Thank you Mr. Burman

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

He makes a lot of sense here and at least gives the vibe that they might be looking at options no matter how bleak it looks. I'd be pissed if something is feasible but other presidents said no. Also great point about AF eligibility.

http://www.webstercountycitizen.com/spo ... d7336.html
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I'm wondering if he's wrong on eligibility? Has anyone seen anything on how the NCAA will handle eligibility in the case of spring football? We assume it just shifts to spring but haven't seen an announcement. If you play a few games in fall and play in the spring does that count as 2 years? If so, his AF answer is wrong. For example if a freshman plays in the cic games and in the spring, they only have 2 years of eligibility left.

WYO should still be practicing. There is nothing that says you can't practice even if season is shifted to Spring.

Nebraska, AF, Army, Navy, Liberty, Penn State, Michigan, maybe NMSU or some combination and do home and home. Keep practicing and keep exploring.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:43 am I'm wondering if he's wrong on eligibility? Has anyone seen anything on how the NCAA will handle eligibility in the case of spring football? We assume it just shifts to spring but haven't seen an announcement. If you play a few games in fall and play in the spring does that count as 2 years? If so, his AF answer is wrong. For example if a freshman plays in the cic games and in the spring, they only have 2 years of eligibility left.

WYO should still be practicing. There is nothing that says you can't practice even if season is shifted to Spring.

Nebraska, AF, Army, Navy, Liberty, Penn State, Michigan, maybe NMSU or some combination and do home and home. Keep practicing and keep exploring.
In a normal scenario, an athlete has 5 years (10 semesters) to play 4 seasons. Obviously this is not a normal scenario, so that throws everything into disarray until the NCAA makes a ruling on what would happen with eligibility.

As for practicing, there is no point in practicing right now. Maybe later in the fall when we get a better idea on if there will be a spring football season (IMO there won't be), or if we have to wait until next fall to see football games again.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:02 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:43 am I'm wondering if he's wrong on eligibility? Has anyone seen anything on how the NCAA will handle eligibility in the case of spring football? We assume it just shifts to spring but haven't seen an announcement. If you play a few games in fall and play in the spring does that count as 2 years? If so, his AF answer is wrong. For example if a freshman plays in the cic games and in the spring, they only have 2 years of eligibility left.

In a normal scenario, an athlete has 5 years (10 semesters) to play 4 seasons. Obviously this is not a normal scenario, so that throws everything into disarray until the NCAA makes a ruling on what would happen with eligibility.

As for practicing, there is no point in practicing right now. Maybe later in the fall when we get a better idea on if there will be a spring football season (IMO there won't be), or if we have to wait until next fall to see football games again.
When you got two young QB's and a QB competition? I think getting in as many reps as you can would be a good thing. Sure it isn't game reps, but with Chambers coming back from injury and Levi being young I still see this as an opportunity to get some more development in before whenever we see games begin. Not to mention more time for the defense to work with the new defensive coordinator. I think this is even more so with the loss of most of the spring workouts and practice. I think as long as practice is allowed, it is worth doing. Does anyone know if the MWC suspending the season puts a restriction on practice or does that come from the NCAA?
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Nebraska is no longer going to attempt a season. B10 shut them down pretty quick.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

marcuswyo wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pm Nebraska is no longer going to attempt a season. B10 shut them down pretty quick.
Wonder how pissed off Scott Frost is. :rofl: :rofl:

The Huskers really had no choice. Leave even for one year and forfeit both your membership and, what, $51 million in t.v. money.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Expat_Poke wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:50 am

When you got two young QB's and a QB competition? I think getting in as many reps as you can would be a good thing. Sure it isn't game reps, but with Chambers coming back from injury and Levi being young I still see this as an opportunity to get some more development in before whenever we see games begin. Not to mention more time for the defense to work with the new defensive coordinator. I think this is even more so with the loss of most of the spring workouts and practice. I think as long as practice is allowed, it is worth doing. Does anyone know if the MWC suspending the season puts a restriction on practice or does that come from the NCAA?
You make some good points. I agree, there are certainly some advantages to practicing. But UW practices very physically. The risk of practicing now would be risking injury when you don't know if we are playing in the spring or next fall, something that I'm sure the players aren't too keen on. Just last week at Louisville, the players refused to practice 1 day because they didn't want to risk injury if there wasn't going to be a season.

Now I get it, it's football, injuries happen. But at this point, I'd think holding off for at least a few weeks, letting them get into school, and if we know more about spring vs fall, then start practicing.

To answer your question. The MWC statement just says suspending competitions and events, nothing about practicing. NCAA is supposed to make a statement tomorrow. May mention eligibility issues and practice restrictions/allowances.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:30 am
Expat_Poke wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:50 am

You make some good points. I agree, there are certainly some advantages to practicing. But UW practices very physically. The risk of practicing now would be risking injury when you don't know if we are playing in the spring or next fall, something that I'm sure the players aren't too keen on. Just last week at Louisville, the players refused to practice 1 day because they didn't want to risk injury if there wasn't going to be a season.

Now I get it, it's football, injuries happen. But at this point, I'd think holding off for at least a few weeks, letting them get into school, and if we know more about spring vs fall, then start practicing.

To answer your question. The MWC statement just says suspending competitions and events, nothing about practicing. NCAA is supposed to make a statement tomorrow. May mention eligibility issues and practice restrictions/allowances.
I really hope our players don't have the attitude of those Louisville players. There will be a season at some point and the more time practicing and preparing the better you will be when that season comes. Do nothing, and you will atrophy physically and mentally increasing risk of injury upon return. If the players want to compete for the conference, need to keep at it. I would understand limiting the physical contact similar to the beginning of spring and fall practices. It is a crummy situation, but the developing and conditioning is supposed to be one of Bohl and Company strengths (I think it is look at Granderson for example). Use this time as best able. This could turn into an advantage for Wyoming if in essence Wyoming gets one "free" year or even "free" 6 months to develop the players.

I could see doing the weight room and conditioning right now for a few weeks as school starts, but any sustained significant time through the fall not practicing would have me nervous about losing ground. Anyone know what is Bohl's plan for practice/not practicing this fall? I like Bohl and and trust him to not sit around and do nothing and defer to his judgement on this in the end.

EDIT - found this in an article today, makes enough sense to me:
Fall athletes will still be able to practice and work out 20 hours per week, though football is currently on pause as coach Craig Bohl devises a plan for moving forward. COVID-19 testing will continue for athletes, though its frequency is still being determined as the university itself creates its testing plan for all students. Athletes will also have access to their meal/nutrition plans, though it will be scaled back.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand

Here is a link:

Without football, Wyoming could lose $8-15 million in revenue

Some good info about season ticket refunds, practice, and the current situation in general. I get being frustrated over this, but this is mostly out of Burman's and the University President's hands.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

If/when MWC starts bleeding teams, I wonder how strict they'll be about forcing teams to not play.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:30 pm If/when MWC starts bleeding teams, I wonder how strict they'll be about forcing teams to not play.

I hope you don't have any children. Why? Because your pretty useless in the grand order of things. Guess what is up next? (you don't know - because your a dumb ass trying to rape little girls in the moment. Hah - your probably not trying to do that - but you still suck. I hope you toughen up some day. If you don't it happens. Regardless, your a big f-word pussy.

I hope you toughen up. At the end of the day, we still want you around.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:28 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:30 pm If/when MWC starts bleeding teams, I wonder how strict they'll be about forcing teams to not play.

I hope you don't have any children. Why? Because your pretty useless in the grand order of things. Guess what is up next? (you don't know - because your a dumb A$$ trying to rape little girls in the moment. Hah - your probably not trying to do that - but you still suck. I hope you toughen up some day. If you don't it happens. Regardless, your a big f##k[#] pussy.

Drinking or other?

Either way, I'm your huckleberry. Say when or where? I won't wear a mask, but will gladly test your theory.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

You lazy f-word. Don't have much to say outside of you just being a "lazy f-word."

Glad your lazy - you lazy f-word. Thats all your worth. And you've done a great job of being useless.

f-word off you lazy f-word.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:58 pm

You lazy [#]f##k. Don't have much to say outside of you just being a "lazy [#]f##k."

Glad your lazy - you lazy [#]f##k. Thats all your worth. And you've done a great job of being useless.

[#]f##k off you lazy f##k[#].
PM. Would love to catch up.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:57 pm

I hope you don't have any children. Why? Because your pretty useless in the grand order of things. Guess what is up next? (you don't know - because your a dumb A$$ trying to rape little girls in the moment. Hah - your probably not trying to do that - but you still suck. I hope you toughen up some day. If you don't it happens. Regardless, your a big f##k[#] pussy.

Drinking or other?

Either way, I'm your huckleberry. Say when or where? I won't wear a mask, but will gladly test your theory.
Suck a big fat dick. Thats what your supposed to do. In the mean time, I gotta get some water over here.

Your a useless, lazy, peice of poop. You have nothing.

I wish you weren't so f-word stupid.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:03 pm

Drinking or other?

Suck a big fat dick. Thats what your supposed to do. In the mean time, I gotta get some water over here.

Your a useless, lazy, peice of Sh#t. You have nothing.

I wish you weren't so f##k[#] stupid.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:03 pm

Drinking or other?

Your a useless, lazy, peice of Sh#t. You have nothing.

I wish you weren't so f##k[#] stupid.
Looking forward to a road trip. Let me know.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

f-word off you lazy f-word.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

:ugeek:
WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:06 pm [#]f##k off you lazy f##k[#].
Some people just talk. Have a good night. If you change your mind let me know.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Gotta love keyboard warriors, lol, lowest form on earth.