Fire Vigen!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Enough is enough. He’s a poop coach. How many years does this guy get
Cowpoke99
Buckaroo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

We say this every year but it will never happen. I guess now it's time to try to get excited for basketball season.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

The ONLY way we can get rid of Vigen is to fire Bohl!!!! That's it.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

I would say fire Jay as well. This Defense is said
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Vigen pulled his head out. Run up the middle is..... BAD
Cactus
Buckaroo
Has liked: 4 times

Vigen for President!!
Cowpoke99
Buckaroo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

I dont understand Vigen. He sucks for 3 quarters every game then by the 4th quarter he realizes he's gonna be fired if he doesn't open up the offense
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Well, on the most critical possession he dials up run it up the gut on 1st and 2nd down. He’s a joke
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

The guy’s a born loser
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I think the nice thing about Vigen is that when we're behind three scores, he shows our players actually know how to play offense... and then when it's tied he goes back to what's not working at all again. And same in OT.

I'm really proud of how our team came together to rally, and the kicker had one hell of a game... but it so hurts knowing it could've been different.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

The defense didn’t exactly play well either. Gave up 400 yards passing.
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:28 pm The defense didn’t exactly play well either. Gave up 400 yards passing.
The defense gets a pass this game. First game for the new staff and there are several starters who opted out for the year.

Vigen's 7th year and he still has not learned how to call plays when it matters.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Team truly wasn't ready and it showed the coaches didn't have em ready. Must turn it around against Hawaii next week, on a Friday??? Time will tell, but looks like a looong season in the making, unfortunately
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

stymeman wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:41 pm Team truly wasn't ready and it showed the coaches didn't have em ready. Must turn it around against Hawaii next week, on a Friday??? Time will tell, but looks like a looong season in the making, unfortunately
You could be right...I really think that having Chambers go out like that was a gut punch that took everybody out of it for most of three quarters... Stuff like that is tough. I expect the playbook to be pretty much thrown out now that Levi will be under center. If they play like this next game I'll have been wrong... But I'm betting we come out a lot more dynamic.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I think a lot about our defense will depend on whether Crall gets back soon or not. He just adds so much experience and toughness to that D-Line, and he has a knack for getting to the quarterback again and again. Even if he doesn't gets sacks every time, it sure helps our secondary when their QB has less time to be accurate.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Nature is healing....
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

307bball wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 pm
stymeman wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:41 pm Team truly wasn't ready and it showed the coaches didn't have em ready. Must turn it around against Hawaii next week, on a Friday??? Time will tell, but looks like a looong season in the making, unfortunately
You could be right...I really think that having Chambers go out like that was a gut punch that took everybody out of it for most of three quarters... Stuff like that is tough. I expect the playbook to be pretty much thrown out now that Levi will be under center. If they play like this next game I'll have been wrong... But I'm betting we come out a lot more dynamic.
This is true, but every coach and player knew that Williams was going to get in the game even with Chambers healthy. Not like we didn't know his skill set or have anything drawn up for him. Much as I hate CBS Sports, they correctly pointed this out, as well as noting over and over again how we weren't sticking with the things that were actually successful. Aaron Murray was slamming our decision making over and over, so credit to him. It's not just us fans on the internet.

Sure our season dramatically changed on the 3rd play of the season, but to me that game was pretty much identical to the all the ones we lost last year. Defense gets put in a terrible spot by being on the field the entire first half, gets gashed through the air but makes some plays to keep it close enough. We open up the playbook and come back, only to turn conservative again and lose. Rinse and repeat .

I believe we are short on offensive weapons, again. We would be lucky to have just one of the pass catchers that Nevada has. That being said, it is clear that we have the talent to be a better offense than we were in the first half. There's no dispute about that. Only question is whether the staff swallows their pride puts us in a position to actually do it. Sadly I think we know the answer.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

7 years of Vigen pulling this crap. When he actually bothers to open up the playbook, suddenly we can move the ball and score points. But he only does that for 1-2 quarters a game. The rest of the time, well, "another 3 runs up the gut for a net gain of 1 yard!"

I think we all agree its incredibly frustrating.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Vanilla is truly getting old and tiresome, new things, new plays, most teams do mix it up at times