New OC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

As it is clear that we have the worst Offensive Coordinator potentially in the history of college football, I thought it would be good to name some potential candidates we could hire that would immediately improve the OC position. I’ll start:
1. Tanner Gentry
2. Pistol Pete
3. A potato
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Vigen’s mom
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Points per game 2020: 33.5
Ppg 2016: 35.9

Yards per play 2020: 5.82
2016: 6.05

I get it, this offense is frustrating but the data says it’s not that bad.
W-Y, Until I Die!
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

4th and 3, QB sneak. I rest my case
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

But seriously, one of those years we had 5 nfl players on offense, this year is a tiny sample size and we haven’t played anyone good besides Nevada. The other years under vigen, consistently ranked 100+ in fbs
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

SheepSlayer wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:13 pm But seriously, one of those years we had 5 nfl players on offense, this year is a tiny sample size and we haven’t played anyone good besides Nevada. The other years under vigen, consistently ranked 100+ in fbs
You’re literally taking a sample size of series by series this year. Smith runs up the middle for 60? Good job. Run up the middle and stuffed? Fire the OC!

I wasn’t comparing 2016 like he’s a genius, I was comparing this year to 2016 because 2016 was some kind of banner year yet here we are putting up similar stats and everyone is losing their poop. I definitely think this OC lacks creativity, but we saw what happened when we tried to gun it against CSU. I actually give Vigen credit for winning so many games when the qb can’t pass. Maybe it’s Vigens fault but I’ve seen tons of home runs that have been missed by the QBs. Chambers has a really good win percentage and that’s one area I give him credit, unlike a lot of people.
W-Y, Until I Die!
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:21 pm
SheepSlayer wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:13 pm But seriously, one of those years we had 5 nfl players on offense, this year is a tiny sample size and we haven’t played anyone good besides Nevada. The other years under vigen, consistently ranked 100+ in fbs
You’re literally taking a sample size of series by series this year. Smith runs up the middle for 60? Good job. Run up the middle and stuffed? Fire the OC!

I wasn’t comparing 2016 like he’s a genius, I was comparing this year to 2016 because 2016 was some kind of banner year yet here we are putting up similar stats and everyone is losing their Sh#t. I definitely think this OC lacks creativity, but we saw what happened when we tried to gun it against CSU. I actually give Vigen credit for winning so many games when the qb can’t pass. Maybe it’s Vigens fault but I’ve seen tons of home runs that have been missed by the QBs. Chambers has a really good win percentage and that’s one area I give him credit, unlike a lot of people.
I don’t take a sample size of any single series. The best offenses have 3 and outs and the worst have long touchdowns. Good offenses don’t consistently have 3 and outs over and over again. I still think he should be fired after a 60 yard touchdown based on the larger sample size of horrid playcalling. 2016 was much tougher competition so apples and oranges. And if you’re consistently so bad in the passing game that you can’t go to it when you need to then you’re not coaching properly. Levi looked pretty good passing as a true freshman before he got some “coaching”. Chambers did too for that matter. The one area I think he’s done well at is recruiting. So maybe make him head of recruiting and turn playcalling duties over to someone else, anyone else
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Why is Williams seeming to get worse? At the very least we need a new QB coach.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

That 2016 team would hand us our asses in a head to head. So the fact is we're getting worse, not better. We're just lucky in that the whole conference is tanking so we don't look as bad.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

HR_Poke wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:51 pm Why is Williams seeming to get worse? At the very least we need a new QB coach.
This is a real argument. The play calling argument is lazy and coming from us dorks, it’s dumb.
W-Y, Until I Die!
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:54 pm
HR_Poke wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:51 pm Why is Williams seeming to get worse? At the very least we need a new QB coach.
This is a real argument. The play calling argument is lazy and coming from us dorks, it’s dumb.
Are you making the argument play calling has been anything better than absolutely horrendous under vigen? That would be truly dumb
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

SheepSlayer wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:59 pm
Are you making the argument play calling has been anything better than absolutely horrendous under vigen? That would be truly dumb
Credit where credit is due, this drive has been called well so far. Run the ball every play if you want, just not up the middle every single time. And please please please, enough with the qb sneaks on 4th and 3
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

Our passing game is so atrocious that we've attempted less than 10 passes against the worst passing d in the conference (if not the nation). It's all a part of one giant turd sandwich and at this point Bohl is every bit as guilty as Vigen.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

SheepSlayer wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:02 pm
SheepSlayer wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:59 pm
Credit where credit is due, this drive has been called well so far. Run the ball every play if you want, just not up the middle every single time. And please please please, enough with the qb sneaks on 4th and 3
This is all I ask. It's not too much to ask to get players in space once in a while.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand

I can tell you one thing today. Levi doesn't scan the field at all. He has one target that he's looking for and he's throwing it there whether it's double coverage or not.

Hunter S. Thompson
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

SheepSlayer wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:38 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:21 pm

I wasn’t comparing 2016 like he’s a genius, I was comparing this year to 2016 because 2016 was some kind of banner year yet here we are putting up similar stats and everyone is losing their Sh#t. I definitely think this OC lacks creativity, but we saw what happened when we tried to gun it against CSU. I actually give Vigen credit for winning so many games when the qb can’t pass. Maybe it’s Vigens fault but I’ve seen tons of home runs that have been missed by the QBs. Chambers has a really good win percentage and that’s one area I give him credit, unlike a lot of people.
I don’t take a sample size of any single series. The best offenses have 3 and outs and the worst have long touchdowns. Good offenses don’t consistently have 3 and outs over and over again. I still think he should be fired after a 60 yard touchdown based on the larger sample size of horrid playcalling. 2016 was much tougher competition so apples and oranges. And if you’re consistently so bad in the passing game that you can’t go to it when you need to then you’re not coaching properly. Levi looked pretty good passing as a true freshman before he got some “coaching”. Chambers did too for that matter. The one area I think he’s done well at is recruiting. So maybe make him head of recruiting and turn playcalling duties over to someone else, anyone else
sheesh...the old "since wyoming had good talent on the one undeniably good year...I'll just act like that disqualifies any credit"....stupid.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Peopl, It's not the OC....this is Bohl ball...your getting a team that will play with intensity and discipline more than not. It says about the depths the program has sunk to that merely achieving that qualifies as the most success in over 20 years at Wyoming..
specialteamsguru
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times

Vigen should quit and walk home tonight
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Every QB Bohl and Vigen have coached has gotten worse than when they got here.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

specialteamsguru wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:50 pm Vigen should quit and walk home tonight
Especially with a freshman QB not getting many snaps coming into a game and we go to a passing game, reaaaallly...we needed yards to get our FG kicker a bit closer but throwing....maybe it's time for Vigen to hit the bricks, kinda like Glenn had to do with his OC....we're way too predictable and its time to mix it up. Bohl still has an overall losing record at UW unfortunately... .