Official I hate 2020 thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Aside from election year chaos, COVID, and all normal home/vehicle repairs hitting all in the same year, we lose the freaking boot and byu is doing good. :tickedoff:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
wwplayer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 8 times

A good friend of mine, Chaz Bufe, wrote/edited a modern update to Ambrose Bierce's "The Devil's Dictionaries" where he gives the definition of HELL, n. A place of eternal torment, much like the United States during an election year. 'Nuff said.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

wwplayer wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:56 am A good friend of mine, Chaz Bufe, wrote/edited a modern update to Ambrose Bierce's "The Devil's Dictionaries" where he gives the definition of HELL, n. A place of eternal torment, much like the United States during an election year. 'Nuff said.
With Biden apparently winning Pennsylvania, it's a safe bet the courts aka the Supreme Court will get involved. In other words, this messed up year will get worse. FAR worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:21 am
wwplayer wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:56 am A good friend of mine, Chaz Bufe, wrote/edited a modern update to Ambrose Bierce's "The Devil's Dictionaries" where he gives the definition of HELL, n. A place of eternal torment, much like the United States during an election year. 'Nuff said.
With Biden apparently winning Pennsylvania, it's a safe bet the courts aka the Supreme Court will get involved. In other words, this messed up year will get worse. FAR worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would the Supreme Court get involved? This isn't like the Bush - Gore election when there were a few hundred votes difference and Gore tried walking back his concession. The Pennsylvania margin is currently 0.7%. As a comparison, Jo Jorgensen got 1.1% total of the votes there... on top of that, the Nevada margin is now almost 3% after most of the military and absentee votes are counted, and even Georgia looks possible that it'll stay blue (outside of the runoff for the Senate spots).

However... I don't think 2021 is going to be much better than 2020. We're headed into another deep recession, and we were already at $1+ Trillion deficit for 2019 when the economy looked solid still. I don't see COVID slowing down anytime soon either. Europe's getting hit by the second wave now, and in the Czech Republic 1 in 1,300 residents are now hospitalized for it.

Despite the number of cases here in the U.S., we're not in a terrible situation yet, thankfully. I think Iowa's currently the worst, with about half ICU beds occupied by COVID patients, but I don't think that takes into account potential expanded capacity. That said, I think we're likely going to hit another shutdown in many places. My son's already had two hockey tournaments canceled, and a whole host of games on top of that. We'll see how long they'll be allowed to keep practicing. :-/
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Add in Alex Trebeck passing, 2020 sucks.

But yeah. The counting only is increasing for Joe Biden's favor, not decreasing.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

As Utah declares a state of emergency due to COVID today, there's actually some great news too:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/covid-v ... ction.html
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

With Joe in, gas will go to $4 to $5 a gallon, making it expensive to get to Poke games (unless you own a Tesla)
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:23 am With Joe in, gas will go to $4 to $5 a gallon, making it expensive to get to Poke games (unless you own a Tesla)
https://money.howstuffworks.com/preside ... prices.htm
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:19 am As Utah declares a state of emergency due to COVID today, there's actually some great news too:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/covid-v ... ction.html
Thats good to see.

I don't think as many people are going to go get the vaccine as we hope however, which is dumb. On the flip side though, its also dumb to make the vaccine the end-all, be-all of COVID. It does is help us along to herd immunity, albeit less effectively than if we let young, low-risk people go out get the virus itself (because not enough people are going to take it (anti-vaxxers now on both sides of the spectrum, from people who think the virus is fake on one side to people on the other who somehow believe that Trump has been able to... I don't know, adulterate the immunizations or something? Or otherwise make the who process unsafe, which is idiotic...). Plus, I'll be surprised if it is more effective than the flu vaccine every year -- I know the article quotes 90%). Getting the real virus will always produce a better, longer lasting immune response than an inactivated or attenuated virus as part of a vaccine. We've been treading on the pinnacle of the mountain of stupidity to scare young heathy people over an illness that kills them at a lower rate than the flu.