Signing day thoughts/reactions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

The other thread is loading slowly, so here's a new thread for recruiting thoughts.

Overall, I think this is a great class. Bohl really can recruit. I trust Bohl and he's got an excellent eye for talent. I bet he with all the COVID weirdness he's turned over some stones and found some gems. I really believe that.

There is no QB signed. Not sure what to make of that.

John Michael Gyllenborg 6'5'' 225 lbs Rockhust, MO
He apparently has only been playing football for two years. He is under the radar, but has the size and speed to be great. I bet he turns into a good one (if we get new coaches). runs 4.6 -4.7 in the 40.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:36 am The other thread is loading slowly, so here's a new thread for recruiting thoughts.

Overall, I think this is a great class. Bohl really can recruit. I trust Bohl and he's got an excellent eye for talent. I bet he with all the COVID weirdness he's turned over some stones and found some gems. I really believe that.

He apparently has only been playing football for two years. He is under the radar, but has the size and speed to be great. I bet he turns into a good one (if we get new coaches). runs 4.6 -4.7 in the 40.
Questioning this guys sanity. He says one of the things he's looking forward to most about playing in Laramie is the weather..
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

303cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:44 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:36 am The other thread is loading slowly, so here's a new thread for recruiting thoughts.

Questioning this guys sanity. He says one of the things he's looking forward to most about playing in Laramie is the weather..
I mean, I grew up playing sports pretty much no matter whether it snowed, hailed, was windy, or raining cats and dogs. I could see how when weather doesn't bother you, knowing that it bothers other people and might take them off their game would be extra sweet.

Hell, just playing hockey outdoors last year in -5F was fun for that very reason. Some of the people who'd normally be a LOT better than me kind of became non-factors. :)
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:36 am
Williams will be a RS Freshman next year, Beerup will be a true freshman, Chambers will be a Sophomore. With 3 underclassmen QBs, it would have been strange to sign another one unless one was leaving.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Really like a lot of the kids in this class. The DL/DE looked good. Kolbey Taylor come on down! Really liked the few clips they showed when Ian talked. Will look at more tape later. I trust Bohl recruits mostly because those small high school LBs turned into good DEs and those Safeties always seem to turn into great LBs after Bohl and company put some weight on them. Buuuuuut, did we see a game changer on either side? I know the good ones rarely look it coming out of high school but it'd be nice to see a full fledge game changer. Jordan Vaughn looks like the perfect RB for this system and will do well.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

RB Jordan Vaughn looks like Adrian Peterson in his highlight video. He's going to be a good one.

Seems like we're still reeling in more good OL. Nice to see

The DBs look good on film.

I was impressed with the DL from Houston that we signed, too. Big and fast

Wrook Brown's tape was excellent, too. He'll make an impact sooner rather than later on defense.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

One statement from Bohl's press conference concerned me: "We are a development program, those are the guys we recruit" Ok, I can accept that the we are going to recruit undervalued players as we are not the Alabama's of the world. I get that, but do all of our recruits need that much development? If a recruit is a 3-4 star rating are they not considered because they need less development?
I'm good for 3!