AF Game Cancelled

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Bummer.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

This season had so much potential. Let's hope this is the only game cancelled.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

phxpoke wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:27 pm This season had so much potential. Let's hope this is the only game cancelled.
That potential died when we lost to Nevada and lost Chambers for the year.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Too many colds?
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:43 pmToo many colds?
Trivializing something that 200,000+ people have died from in under a year so far is uncalled for.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Am I the only one who is less enthusiastic about this year? Like it feels like it doesn’t really count or is just a big mulligan?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:13 am Like it feels like it doesn’t really count or is just a big mulligan?
My understanding is that, as far as player eligibility goes, it really doesn't count - if a player has 3 years eligibility now, he will still have 3 years eligibility in the 2021 season. Is this correct?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:33 pm
Trivializing something that 200,000+ people have died from in under a year so far is uncalled for.
For most people, it isn't all that big of a deal to get it. My friend who's a pro golfer was pretty damn annoyed with all the talk about harder restrictions in Sweden too... and then he got it and was hospitalized a few weeks ago. He may have permanent scarring on his lungs now, which is less than ideal. Not that golf is super strenuous, but the guy relies on being in good shape still and spends a lot of time in the gym for somebody closing in on 50.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:30 am
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:13 am Like it feels like it doesn’t really count or is just a big mulligan?
My understanding is that, as far as player eligibility goes, it really doesn't count - if a player has 3 years eligibility now, he will still have 3 years eligibility in the 2021 season. Is this correct?
Yes, as far as eligibility is concerned, this season never happened.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:34 pm
Safe bet Michigan fans will be happy about that. LOL
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:33 am
For most people, it isn't all that big of a deal to get it. My friend who's a pro golfer was pretty damn annoyed with all the talk about harder restrictions in Sweden too... and then he got it and was hospitalized a few weeks ago. He may have permanent scarring on his lungs now, which is less than ideal. Not that golf is super strenuous, but the guy relies on being in good shape still and spends a lot of time in the gym for somebody closing in on 50.
I had it. It was not fun. I felt like hell for over a week. Far worse than a cold. Far worse than the flu. 44 years old. Other than being a bit heavy, no other comorbidities. Fortunately it did not get into my lungs. Others are more fortunate and don't have any issues. I can see how older folks and those with other issues are being hammered by it.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:57 pm
Haha, Michigan, Penn State, LSU...their are quite a few programs that decided to "take the year off".
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Since I love history, I did some research. The last time Wyoming DID NOT play Air Force was in 1979.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Wyom ... tball_team

AFA wasn't a member of the WAC until 1980.

OOC games that year were: @ Washington, @ Northwestern (I do believe we were their only win that year), Richmond (in Laramie), UNLV (in Laramie), and Arkansas State (in Laramie). Since we played the Bows in Honolulu that year we were allowed to play a 12th game. Finished 4-8 that season
USU78
Buckaroo

So ... we're a go, right?

Trying to decide whether I need to launder my mourning clothes.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:09 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:33 am
I had it. It was not fun. I felt like hell for over a week. Far worse than a cold. Far worse than the flu. 44 years old. Other than being a bit heavy, no other comorbidities. Fortunately it did not get into my lungs. Others are more fortunate and don't have any issues. I can see how older folks and those with other issues are being hammered by it.
The problem I see is the testing is poop and we have conflated positive tests with the actual illness. Ragtime has spoken to this and anything over 30 cycles is poop and everyone knows it’s poop yet it’s still allowed to happen. This inflates the positives and we quarantine people who are not sick and people who’ve been around that person who is not sick. Elon Musk recently lamented that 2 of his 4 tests showed negative and 2 showed positive. One of the smartest dudes around knows it poop.

I’ve had some pretty bad colds that provably weren’t colds when my lungs hurt and it hurt to cough for over a week. I’ve not heard from anyone that it’s worse than some of my bad “colds” I’ve had in my life. Your description sounds like a bad cold. Everyone else I know that actually got sick after testing positive (not many) had the sniffles. Jamie from Rogan had it and was fine after like two days. It’s not that big of a deal. No worse than what happens during flu and cold season. Play ball and stop this dumbass quarantining of healthy people
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Why? So they can get all of the same players back for another year?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:22 am
Why? So they can get all of the same players back for another year?
LOL Good point.

Amazing how far Florida State and Michigan has fallen. I think Harbaugh is done at Michigan but due to this pandemic, the admin at UM will keep him around for another year.