Glenn vs. Bohl - An Analysis

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CowboyX
Buckaroo

Yeah - this coach is WAY better than 'Joe Glenn'; Support Bohl. Hes working on making us reallly tough soon.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

CowboyX wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:03 pm Yeah - this coach is WAY better than 'Joe Glenn'; Support Bohl. Hes working on making us reallly tough soon.
Sorry but Bohl isn’t that great of head coach. This is year 7 now? “He is working to make us tough real soon?” That’s one of the dumbest things I have heard on this board. . He has had 7 years and the team is worse now than it was in 2016, 2017, 2018. And those years he basically coached .500 ball. He is no better than the last 3 or 4 coaches here. Wyoming isn’t going to get any better than it has been the last couple of years now. We are actually regressing. Losing to freaking New Mexico. Bohl can’t coach an offense to save his life.

Wyoming is going to get crushed tomorrow. Let’s see how the board is after that happens.

Honestly screw the football team. Time to put the money into basketball.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Ragtimejoe, there's no such thing as unreasonable expectations, I'm a fan and I pour my heart and soul into a season and prepare for a season in a way that takes a bunch of passion and emotion just as well as any other program does. I just want a few more championships and wins over teams we are spozed to beat. I never think that's too much to ask for from my alma mater. I want just as much as any other P5 team/school does, my only difference is my team will probably never get the chance to play in the NC playoff, unless it gets expanded someday. That's why I still don't understand the D1 label on lesser have teams, what do they really get to play for in the end, bowl games are nice but sometimes We want more.... Go Pokes, give Boise St all they want!!!!

As for Bohl, I'm hoping he's understanding Year 8 is one he better pay alot of attention too and show me/us he does belong at this level and not where he "came" from.

Yes it's time for bball, but damn it can't go watch it until next year, trials and tribulations of being a Pokes fan, lol
Stay and you will be Champions, when?????, the clocks tickin!! I'm ready, bring it, tired of hearing we're young and wait til next year, I've lived thru lots of those
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:03 pm
CowboyX wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:03 pm Yeah - this coach is WAY better than 'Joe Glenn'; Support Bohl. Hes working on making us reallly tough soon.
Sorry but Bohl isn’t that great of head coach. This is year 7 now? “He is working to make us tough real soon?” That’s one of the dumbest things I have heard on this board. . He has had 7 years and the team is worse now than it was in 2016, 2017, 2018. And those years he basically coached .500 ball. He is no better than the last 3 or 4 coaches here. Wyoming isn’t going to get any better than it has been the last couple of years now. We are actually regressing. Losing to freaking New Mexico. Bohl can’t coach an offense to save his life.

Wyoming is going to get crushed tomorrow. Let’s see how the board is after that happens.

Then if sjsu wins the championship next week, we all get to contemplate that in 7 years Bohl hasn't had the success of a team that had a 1 win and 2 win season in the last 4 years. Dare we say we will be wishing we had sjsu's success in football if they get to raise the mw football championship trophy.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Still waiting for ESPN gameday to come to Laramie too. Bohl isn't living up to his word. If Vigen is our O.C. next year, Bohl will be on the hot seat.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:55 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:03 pm

Then if sjsu wins the championship next week, we all get to contemplate that in 7 years Bohl hasn't had the success of a team that had a 1 win and 2 win season in the last 4 years. Dare we say we will be wishing we had sjsu's success in football if they get to raise the mw football championship trophy.
If SJSU wins the championship I would definitely take that level of success over what we are getting this year... If I have to take the last four years of SJSU results.... Not so sure anymore. That is trading one turd sandwich for another.

This "championships or else" is such crap! Build a consistent program... Do the little things.... Championships will come. Bohl may not be the guy that finishes off that path at Wyoming but he at least put us on it.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Gameday to Laramie, haaaaa, that's hilarious, it goes to Fargo a few times and everyone gets delusions of grandeur... not likely especially when we are only televised on CBS Sports Network and FS1. This may happen sometime this century but highly unlikely....."do the little things and the championships will come", sure that's fine and dandy but WHEN??? I'm getting older every year!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

stymeman wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:49 pm Gameday to Laramie, haaaaa, that's hilarious, it goes to Fargo a few times and everyone gets delusions of grandeur... not likely especially when we are only televised on CBS Sports Network and FS1. This may happen sometime this century but highly unlikely....."do the little things and the championships will come", sure that's fine and dandy but WHEN??? I'm getting older every year!
Same here. I was in the EIGHTH grade (1988, Centennial Junior High in Casper, WY) the last time we won an outright Conference Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!

We better win one soon. :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Tonight's per play yardage was the worst since....drumroll....2007. I believe that was Cockhill's final year (a season or two too late). Will the same fate await Vigen? Doubtful.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

1988 was my 1st year as a student at UW, such a great year to be a Wyoming Cowboys fan, Coach Roach was truly a stud
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Against teams that have finished in the top half of the conference’s divisions or overall league standings (the Mountain West did away with divisions this season), UW is 1-10 the last three seasons while averaging just 16.9 points in those contests.
From the Trib article. WOW!

Thinking about this, other than the good year, this stat would look even worse.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:40 am
Against teams that have finished in the top half of the conference’s divisions or overall league standings (the Mountain West did away with divisions this season), UW is 1-10 the last three seasons while averaging just 16.9 points in those contests.

Oddly enough, I don’t think chambers played in many of those. 2018, waited too long to bring chambers in. 2019, chambers gets injured after we started 6-2 I believe. Chambers injured first series this year. For a teams that’s struggled with quarterback play, losing the only seemingly serviceable qb is tough on us.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:30 am

Oddly enough, I don’t think chambers played in many of those. 2018, waited too long to bring chambers in. 2019, chambers gets injured after we started 6-2 I believe. Chambers injured first series this year. For a teams that’s struggled with quarterback play, losing the only seemingly serviceable qb is tough on us.
So you're saying Chambers' record is and stats are overinflated because he only faced the bad teams and bad defenses?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:21 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:30 am

So you're saying Chambers' record is and stats are overinflated because he only faced the bad teams and bad defenses?
Not saying anything. I guess you could look at that way or you look at a few ways. Chambers was in when we beat Missouri. Vanderwaal almost beat Boise last year. Would we have had a better chance with chambers who started 6-2? I think so. We’re a better team with chambers in even if the passing game isn’t great. I was expecting more improvement from chambers than I was Williams. Williams is essentially a true freshmen with a little bit of experience. Chambers has been in system much longer.
W-Y, Until I Die!