Josh Allen and the Bills

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

It's been an exciting week watching Josh perform on Monday night and Sunday night in the spotlight. He absolutely lit up the 49ers and then shook off the pressure of Pitt in the first half to put up a stellar 2nd half and lead them to another big win. Love seeing how Buffalo has embraced him and he has led the team to the top tier of the AFC. Imagine what he might be doing if the O-line gave him better protection.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

MN_Poke wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:24 am It's been an exciting week watching Josh perform on Monday night and Sunday night in the spotlight. He absolutely lit up the 49ers and then shook off the pressure of Pitt in the first half to put up a stellar 2nd half and lead them to another big win. Love seeing how Buffalo has embraced him and he has led the team to the top tier of the AFC. Imagine what he might be doing if the O-line gave him better protection.
For years, I watched every Broncos game. Now I watch every Bills game, and, even when the Broncos are on at the same time, I can't find any desire to watch them. Elway will go down as one of the biggest dopes at GM for passing on Allen to add another DE.

The Bills are just so fun to watch. Most exciting team since 2016 Wyoming.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:19 am
MN_Poke wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:24 am It's been an exciting week watching Josh perform on Monday night and Sunday night in the spotlight. He absolutely lit up the 49ers and then shook off the pressure of Pitt in the first half to put up a stellar 2nd half and lead them to another big win. Love seeing how Buffalo has embraced him and he has led the team to the top tier of the AFC. Imagine what he might be doing if the O-line gave him better protection.
For years, I watched every Broncos game. Now I watch every Bills game, and, even when the Broncos are on at the same time, I can't find any desire to watch them. Elway will go down as one of the biggest dopes at GM for passing on Allen to add another DE.

The Bills are just so fun to watch. Most exciting team since 2016 Wyoming.
It makes me soo happy that JA is doing what he's doing.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I've watched every Bills game that I possibly can since Josh was drafted. Like everyone else on here, I just beam with pride every time he plays. while wearing my 17 Bills jersey. Ha ha

Josh just keeps getting better and better and better and better. It's remarkable. At his current rate of progression it'll be him and Mahomes as the two best QBs in the league. Don't know if he can ever overtake Mahomes, but he's legitimately one of the best QBs in the NFL. Amazing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I haven't watched much NFL, but I did catch a game or two of Josh's. So happy for him and finally getting his mechanics down. All debates aside about accuracy and whatever else, the kid is just so passionate and LOVES the game. Fun to watch and should have a great career.

I also really like the Alex Smith story and hope he makes the playoffs. Incredible and I've always liked him since his Utah days even though I hated watching carve us up in the coldest game I personally attended with about 500 other WYO faithful.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

In a normal season I bet there would be a lot of brown and gold and Bills 17 jerseys in Denver Saturday. Agree that Elway really blew that opportunity. Josh has been the top QB from that draft but I'm sure glad he didn't end up on the Browns or Jets. Much easier to get behind the Bills and their momentum. My Vikes even helped him out by giving him Diggs and the Vikes profited by getting Justin Jefferson so that all worked out.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

It's not really a guarantee that Josh Allen would have been good in Denver.. it's not like the Broncos have been good at developing young quarterbacks over the years. Josh found himself in a very favorable place in Buffalo with a very good offensive coordinator that tailored an offense to maximize Josh's talent. We can see what's happening with Drew Lock in Denver now where the offense hasn't been good even with elite players at the skill positions (the injuries aren't helping matters either, but ...).
ImageImageImageImage
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:07 am I haven't watched much NFL, but I did catch a game or two of Josh's. So happy for him and finally getting his mechanics down. All debates aside about accuracy and whatever else, the kid is just so passionate and LOVES the game. Fun to watch and should have a great career.

I also really like the Alex Smith story and hope he makes the playoffs. Incredible and I've always liked him since his Utah days even though I hated watching carve us up in the coldest game I personally attended with about 500 other WYO faithful.
The weather was so nice that night they extended the game a couple of hours so the cheerleaders could play a game at half time.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:54 am It's not really a guarantee that Josh Allen would have been good in Denver.. it's not like the Broncos have been good at developing young quarterbacks over the years. Josh found himself in a very favorable place in Buffalo with a very good offensive coordinator that tailored an offense to maximize Josh's talent. We can see what's happening with Drew Lock in Denver now where the offense hasn't been good even with elite players at the skill positions (the injuries aren't helping matters either, but ...).
Denver has elite skill position players?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:54 am It's not really a guarantee that Josh Allen would have been good in Denver.. it's not like the Broncos have been good at developing young quarterbacks over the years. Josh found himself in a very favorable place in Buffalo with a very good offensive coordinator that tailored an offense to maximize Josh's talent. We can see what's happening with Drew Lock in Denver now where the offense hasn't been good even with elite players at the skill positions (the injuries aren't helping matters either, but ...).
Josh Allen would have been great anywhere. He has elite tools, an elite work ethic and an elite competitiveness. The Bills were not the greatest landing spot because that team was devoid of offensive talent a few years ago with the worst line in the league. Allen was thrown into a hornets nest. He survived because he is that kind of guy and then the Bills added some real weapons to match his skill set.

Lock went into a much better situation with pretty good young offensive talent and an elite tackle. Despite Lock showing signs of life this week, I don’t expect him to be any better than Kyle Orton or Jake Plummer. Lock will never throw that 40 yard bomb cross field while rolling to the right to an open TE to draw a PI in the end zone. Can’t blame him because there are like 4 guys that have ever played the game who could.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:42 am
Josh Allen would have been great anywhere. He has elite tools, an elite work ethic and an elite competitiveness. The Bills were not the greatest landing spot because that team was devoid of offensive talent a few years ago with the worst line in the league. Allen was thrown into a hornets nest. He survived because he is that kind of guy and then the Bills added some real weapons to match his skill set.

Lock went into a much better situation with pretty good young offensive talent and an elite tackle. Despite Lock showing signs of life this week, I don’t expect him to be any better than Kyle Orton or Jake Plummer. Lock will never throw that 40 yard bomb cross field while rolling to the right to an open TE to draw a PI in the end zone. Can’t blame him because there are like 4 guys that have ever played the game who could.
Agree. Buffalo sucked when Josh got there. Far from an ideal situation. The talent level on offense was low. He fought through that first year, sought out the best help from private coaches to fix his mechanics, worked through his problems largely on his own and the rest is history. I think most other QBs would have been done in by those first couple years in Buffalo. How many other QBs were? Hell, Josh still doesn't have a decent running game around him to help prop up his passing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:29 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:07 am I haven't watched much NFL, but I did catch a game or two of Josh's. So happy for him and finally getting his mechanics down. All debates aside about accuracy and whatever else, the kid is just so passionate and LOVES the game. Fun to watch and should have a great career.

The weather was so nice that night they extended the game a couple of hours so the cheerleaders could play a game at half time.
:rofl: Not going to lie; I made it through the delay but did not make the entire game. Damn that was cold and I was under dressed.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:12 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:42 am

Agree. Buffalo sucked when Josh got there. Far from an ideal situation. The talent level on offense was low. He fought through that first year, sought out the best help from private coaches to fix his mechanics, worked through his problems largely on his own and the rest is history. I think most other QBs would have been done in by those first couple years in Buffalo. How many other QBs were? Hell, Josh still doesn't have a decent running game around him to help prop up his passing.
They for sure sucked when he got there. Imagine going from throwing balls to Kelvin Benjmain and Zay Jones as a rookie to Stefon Diggs, John Brown and Cole Beasley. I do think Sean McDermott/Brandon Beane is an elite coach/GM tandem and the OC Brian Daboll will be a top head coach candidate in the offseason. Josh is luck to have them, and those guys bought all the way in on Josh and essentially gambled their jobs on him by trading up in the draft. They look like one of the smarter teams in the league now for doing it.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:08 am

:rofl: Not going to lie; I made it through the delay but did not make the entire game. Damn that was cold and I was under dressed.
I was there and froze my nuts off
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:20 pm

I think I made it to half time. We were down by about a thousand IIRC and the Buck sounded like a much better place to be at that point.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Subcanis wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:59 pm

I think I made it to half time. We were down by about a thousand IIRC and the Buck sounded like a much better place to be at that point.
Was this the Utah game in which Glenn flipped the bird at Utah's HC?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:32 pm
Subcanis wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:59 pm

Was this the Utah game in which Glenn flipped the bird at Utah's HC?
No. That game was at Utah during the day. Glenn rightfully flipped the bird after Whittingham ordered an onside kick up 40 in the second half.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:07 am I also really like the Alex Smith story and hope he makes the playoffs. Incredible and I've always liked him since his Utah days even though I hated watching carve us up in the coldest game I personally attended with about 500 other WYO faithful.
The waiting for the game to get started was more fun than the actual game... holy crap it gets cold to stand around at WAR for several hours in that kind of weather, though.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Yeah, for that Utah game I was an usher raising money to go on a choir trip to Hawaii. I wasn't allowed to leave or go into the bowels of the stadium to warm up (too young and stupid to not just do it anyway). Couldn't move around, either. It was torture. To make it worse I was by the Utah section on the west side and they were throwing all manner of insults saying how small time Wyoming was, and can't believe these hillbillies, etc.. I've hated Ute fans ever since. But it sure built character lol.

I believe fromolewyoming was there too doing the very same thing the very same night???
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:57 am Yeah, for that Utah game I was an usher raising money to go on a choir trip to Hawaii. I wasn't allowed to leave or go into the bowels of the stadium to warm up (too young and stupid to not just do it anyway). Couldn't move around, either. It was torture. To make it worse I was by the Utah section on the west side and they were throwing all manner of insults saying how small time Wyoming was, and can't believe these hillbillies, etc.. I've hated Ute fans ever since. But it sure built character lol.

I believe fromolewyoming was there too doing the very same thing the very same night???
Indeed I was. But I was on the student side. Well, above them. Still had to deal with grumpy fans, asking the 14 year old kid, when the electricity would be back on.

Did get free hot chocolate though.