Utah St game cancelled

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Should of never had a season

https://themw.com/
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:56 am Should of never had a season

https://themw.com/
Well, the covid problem seemed to be under control when the decision was made for this late attempt to salvage the season. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't play another game this season. The most games we will play this season is 6. Probably should just call it now. No sense in risking injury for games that have virtually no meaning.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

2020 can kiss my big fat white Irish ass. MWC started too late - things were under much better control in Aug / Sept...they f-word up by not starting when they did.

Burman should be on the phone RIGHT NOW with CU, to schedule a game for this Saturday.

:willybs:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

I agree, i don't see us playing anymore in 2020 and I'm ok with it really. Erase 2020 from our memory banks
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I agree, this has become depressing and the remaining games have little intrigue. I wish we could get CSU on the phone and play them again this weekend.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:16 pm 2020 can kiss my big fat white Irish A$$. MWC started too late - things were under much better control in Aug / Sept...they f##k[#] up by not starting when they did.

Burman should be on the phone RIGHT NOW with CU, to schedule a game for this Saturday.

:willybs:
Irish aye, my folk too. O'donely's my mom's maiden name
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

You've got to be joking. It feels like the Hair is screwing us. Would this game have been cancelled if we were Boise? doubt it. They would have made USU trot out a bunch of walk0ons to get poop on
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Might be getting a CSU rematch
303cowboy
Cowpoke

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

At this point, I’m with most of you. I’m beginning to think that stopping the season would be appropriate if they’re going to cancel games week to week because of the cold. It’s not really fair to the players. Btw, my older brother tested positive and had some congestion, basically not even a cold.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:14 pm At this point, I’m with most of you. I’m beginning to think that stopping the season would be appropriate if they’re going to cancel games week to week because of the cold. It’s not really fair to the players. Btw, my older brother tested positive and had some congestion, basically not even a cold.
I know about a dozen or so now that have had the 'rona. No one even went to the doctor.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:17 pm
laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:14 pm At this point, I’m with most of you. I’m beginning to think that stopping the season would be appropriate if they’re going to cancel games week to week because of the cold. It’s not really fair to the players. Btw, my older brother tested positive and had some congestion, basically not even a cold.
I know about a dozen or so now that have had the 'rona. No one even went to the doctor.
My grandma who is turning 97 in a week caught it and made it through just fine. Some of her friends at assisted living weren't quite as lucky though.
drupp5456
Buckaroo

But what about Nevada? The Pack is having a great year so far and if they can beat SDSU they will most likely be in the top 25. It’s not fair to them.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I'm really biting my tongue right now. If I said what I wanted to say I'm sure I'd be kicked off this board in heartbeat. You've been called out for trivializing this several times before and you just can't stop. I'm pretty sure you also said it was gonna disappear after the election. My mom didn't think it was a big deal either and didn't understand why we were trying to be careful about being around her. Guess what, she just got hauled to the hospital with covid tonight, literally going in and out of consciousness because her oxygen levels were so low. She'd probably be dead already if my brother didn't call the ambulance and she didn't get supplemental oxygen just in the nick of time. I've known 8 people in Cheyenne that have had it already. 3 got sick as f-word, way beyond a normal cold or flu, and now ones hospitalized and might not be out of the woods. That's not a f-word cold!

Why don't you do us all a favor and go back to blaming all the problems on our players and being Vigens biggest fan boy. That's just plain f-word stupid but at least it's harmless.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I'm really biting my tongue right now. If I said what I wanted to say I'm sure I'd be kicked off this board in heartbeat. You've been called out for trivializing this several times before and you just can't stop. I'm pretty sure you also said it was gonna disappear after the election. My mom didn't think it was a big deal either and didn't understand why we were trying to be careful about being around her. Guess what, she just got hauled to the hospital with covid tonight, literally going in and out of consciousness because her oxygen levels were so low. She'd probably be dead already if my brother didn't call the ambulance and she didn't get supplemental oxygen just in the nick of time. I've known 8 people in Cheyenne that have had it already. 3 got sick as f-word, way beyond a normal cold or flu, and now ones hospitalized and might not be out of the woods. That's not a f-word cold!

Why don't you do us all a favor and go back to blaming all the problems on our players and being Vigens biggest fan boy. That's just plain f-word stupid but at least it's harmless.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:42 pm

First off, bullbugle, I sincerely hope your mother pulls through. This pandemic has been bad for all of us!!!!! My $0.02 as to why a lot of people are trivializing this mess is just simple frustration as to how long before things go back to "normal." Americans have a very short attention spans plus a pandemic like this hasn't happened in a 100 years so we basically got caught with our pants down.

In a way, we got damned lucky with COVID. This mess is bad but it coulda been a hell of a lot worse....we coulda had a repeat of the Spanish Flu or worse....the Black Death!!!!!

Wash your hands and wear a mask as much as possible when you're out and about!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Anybody have a news on a replacement game? Headed that way, regardless, but sure would be nice to be able to see a game
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Vt poke wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:40 am Anybody have a news on a replacement game? Headed that way, regardless, but sure would be nice to be able to see a game
No replacement game, per Burman this morning. Says he tried and got no takers.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:41 pm
I'm really biting my tongue right now. If I said what I wanted to say I'm sure I'd be kicked off this board in heartbeat. You've been called out for trivializing this several times before and you just can't stop. I'm pretty sure you also said it was gonna disappear after the election. My mom didn't think it was a big deal either and didn't understand why we were trying to be careful about being around her. Guess what, she just got hauled to the hospital with covid tonight, literally going in and out of consciousness because her oxygen levels were so low. She'd probably be dead already if my brother didn't call the ambulance and she didn't get supplemental oxygen just in the nick of time. I've known 8 people in Cheyenne that have had it already. 3 got sick as [#]f##k, way beyond a normal cold or flu, and now ones hospitalized and might not be out of the woods. That's not a f##k[#] cold!

Why don't you do us all a favor and go back to blaming all the problems on our players and being Vigens biggest fan boy. That's just plain f##k[#] stupid but at least it's harmless.
Prayers for your mom and family. I had a family member in the ICU in September and hanging on every update through the phone, not being able to be there in person, was absolute hell. She may have gotten lucky too - there's no question that the folks at U. of Utah medical center saved her life, and I just read that Utah is not taking any more out of state patients at all.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

303cowboy wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:15 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:17 pm
My grandma who is turning 97 in a week caught it and made it through just fine. Some of her friends at assisted living weren't quite as lucky though.
Q. What about people who claim COVID is no worse than the flu?

A. You have (over 250,000 coronavirus) deaths, 11 million infections and 70,000 people in the hospital. Flu doesn't even come close. When you ask me about frustration, which borders on pain, it’s that either people don't want to look at the data or they look at the data and they say it's fake. No, it isn't fake. … This is a global issue. I tell the people who deny or think that this is nothing, do you mean that every single country in Europe is doing the same thing, is making things up? They're not. I mean, it's so obvious. -Anthony Fauci

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 771086001/