'm gonna have to file FMLA so that I can keep my employment.

Daycares have shut their doors. Restaurants closing. They are talking about bringing in the national guard to assist... Which also means a lockdown, all poop aside.

I told my son that our house is our fort, we have to man the fort and keep things clean... For six weeks! No visitors, strict discipline, at least we have Netflix and an Xbox.

It is gonna be a strange at home camping trip
I hear ya. What has people worried is the R0 number or "R Naught".

Virus - How many people would an infected person infect?
Covid-19 2-3.11 (could change rapidly -its early on)
Zika 3-6.6
Measles 11-18
Ebola 2
HIV 3.6
Influenza/Flu 1.3
Norovirus 1.5

Considering that its transport methods are the same as influenza, and the fact that the deadliness of the disease is quite a bit higher, its easy to see why officials are worried about this.

Nobody knows the long term affects of this virus either. You get better - but are you a carrier? Are you more susceptible to cancer? Etc etc.

Its still early on. But taking the proper precautions should greatly eliminate your chances of getting it. At the end of the day, I think this thing will get contained. Unfortunately, we have to go to extreme measures to do it.

There are nearly 50 million americans over the age 60 right now. 370 million in this country total. We could lose alot more people from this virus than we did in the civil war (actuall numbers) or (adjusted numbers).

This is not a good thing. It can be taken care of. Nobody needs to make a run and buy the stores out of everything. It can be contained. We have the internet for f-word sake. If you do the math, yeah, we have to have our helthcare folks there - and they should be able to handle getting sick (unless they are in a vulnerable class). The biggest thing we can do is isolate from each other. You can't get sick if your not exposed.

Let me repeat that. You can't get sick if your not exposed. The more people your not exposed to - the better.

We all have stuff we have to do that involves other people. If you can't do it virtually, and have to do it in person, well, wash your hands, cough into your elbow, and try not to touch anything in public. If your in a vulernable population, do your best to stay home even more.

A virus can't spread if your not there to receive it.

ANyways, goodluck, godspeed.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

So all these colleges are sending kids home to infect their much older, more susceptible parents/grandparents? Meanwhile they are probably out partying and/or at the bars celebrating an extra week of no class with big groups of people before they head home to infect their parents. People need to take a step back and think
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wife just told me there is no toilet paper to be found in Laramie. Also, food was looking bare at the grocery stores and it's getting hard to find Tylenol and Advil. People are losing thier damn minds
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:05 pm Wife just told me there is no toilet paper to found in Laramie.
Obvious solution: Don't defecate. But then you will end up being like most politicians -- full of ...
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Jesus Christ. Our judicial system is even shutting down. No juries, no trials... The train of normal life and economy is grinding to a stop.

What I hope, is the feds mandate a mortgage payment stall.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Lander poke, I am seriously curious why u went to your grandparents house during spring break? 98% of Wyoming was skiing and drinking,or beaching and drinking, or Vegas and drinking when I went there. Only one locale would I have seen my grand parents ( let alone alone my parents). You think they’d love seeing me beer bonging 5 Miller lites and making out with a stripper all with in 15 minutes?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Had a thought since a few of our Wyoming football players could get drafted into the NFL....will the draft be postponed due to this stupid fear of the coronavirus :roll: ?

And yes it's a jackass fear! I blame the media and the Democrats!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:20 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:05 pm Wife just told me there is no toilet paper to found in Laramie.
Obvious solution: Don't defecate. But then you will end up being like most politicians -- full of ...
All you dry wipers freaking out while I’m sitting on a heated seat getting my butthole blasted with warm water. I’ll have a bidet for the rest of my life.
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

The toilet paper thing is psychological. Sometimes, when people are put into situations where they’re afraid and can’t do much about it, they find an unusual outlet to make them feel like they’re helping themselves. In this case, people are buying toilet paper based on hearing about people buying toilet paper. It’s dumb and unfortunate for people that actually need it.

Fortunately, my wife buys hoards of goods when they’re on a really good sale. We had of 20 packages before this mess. Best of luck for those hunting...
Last edited by J-Bone on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:40 am All you dry wipers freaking out while I’m sitting on a heated seat getting my butthole blasted with warm water. I’ll have a bidet for the rest of my life.
I still find the concept uncomfortable, but everybody I know who has one swears by it. Does it have a water tank that's always heated or something?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:46 pm And yes it's a jackass fear! I blame the media and the Democrats!!!!!
Lizard-Hillary and the Democrats definitely control the international organization WHO and their thousands of affiliated scientists. Pretty sure the headquarters are on the Moon and not in Switzerland.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:02 am
Wyokie wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:46 pm And yes it's a jackass fear! I blame the media and the Democrats!!!!!
Lizard-Hillary and the Democrats definitely control the international organization WHO and their thousands of affiliated scientists. Pretty sure the headquarters are on the Moon and not in Switzerland.
I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic, but the Democrats are definitely trying to make political hay out of the situation.

Just yesterday, Democrats added a bunch of pet projects to the COVID bill, including abortion, guaranteeing it won’t pass. This will all get blamed on Trump.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

J-Bone wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:56 am Just yesterday, Democrats added a bunch of pet projects to the COVID bill, including abortion, guaranteeing it won’t pass. This will all get blamed on Trump.
I'm just curious exactly what that was. The White House claimed changes to the Violence Against Women Act could open up federal funds to abortion, but nobody's specified how? The existing Supreme Court decisions would not allow for this to happen...
J-Bone
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:27 pm
J-Bone wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:56 am Just yesterday, Democrats added a bunch of pet projects to the COVID bill, including abortion, guaranteeing it won’t pass. This will all get blamed on Trump.
I'm just curious exactly what that was. The White House claimed changes to the Violence Against Women Act could open up federal funds to abortion, but nobody's specified how? The existing Supreme Court decisions would not allow for this to happen...
It shouldn’t be in the COVID bill in the first place.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

J-Bone wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:56 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:02 am
I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic, but the Democrats are definitely trying to make political hay out of the situation.

Just yesterday, Democrats added a bunch of pet projects to the COVID bill, including abortion, guaranteeing it won’t pass. This will all get blamed on Trump.
Of course he's being sarcastic. And of course the Democrats are doing this sort of thing. Just like the Republicans would be doing if a Dem were in the White House. It's your standard bipartisan poop. To stand by one side and pretend the other side wouldn't do the same thing (not saying that's what you are doing), is extremely far-sighted.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

J-Bone wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:50 pm It shouldn’t be in the COVID bill in the first place.
That's not how legislation works. VAWA guarantees certain healthcare provisions (like a person (not necessarily a woman) who has been subjected to the deed violence is guaranteed to get medical care from persons of the same the deed if that's what they wish for), which means any emergency healthcare-related bill needs to deal with fulfilling those provisions.

Anything that could potentially mess with those provisions need to be dealt with, which is why language pertaining to other legislation often gets included in any given bill.

I still haven't been able to find how on earth this could funnel money to abortion, but maybe somebody else has had better luck.